Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/12/2012 2:32:17 PM EDT
Is anyone familiar with this company and in particular the .308?   They are soooooo light weight and have 5 different camo colors/designs.  They are pricey though.  Anyone with any first hand experience or know someone who does?  Supposedly, they guarrantee 1/4 MOA at 100 yards.
Link Posted: 6/12/2012 2:36:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I oredered a rifle from them a number of years ago.
The client I ordered it for was super excited about his suprre light hunting rig.

When it arrived he was super disappointed in the fit and finish of the rifle. The rifle was not even cenetered in the barrel channel.

I thought it was a fine looking hinting rifle. He was not happy.
Link Posted: 6/12/2012 2:55:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Is anyone familiar with this company and in particular the .308?   They are soooooo light weight and have 5 different camo colors/designs.  They are pricey though.  Anyone with any first hand experience or know someone who does?  They're supposed to guarrantee 1/2 MOA at 100 yards.

No experience, but what are they claiming for a weight?
Link Posted: 6/13/2012 5:05:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't know why they don't have more information about the rifles on their web site, but the store salesman told me this much:  they use match grade Shilen barrels, have Temney (sp?) triggers, titanium flash hiders, weigh 6.5 lbs. unloaded and the company guarantees 1/4 MOA at 100 meters.  The one I found is in Kings Snow Shadow, but looks just a little darker than in the picture.  It is wicked looking and felt EXTREMELY light...almost like a toy.  It was much lighter than my Daniel Defense AR 15 (which isn't that heavy).  I've also read some bad things about their customer service, accuracy and fit/finish but that was like 10 yrs ago and supposedly things have changed.  The salesman I talked to (biggest gun shop in town) seemed to know quite a lot about them and said everything was above mil-spec, underwent MPI testing and thought they were one of the best rifles available!  He has a couple of them and loves them.  Anyway, I called the company yesterday to get more information and got a return call within 30 min.  Unfortunately, the person who called was, I think, a receptionist who said she didn't know anything about the rifles, but that the owner liked to speak to callers personally, but was out of state until today.  My schedule is really busy today and tomorrow so I asked that he call me on Friday.
Link Posted: 6/13/2012 5:08:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I've shot the 5.56 version. It was an excellent rifle with all the premium features you could cram on it (overkill for me in some ways). It was very light - not insanely light, though.

I put about 20 rounds through it, all under 50 yards. Plenty accurate. Very low recoil. Sights stayed on target almost perfectly, but the muzzle brake didn't have lots of blast.

The $3000 price tag was stout, but the rifle clearly delivers.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/14/2012 8:50:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I spoke with the gun store salesman again (not the company) who informed me that, instead of chrome, any metal on metal parts are lined with nickle boron which is supposedly stronger than chrome!  Anyone heard of this or know anything about it?  Also, I edited the first entry as I was told that they actually expect 1/4 MOA at 100 meters...not 1/2.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/14/2012 8:51:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/14/2012 2:14:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Sweet looking rifles.

Link Posted: 6/24/2012 3:22:34 AM EDT
[#8]
I am not familiar with the .308 version, but I have experience with the company and it's product. I had Christensen install a  .223, 20" length, carbon-fiber-wrapped bull-barrel on my AR upper. I am also using a Christensen carbon-fiber handguard. I can not say that I was happy with my "salesman" (name provided on request), but I am happy with the fit, finish, performance and accuracy of the final assembly.

Bandit
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top