Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/19/2014 2:42:31 PM EDT
Has anyone seen anything, or is there a link anywhere on here about a S&W e IN .308 that's called a Thumper.   I'm sure that is not the accurate, factory name, or maybe it is, but I've heard enough good stuff about it that I'd like to check it out.   I figure I can throw this out here and save myself a lot of Google time.   Thanks is advance......I'm not a major fan of S&W long guns but I've heard enough about this one that I 'd like to know more, since I'm looking for an AR platform rifle in .308.   Never had one, only bolt guns and I do want one.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 2:59:29 PM EDT
[#1]
The "Thumper" is the .450 Bushmaster.

S&W has a .308 called the M&P 10.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:45:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The "Thumper" is the .450 Bushmaster.

S&W has a .308 called the M&P 10.
View Quote

Actually not.  Jeff Cooper came up with the "Thumper" concept and there is still nothing out there that meets his design criteria.  Specifically lacking, is the 20rd magazine.
The rest of the design concept was a very small/light rifle, similar to an M1 carbine, that fired a large bore round comparable to a 44 Auto Mag.

Tony
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:50:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Guys....I saw an article on the rifle sometime in the past two or three weeks.  It was either in a American Rifleman mag or in Shotgun news and the "Thumper" that I am thinking of is definitely the .308.   I know that there is a Bushmaster out there with the same or similar name but it's not a .308.   Maybe I can find that article and will know for sure.  I do remember thinking when I read it that if I had the $$$ at the time I was impressed enough to go out and get one and try it out.   Thanks again for the info.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top