Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
300 Blackout Picture thread (Page 51 of 51)
Page / 51
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/13/2023 12:50:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll play. Just redid this one. 8"

Link Posted: 12/20/2023 5:23:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Here’s my 300 blk Kitty Kat…
Or is it my A2 Honey Badger…?

How about my Kitty Badger?

Link Posted: 12/20/2023 11:16:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Goody454:
Here's my 300 blk Kitty Kat
Or is it my A2 Honey Badger ?

https://i.ibb.co/jGy79TG/IMG-1270.jpg
View Quote
whatever you call it it's pretty bad ass
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 6:07:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Aero lower, PSA upper, Trash Panda and some Home Depot camo.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 6:29:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Pepper Cannon!!

Link Posted: 12/31/2023 9:51:45 AM EDT
[#6]
First 300blk upper.

Forward controls design upper receiver, 7.5” barrel, Midwest Industries gen 1 free float quad rail, octane .45 suppressor, primary arms 1x cyclops prism optic.

Can is only rated for subs, but then again this main purpose will be bump in the night indoor gun, so it will likely only ever see subs run through it. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 5:44:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 6:37:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 5:03:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Any of you 300 dudes send your can back to AAC for a mini ranger 7 conversion? Seriously considering it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 5:26:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bringo] [#10]
Originally Posted By Eyekahn:
https://i.imgur.com/HMjzwyU.jpeg

Any of you 300 dudes send your can back to AAC for a mini ranger 7 conversion? Seriously considering it.
View Quote

I would have considered it if my SDN6 wasn't purchased for the OG blackout clone. I have to stay true to the "killed by indians" spirit.

Link Posted: 1/30/2024 7:48:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Because I apparently don't know how to just leave a rifle as is lately...rebuilt 8.5.

Link Posted: 1/31/2024 7:05:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By spyderboy03:
Because I apparently don't know how to just leave a rifle as is lately...rebuilt 8.5.
https://i.imgur.com/UO4ZT6O.jpg
View Quote

I simultaneously dig that and am enraged by that combo of anodizing

I do the same shit, I just redid mine, need to take some pics
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 10:26:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By ScoutH57:
View Quote
Mission accomplished
It's funny, I don't really care for a DDC rail/upper on a different colored lower or an ODG gun with black grip, stock, etc. However, this combo of DDC, clear, ODG, and black accessories does it for me. And it will trigger people's OCD
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 10:32:30 AM EDT
[#14]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By spyderboy03:
https://i.imgur.com/UO4ZT6O.jpg

Not a rebuild, but I took the 9k off mine for a bit. The adapter had been carbon locked on for years. I guess the interface got cold enough to shrink ever so slightly to allow the adapter to loosen. It came right off last weekend.

Been shooting more subsonic 9mm than blackout these days now that I have an RMR on the Glock, so until I get another dedicated Omega 9k for the pistol I'm going to leave the rifle loud.

I'll try to get some better pics soon.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 12:47:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Bringo:

Not a rebuild, but I took the 9k off mine for a bit. The adapter had been carbon locked on for years. I guess the interface got cold enough to shrink ever so slightly to allow the adapter to loosen. It came right off last weekend.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53500399594_81fec78805_c.jpg  

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53499212722_771133fdf7_c.jpg

Been shooting more subsonic 9mm than blackout these days now that I have an RMR on the Glock, so until I get another dedicated Omega 9k for the pistol I'm going to leave the rifle loud.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53500098011_e6d60f4ea0_b.jpg

View Quote
I found that the 9k in front of an RMR on a milled slide left less than half of the window available to use.

I ended up moving to a higher rmr mounting solution so that the whole thing sits above the silencer.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 1:11:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Daggertt:
I found that the 9k in front of an RMR on a milled slide left less than half of the window available to use.

I ended up moving to a higher rmr mounting solution so that the whole thing sits above the silencer.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Daggertt:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53500399594_81fec78805_c.jpg  

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53499212722_771133fdf7_c.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53500098011_e6d60f4ea0_b.jpg

You're right! I noticed that as well lol Literally looking through an arch with a dot in the middle.

But it's my only option at the moment for seeing over the can to send 9mm down range.

Little detour* Pertinent:

Link Posted: 1/31/2024 4:02:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 4:45:53 AM EDT
[#18]

Very good looking setup you have, that color is awesome in the leaves.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 11:50:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Here’s my 300 blk Kitty Kat…
Or is it my A2 Honey Badger…?

View Quote

I’m embarrassed the weather stopped me until yesterday from shooting this thing, but it’s been a pretty nasty winter…
I shot 100 supers and 100 subs, all suppressed, and was pretty pleased with the results.

I zeroed the FSP @50 yards with supers and it took about 2 turns down on the front sight.
After that I shot some subs, and they were dead-nuts with the rear sight dialed to 500 yards.

I was shooting soda-cans offhand @50 and 100 yards going back and forth with supers/subs, and my 10-year old was able to nail a few as well off the bags.

Link Posted: 2/6/2024 1:14:31 PM EDT
[#20]
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53377997843_d0e946c30b_c.jpg
Put a mag extension from Taylor Freelance on the blackout. This is the best travel companion/grab and go HD rifle I've ever had.
View Quote
Specs on this?  Looking to do something PDW, existing lower with folder.  Debating 7, 7.5, 8, 8.5" barrels.  Too short looks like issues with mounting lights and hitting the gas block.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 3:02:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By jd2395:
Specs on this?  Looking to do something PDW, existing lower with folder.  Debating 7, 7.5, 8, 8.5" barrels.  Too short looks like issues with mounting lights and hitting the gas block.
View All Quotes
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53377997843_d0e946c30b_c.jpg
Put a mag extension from Taylor Freelance on the blackout. This is the best travel companion/grab and go HD rifle I've ever had.

I put A LOT of thought upfront into the build to make sure attachments could be placed in optimal positions all the while maintaining a short OAL. My goal was to make something PDW sized with carbine capabilities for HD/VD. Naturally, blackout fills that gap perfectly.

I knew I'd be using the Omega 9k suppressor and the URX4 and went with a barrel length that allowed for a short recess, but not so short that I couldn't take advantage of mlok real estate.  I didn't want/need a folding stock to overcomplicate things and ended up with the LWRCi Ultra Compact Stock kit.

Went with the 8.3" BA Hason barrel paired with the 8.5" KAC URX4 handguard. I use the HSP inline MLOK mount (or thorntail, I can't keep up with all the nomenclature) for the Scout light. The mount attaches pretty far back but still pushes the light forward where it needs to be. I also use a midwest industries QD Sling Adapter MLOK for the same reason. It mounts behind where the suppressor recedes within the rail, but places the swivel at the front of the handguard. The front screw on the magpul foregrip is not as tight as it could be (it's still tight enough) because it would touch the gas block. The back screw is locked down though. It doesn't move at all. I use a surefire pressure pad with a magpul mlok mount. it's mounted over the sling swivel on the handguard for natural manipulation and easy transition to laser activation.

KAC flip up sights. Various KAC lower parts as well as ALG Defense, Geissele, and Noveske. KAC skyscraper mount with the Aimpoint T2. KAC sandcutter chrome bolt. I think that covers all the important stuff.

Link Posted: 2/8/2024 8:28:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Latest configuration on this thing. 7.5” Faxon Gunner barrel, full length Dead Air Wolfman mounted with a Jmac brake and stuck a flash hider endcap on it.

I own. 70% of the Aimpont P-2s in Texas . I like buying them instead of T-2s now cause if I ever use it for something else it’s super versatile, offset or piggy back mounts or on a pistol etc
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 9:32:25 PM EDT
[#23]
This is replacing my 10.5" 5.56 HD gun.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 12:55:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GGGBeo50] [#24]
Another poor mans badger but running Q front end with Ecco Machine plan B conversion on an AAC 762sdn6. This setup has proven ultimate reliability with 190 subx and 188g machined expanders from discreet ballistics. Hogs, coyotes, rabbit, fox and 2 deer.

Link Posted: 2/13/2024 7:19:59 AM EDT
[#25]

I put A LOT of thought upfront into the build to make sure attachments could be placed in optimal positions all the while maintaining a short OAL. My goal was to make something PDW sized with carbine capabilities for HD/VD. Naturally, blackout fills that gap perfectly.

I knew I'd be using the Omega 9k suppressor and the URX4 and went with a barrel length that allowed for a short recess, but not so short that I couldn't take advantage of mlok real estate.  I didn't want/need a folding stock to overcomplicate things and ended up with the LWRCi Ultra Compact Stock kit.

Went with the 8.3" BA Hason barrel paired with the 8.5" KAC URX4 handguard. I use the HSP inline MLOK mount (or thorntail, I can't keep up with all the nomenclature) for the Scout light. The mount attaches pretty far back but still pushes the light forward where it needs to be. I also use a midwest industries QD Sling Adapter MLOK for the same reason. It mounts behind where the suppressor recedes within the rail, but places the swivel at the front of the handguard. The front screw on the magpul foregrip is not as tight as it could be (it's still tight enough) because it would touch the gas block. The back screw is locked down though. It doesn't move at all. I use a surefire pressure pad with a magpul mlok mount. it's mounted over the sling swivel on the handguard for natural manipulation and easy transition to laser activation.

KAC flip up sights. Various KAC lower parts as well as ALG Defense, Geissele, and Noveske. KAC skyscraper mount with the Aimpoint T2. KAC sandcutter chrome bolt. I think that covers all the important stuff.

View Quote
Thanks!!  I think I am set on a 7.5" barrel (faxon) with a 7" MI rail for a PDW-like setup.  It looks like all the MLOK screws will have to be ground down (light mount, etc) due to proximity to the gas block.  should be a fun one.  thanks!
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 5:16:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Thanks!!  I think I am set on a 7.5" barrel (faxon) with a 7" MI rail for a PDW-like setup.  It looks like all the MLOK screws will have to be ground down (light mount, etc) due to proximity to the gas block.  should be a fun one.  thanks!
View All Quotes

No problem. I look forward to seeing your finished product in here!
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 6:58:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Spike’s 8.3” CHF barrel

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 7:20:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Used to be mostly Noveske stuff, built around the time of the “Johnny rifle.” All that remains is the 8.2” bbl and lower.  Replaced with a bunch of G stuff. Call it my Peanut Butter Falcon.

Link Posted: 2/16/2024 4:50:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Eyekahn] [#29]
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 9:13:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LopeyZ] [#30]

Link Posted: 2/19/2024 10:56:39 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/20/2024 9:40:59 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm embarrassed the weather stopped me until yesterday from shooting this thing, but it's been a pretty nasty winter
I shot 100 supers and 100 subs, all suppressed, and was pretty pleased with the results.

I zeroed the FSP @50 yards with supers and it took about 2 turns down on the front sight.
After that I shot some subs, and they were dead-nuts with the rear sight dialed to 500 yards.

I was shooting soda-cans offhand @50 and 100 yards going back and forth with supers/subs, and my 10-year old was able to nail a few as well off the bags.

View All Quotes
Here's my 300 blk Kitty Kat
Or is it my A2 Honey Badger ?

I'm embarrassed the weather stopped me until yesterday from shooting this thing, but it's been a pretty nasty winter

@Goody454 looks good! What barrel is that?

Link Posted: 2/20/2024 11:47:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By tortilla-flats:

@Goody454 looks good! What barrel is that?

View Quote

I’m not sure, it’s a 7.5” barrel I bought on the EE for next to nothing.
The seller didn’t know the manufacturer but I’m guessing PSA.

I sent it to ADCO to have the FSB installed.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 12:48:57 PM EDT
[#34]

I have some small FCD parts coming for this rifle:

ASF-50Q
ACF
ESFH
CNF
Also have a PMM bolt release paddle on the way.

I will update when installed. I don't know that I would change anything after that. Maybe a 100concepts t2 hex cap and a light cap..?

Over the many years that I've had this PDW build, I've only tweaked small things. It's become my go to for vehicle, HD, in-state travel, and bedside duty. I typically go for a longer 5.56 for hunting and the like, but this little blackout is my favorite to carry. Just wish it wasn't so expensive to shoot!
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 9:18:10 AM EDT
[#35]
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53634076850_4d7631c313_c.jpg
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53633632946_7399fddb94_c.jpg
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53633837728_f36da0b728_c.jpg

ASF-50Q
ACF
ESFH
CNF

I will update when installed. I don't know that I would change anything after that. Maybe a 100concepts t2 hex cap and a light cap..?

Over the many years that I've had this PDW build, I've only tweaked small things. It's become my go to for vehicle, HD, in-state travel, and bedside duty. I typically go for a longer 5.56 for hunting and the like, but this little blackout is my favorite to carry. Just wish it wasn't so expensive to shoot!
View Quote

Totally digging the paint job!
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 4:51:26 AM EDT
[#36]
the 300blk pic thread is one of my favorite pic threads

Link Posted: 4/7/2024 6:57:43 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By 1iviper:
the 300blk pic thread is one of my favorite pic threads

https://i.postimg.cc/26MD0mMj/20190816_164756.jpg
View Quote

Tucked URX4 build are the best 300's
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 3:32:33 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/7/2024 7:42:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 10:15:13 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

I must agree
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 10:32:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Received the FCD 50 degree Q safety

Not gonna lie, it's pretty rad. I couldn't afford to put one in all my builds, but it's definitely worth it for this one as it's my main squeeze.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 1:59:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By thebomber:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By thebomber:
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53634076850_4d7631c313_c.jpg
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53633632946_7399fddb94_c.jpg
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53633837728_f36da0b728_c.jpg

ASF-50Q
ACF
ESFH
CNF

Thanks man! I have a tutorial on my Instagram highlights.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 12:11:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Got the rest of the parts in yesterday evening. Lots of FCD upgrades over the standard parts I was using. The charging handle is a work of art. Need to stake the castle nut and mark the screws for back outs, but there's not much more I can do to this thing.

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 6:27:25 PM EDT
[#44]

Very nice.

Can you describe your optic mount/laser set-up?
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:23:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Got the rest of the parts in yesterday evening. Lots of FCD upgrades over the standard parts I was using. The charging handle is a work of art. Need to stake the castle nut and mark the screws for back outs, but there's not much more I can do to this thing.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53646691796_c76beffe45_c.jpg
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53646691791_b4b06a3e56_c.jpg
View Quote

Looks slick.  Love the 9k with that handguard, very clean.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 7:49:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By kc3:

Very nice.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kc3:

Very nice.

Thanks, man. It's the SC Irregulars OMM mount with a DBAL up front on their mid-sized board.

Moving the weight of the laser back made a tremendous difference in how handy the whole setup feels and opens up the relatively short handguard for more comfortable hand placement.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 7:01:16 AM EDT
[#47]

M4 Commando 6933
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 8:50:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By dtux:

Thanks, man. It's the SC Irregulars OMM mount with a DBAL up front on their mid-sized board.

Moving the weight of the laser back made a tremendous difference in how handy the whole setup feels and opens up the relatively short handguard for more comfortable hand placement.
View Quote

I’ll second this, it made a huge difference for me

Attachment Attached File
Page / 51
Next Page Arrow Left
300 Blackout Picture thread (Page 51 of 51)
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top