Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2013 9:12:54 PM EDT
Posted this on my local gun board and wanted to share if anyone is interested.

So finished up my first Genesis lower today, its going to the range tomorrow. I thought I would share some photos for everyone interested in them. I did the CNC at  Arms Specialty and Tool (Much thanks to Gabe for all the help). Much Thanks goes to Randall at AR15 barrels for checking all the various 308 pattern parts for builds over the years and conversion services of AR-10b uppers to run Pmags / SR-25 mags. Sorry about the crappy cell photos, don't have my lighting with me at home.

Here is a run down of parts for the build. We have tested it with a variety of uppers for fit. We know it will fit and work with these uppers.

Knights SR-25 uppers (might have a bit of play)
LMT MWS uppers (might have a bit of play)
LaRue OBR / PredOBR uppers (might have a bit of play)
Armalite AR10a
Armalite SR-25 uppers (Out there but not for sale anymore)
Armalite AR-10b uppers (with conversion)
Mega MATEN - Fits just fine and will function but is a bit wider and doesn't match as much cosmetically

Geneisis will be working on their own uppers that have DPMS barrel nut / thread and high rail just like the mega. So you can run Knights rails.

Upper guts - Known to work
Armalite BCG's (both forward assist and no forward assist)
KAC / LTM BGC's
DPMS BCG's
JP BCG's
LaRue BCG's

Lower build

Genesis Lower - http://genesiscnc.com/
10 Round SR-25 mag
Armalite AR-10 Parts kit with Tactical two stage trigger
Armalite AR-10A Bolt catch
Armalite AR-10A Mag Release
BB
Armalite AR-10 Buffer tube
H3 buffer
Armalite Carbine Buffer spring
Magpul CRT

I tested for function with DPMS / Knights and Magpul mags

LMT MWS upper

SR-25

SR-25 Upper

Mega

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXze1wB-vxw
Link Posted: 9/15/2013 7:22:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Did you have to do any additional drilling on the lower, or was it assembly and test for the right fit.?

Trying to understand what additional modification to the Genesis lower you may have made.   You said you were at a CNC shop.?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/15/2013 11:49:41 AM EDT
[#2]
This was an 80% lower since AR-10's are banned by name in CA and I really wanted one that ran my Preban SR-25 mags (Pre 2000 mags)

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did you have to do any additional drilling on the lower, or was it assembly and test for the right fit.?

Trying to understand what additional modification to the Genesis lower you may have made.   You said you were at a CNC shop.?

Thanks
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/17/2013 4:49:43 AM EDT
[#3]
This sounds interesting, would be easier to make a SR25 clone.

Quoted:
Geneisis will be working on their own uppers that have DPMS barrel nut / thread and high rail just like the mega. So you can run Knights rails.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/17/2013 10:40:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I think version 2 of the lower will be the SR-25 style since you could still run AR-10 upper on it by just opening up the pin holes on the upper by a couple of thousandths. Or get an LMT MWS and trade the upper for a SR-25 upper . LMT and Knights use the same forging and share a BCG, buffer tube, buffer , spring , lpk

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/18/2013 8:29:34 AM EDT
[#5]
So they are coming out with another style lower? interesting....

Quoted:
I think version 2 of the lower will be the SR-25 style since you could still run AR-10 upper on it by just opening up the pin holes on the upper by a couple of thousandths. Or get an LMT MWS and trade the upper for a SR-25 upper . LMT and Knights use the same forging and share a BCG, buffer tube, buffer , spring , lpk

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/18/2013 10:05:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Only difference between an Armalite AR-10a and SR-25 lower is the front pivot pin style and how the pin boss is machined and pin size .276  vs .281.  Other wise they are interchange able, as are the uppers.

Link Posted: 11/3/2013 10:08:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Do you have any more information on the conversion required to fit the AR10B upper?
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top