Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/26/2012 7:12:26 PM EDT
Had a chance to play with Hi-Lux's new CMR-AK7.62 scope out to 800 yards.

It was originally intended for the 7.62x39mm cartridge but it matches the 300 BLK
very well too. BDC marks are provided out to 1,000 meters for 7.62x39mm. I found
this matched very closely to supersonic 300 BLK 110 grain loads out to 800 yards.
Well enough to make first round hits at 480 yards on a LaRue.

I also gave Hornady's 208 grain subsonic load a try and made hits from 100 to 530 yards
with the Hi-Lux. Very quick and easy to use reticle allowing rapid hits without touching
the turrets....

better still it is very affordable and the quality is very good!
http://hi-luxoptics.com/product/riflescopes/tactical-scopes/cmr-series/cmr-ak762-tactical-scope/

Link Posted: 11/26/2012 8:39:10 PM EDT
[#1]
What's your barrel length?
Link Posted: 11/26/2012 8:57:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/26/2012 9:28:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I shot with a 16 inch AR carbine and a 9.5 inch AR pistol
and did chronograph both.

Doing an article on it for our next Book of the AR-15
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 1:56:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 7:22:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Had a chance to play with Hi-Lux's new CMR-AK7.62 scope out to 800 yards.

It was originally intended for the 7.62x39mm cartridge but it matches the 300 BLK
very well too. BDC marks are provided out to 1,000 meters for 7.62x39mm. I found
this matched very closely to supersonic 300 BLK 110 grain loads out to 800 yards.
Well enough to make first round hits at 480 yards on a LaRue.

I also gave Hornady's 208 grain subsonic load a try and made hits from 100 to 530 yards
with the Hi-Lux. Very quick and easy to use reticle allowing rapid hits without touching
the turrets....

better still it is very affordable and the quality is very good!
http://hi-luxoptics.com/product/riflescopes/tactical-scopes/cmr-series/cmr-ak762-tactical-scope/

http://hi-luxoptics.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/img-CMR-AK762-green.jpg

David,
When is the book (AR15/volume 5) coming out?  Sweeney did some reviews with 300 blackout and the CMR.  Looking for more.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 12:16:47 PM EDT
[#6]
We are working on it now, not sure on release date.

There should be a pile of BLK articles in this one.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 3:10:11 PM EDT
[#7]
800 yards - impossible!!  Besides the 6.8 could do the same thing faster and better!
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 4:30:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Interesting scope.....So, the .300 does have ballistics like the 7.62x39.

Sometime things are in how you look at it!

Sandblaster,
Not impossible. If you look on the warning on the box of .22LR it says it shoot a mile.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 4:40:58 PM EDT
[#9]
HoustonArmory
Of course you know you will be called a liar!! Even if you had video proof!  Cause no one can hit anything passed 50 yards with a 300 blk as it's to weak and has 100 ft in drop etc.    I guess weather permiting I'll go out and shoot  tommorrow with my 300 blk at 200 yards  with my own cast bullets!  I know how combat effective this round is.  Way better then 5.56mm especially close.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 5:40:49 PM EDT
[#10]
There's a youtube video of Travis Haley hitting a steel plate at I think was 750meters using a holdover with an aimpoint micro......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgKjbySsAik

good stuff!!!!
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 6:47:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
There's a youtube video of Travis Haley hitting a steel plate at I think was 750meters using a holdover with an aimpoint micro......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgKjbySsAik

good stuff!!!!

Old news! Been hashed out.
Some like it . Some say sales pitch infomercial. Depends on which side of the fence your on.

Link Posted: 11/27/2012 8:18:50 PM EDT
[#12]
That's intereting.  It look like it has 30 mil built into the reticle which should get you way out without dialing.

Just know your dope on the sub and use the reticle.

Looks like a cheaper alternative to the leupold blk opticeveiththevdusl reticle.

Link Posted: 11/28/2012 3:20:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Seems like a very useful scope. Will go with it when I get my blk finished. Mine will be using an 8"barrel so I would be interested in seeing how well that reticle workswith the loss in velocity.
Link Posted: 11/28/2012 3:42:57 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Good deal on the optic.

A 300 out to 800. Wow talk about motar shot.

The Russkies have been lobbing slow 7.62mm pills for decades.  And all the AK-47 fanboys will argue that the .300 BLK is a useless cartridge.

As for the scope... I have the 1-4X, and while I like the reticle design, I found the scope itself to be a collection of 'meh'.

Poor illumination, poor turrets, lack of repeatability, o-rings that tore apart the first time I took the turret covers off.

That scope sits on the shelf, waiting for a pellet gun to mount it on.

Link Posted: 11/29/2012 5:57:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Good deal on the optic.

The Russkies have been lobbing slow 7.62mm pills for decades.  And all the AK-47 fanboys will argue that the .300 BLK is a useless cartridge.

As for the scope... I have the 1-4X, and while I like the reticle design, I found the scope itself to be a collection of 'meh'.

Poor illumination, poor turrets, lack of repeatability, o-rings that tore apart the first time I took the turret covers off.

Are you talking about the CMR 1-4?  I didn't know you're supposed to take the turret covers off.  The ones that I have seen are not capped.
Link Posted: 11/29/2012 9:37:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/3/2012 7:35:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Good deal on the optic.

Are you talking about the CMR 1-4?  I didn't know you're supposed to take the turret covers off.  The ones that I have seen are not capped.

They aren't capped. I just bought one of the standard reticle CMRs, and I've only had it out twice, but it's really nice, especially for so little money. The illumination is dim in the daytime, but I expected it and that seems to be par for the course with 1x4s. Close the front cap, turn the illumination on and shoot both eyes open and it works just like an Armson OEG during the day. Solves the dim daytime illumination problem. The reticle is nice and sharp and it has a very small center dot for precise shooting. I'm shooting great groups with it.

Mine returns to zero after adjustments, and I really like the zero lock feature. I'm using an ADM mount and it RTZs after taking it off the rifle. The glass surprisingly really good, it seems really well made & beefy, but I guess time will tell on that front.
I did see that some people were having problems with the illumination turret loosening up reading about it, so the first thing I did out of the box was take that turret switch apart and add some loctite to the four offending screws & put it back together.

So far I'm really happy with it. I'm going to wait a week or two more to see if somebody drops the price a little on the AK762 before I grab one for my 300 BLK rifles.

Link Posted: 12/5/2012 2:34:15 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good deal on the optic.

I went back and looked at the scope.  There are no turret covers.  I misspoke.  I took the turret dial off in order to reset the zero point.

Link Posted: 12/5/2012 12:35:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Good deal on the optic.

I went back and looked at the scope.  There are no turret covers.  I misspoke.  I took the turret dial off in order to reset the zero point.

Wanna sell it? I could use another one.
Link Posted: 12/5/2012 3:48:02 PM EDT
[#20]
I think I'll give one of these a try. I just ordered one for $341.99 shipped. Hard to beat the price, if it's a decent scope!
Link Posted: 12/5/2012 5:54:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I think I'll give one of these a try. I just ordered one for $341.99 shipped. Hard to beat the price, if it's a decent scope!

Yeah, I ordered another one yesterday from Optics Planet. (Have the standard, ordered the AK762 version) They dropped the price a bit like I thought might happen. Going to try a BOBRO mount with this one.

I like mine a lot. This is the fix for the known problem some people have with the illumination switch loosening up after shooting with it for awhile. Took me about 2 minutes to take apart, add thread locker & reassemble.
I just did it out of the box to mine. (Do 2 at a time so you don't have to line anything back up, and check the switch tension & adjust before you reassemble. If you crank the screws all the way down you'll tighten it so much the switch is almost impossible to turn on .)

Seems to be the only repeated complaint about it I could find that wasn't an outlier. Something they should take note of and do at the factory. (Mr. Fortier, if you have contacts at the company you should make them aware of this & suggest it if possible.)
If mine just keeps doing what it's doing I'm surprisingly happy with it. I thought I'd get it and immediately have buyers remorse and want the Vortex I was looking at instead. A hell of a scope for the money so far.

Link Posted: 12/6/2012 12:49:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Wow! Thanks for the tip and video. I'll loctite those screws as soon as I receive the scope.
Link Posted: 12/6/2012 5:18:24 PM EDT
[#23]
I had a similar thread a week or so ago about bdc scopes for the blk but i decided to go with a leupold vx-r tmr firedot in the 3-9. 1-4 dosent really cut it for me since i have plenty dot scopes already. I'll review it when i have a chance to play with the turrets.
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 4:38:09 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good deal on the optic.

Wanna sell it? I could use another one.

IM sent.

Link Posted: 12/7/2012 4:55:50 AM EDT
[#25]
David
you do realize that now 346ci and tim_w are going to claim that 300 blackout guys are saying the 300 blackout is a 1000yd hunting cartridge.  Even though that is obviously not what you are doing, they will twist the future article and your post for that matter
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 6:18:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Nice scope. I have been looking around at different scopes/red dots for my 300 build . My only concern is those damned scope covers sticking up and snagging the brush all the time, on my 450B rifle I had flip-up scope caps and they lasted a whole 5 minutes on it's very first hunt before I yanked them off and tossed them into the brush. Do they make a identicle spec scope without those BS covers or are the removable?
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 8:55:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Nice scope. I have been looking around at different scopes/red dots for my 300 build . My only concern is those damned scope covers sticking up and snagging the brush all the time, on my 450B rifle I had flip-up scope caps and they lasted a whole 5 minutes on it's very first hunt before I yanked them off and tossed them into the brush. Do they make a identicle spec scope without those BS covers or are the removable?

The covers are removable.
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 1:11:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
David
you do realize that now 346ci and tim_w are going to claim that 300 blackout guys are saying the 300 blackout is a 1000yd hunting cartridge.  Even though that is obviously not what you are doing, they will twist the future article and your post for that matter

I think 346ci is going to get banned or at least put in the corner for a while...
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 2:15:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
David

Link Posted: 12/10/2012 9:03:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Looking forward to the article thanks for the heads up Mr. Fortier.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top