Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/23/2014 10:57:48 AM EDT
I picked up one of THESE for an SBR lower I have but was wondering if I'll need a different buffer.  The one I'm using in it already is just your standard carbine buffer.  I'll be using a YHM Phantom Ti QD 7.62 can on this rig.  Am I GTG?  

Also, I was regretting not going shorter (8.5-9") but plan to hunt with it and thought the extra FPS might be better with the 10.5.  Is this sound reasoning or am I trying to over think this?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:07:06 AM EDT
[#1]
You will probably need a heavier buffer.  AAC recommends an H2 with their 9" barrels, and many folks I know (myself included) run a Spikes T2.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:09:53 PM EDT
[#2]
i thought the consensus was that the standard car buffer was the way to go, that there often isn't enogu gas to cycle the heavier buffers.??
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top