Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
300 Blackout Picture thread (Page 46 of 52)
Page / 52
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 10:01:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 10:43:24 PM EDT
[#2]
thought yall might list this old article cover page....

Link Posted: 5/12/2021 9:48:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Everybody out there building DEVGRU 300's and I'm over here with my OG MPW like

Link Posted: 5/12/2021 10:47:50 AM EDT
[#4]
My first time deer hunting.  One shot, one miss.  

Given the distances involved, the Blackout was a poor choice.  I've heard that folks' hearts are racing when taking a shot on game, but mine wasn't.  I was calm and collected.  I was very confident in my point of aim, but I did not have a range finder and apparently misjudged the distance.  The miss was all my fault.  

Noveske 10.5" bbl shortened to 9".  Older YHM QD Ti Phantom can.  Vortex PST 1-4 on a NF one-piece mount.  Don't recall the upper or lower receiver manufacturers.  Hornady 110 grain handloads.  

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/14/2021 1:59:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GGGBeo50:
thought yall might list this old article cover page....

https://i.imgur.com/aVlHNRI.jpg
View Quote

@GGGBeo50

Can't say I've seen that article befo...wait a minute

Link Posted: 5/14/2021 5:42:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Eyekahn:

https://i.imgur.com/kaXBBjq.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/14/2021 10:35:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Bringo:

@GGGBeo50

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51072797913_c90c46c645_z.jpg
View Quote

King of the 300's. So ahead of his time. The new DEV rifle is basically that rifle.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 11:53:12 AM EDT
[#8]

King of the 300's. So ahead of his time. The new DEV rifle is basically that rifle.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

@GGGBeo50

Agreed. I take zero credit for the build when people pay compliments. All I did was find the parts over the years for John's design. Dude was a stud that left us too soon.

I bought that Recoil issue the month it came out. I was a poor newly wed grad student, but I saw that rifle on the cover of the magazine and bought it and promised to build a clone one day. I had the 10.2" barrel and a bcg before I finished my masters. First job out of grad school paid for the receivers, NSR and the cerakote (2013). SDN-6 came the next year (2014). I bought the magpul furniture in FG in 2019 as it was announced that color was to be discontinued. Honestly I didn't have the S&B or the mount until last year. The trigger came late last year. It's been a 7 year journey.

It doesn't surprise me that the DEV rifle is pretty much the same. The Johnny's only limitations are the scope and silencer. There are short/lighter scopes with more mag and there are shorter/lighter silencers with better attachment systems. I'm sure the DEV rifle addresses these issues. That said, I wouldn't change a thing on the clone. If something crazy happened and I had to liquidate all assets to pay for crazy medical bills or similar, the Johnny would be the one rifle I keep...and maybe a 5.56 because I can't afford to shoot blackout all the time Can I say that in a blackout thread?
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 3:09:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Agreed. I take zero credit for the build when people pay compliments. All I did was find the parts over the years for John's design. Dude was a stud that left us too soon.

I bought that Recoil issue the month it came out. I was a poor newly wed grad student, but I saw that rifle on the cover of the magazine and bought it and promised to build a clone one day. I had the 10.2" barrel and a bcg before I finished my masters. First job out of grad school paid for the receivers, NSR and the cerakote (2013). SDN-6 came the next year (2014). I bought the magpul furniture in FG in 2019 as it was announced that color was to be discontinued. Honestly I didn't have the S&B or the mount until last year. The trigger came late last year. It's been a 7 year journey.

It doesn't surprise me that the DEV rifle is pretty much the same. The Johnny's only limitations are the scope and silencer. There are short/lighter scopes with more mag and there are shorter/lighter silencers with better attachment systems. I'm sure the DEV rifle addresses these issues. That said, I wouldn't change a thing on the clone. If something crazy happened and I had to liquidate all assets to pay for crazy medical bills or similar, the Johnny would be the one rifle I keep...and maybe a 5.56 because I can't afford to shoot blackout all the time Can I say that in a blackout thread?
View Quote

I have the same build but all black. Once the twist rates starting changing up I let the 2012-ish upper go for an infidel 5.56 upper that I still have today and use for tacticalgames. I shot the bolt action 300bo until I landed on the Q barrel. I dont shoot the 300 much unless its at night on the move. 5.56 is easier to train and travel with.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:12:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MDStroup] [#10]

View All Quotes

@GGGBeo50

Hell, his rifle got me into 300 blackout as well. I didn't know what it was, but i saw that issues of recoil just sitting there. Still have it somewhere. Have wanted to clone it for years. Had some parts, sold them to pay for bills. Will make something blackout eventually for my pistol lower as i still have my Seekins BAR rails and my Resonator just sitting there.

I am out of the loop, what is the DEV rifle?
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 1:42:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By MDStroup:

Hell, his rifle got me into 300 blackout as well. I didn't know what it was, but i saw that issues of recoil just sitting there. Still have it somewhere. Have wanted to clone it for years. Had some parts, sold them to pay for bills. Will make something blackout eventually for my pistol lower as i still have my Seekins BAR rails and my Resonator just sitting there.

I am out of the loop, what is the DEV rifle?
View Quote

JSOC/DEVGRU guys are running a .300 BLK Noveske rifle currently from their old HK 416s.  

There is a big clone thread around here somewhere.  

JSOC Clone Thread
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 12:09:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 12:50:31 AM EDT
[#13]

@themagikbullet

What stock is that?
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 11:19:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By lsujim:

@themagikbullet

What stock is that?
View All Quotes

@themagikbullet

What stock is that?

Attachment Attached File

It's a Deadfoot Arms Scw 2.5
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 11:57:17 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote
what muzzle device is that? doesn't look like a cherry bomb...
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 12:24:10 AM EDT
[#16]
The fh taper mount is from liberty precision machine.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 4:51:02 PM EDT
[#17]

Just traded into this. Not sure if I like the paint job or not. Seems like it might be cerakote.

9" BA barrel
Griffin Armament taper mount fh
unsure of upper and rail
Superlative Arms piston kit
Vortex Sparc
MBUSs
SBA3

Link Posted: 6/8/2021 7:34:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By RParker762:
https://i.imgur.com/FkvL4Es.jpg

Just traded into this. Not sure if I like the paint job or not. Seems like it might be cerakote.

9" BA barrel
unsure of upper and rail
Vortex Sparc
MBUSs
SBA3

View Quote

As long as it shoots true, who gives a fuck what it looks like.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 8:00:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By RParker762:
https://i.imgur.com/FkvL4Es.jpg

9" BA barrel
unsure of upper and rail
Vortex Sparc
MBUSs
SBA3

View Quote

This is what krylon is for...
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 5:11:16 AM EDT
[#20]

https://i.imgur.com/kaXBBjq.jpg
View Quote

That’s sexy!

Here’s my OG 12.5” AAC
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 12:20:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By DV8EDD:

@Paladin556 not QRF but my keymod is a good shooter. the QRF rails look pretty legit, IMO you can buy with confidence. Full disclosure I have several BCM guns so I’m admittedly partial to them.

https://i.imgur.com/Rd2O8vX.jpg
View Quote

@DV8EDD whats your folded length without the suppressor? Im looking at the same 9" BCM upper but won't be running it suppressed due to IL sucking dick.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 8:11:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Sogan:

@DV8EDD whats your folded length without the suppressor? I'm looking at the same 9" BCM upper but won't be running it suppressed due to IL sucking dick.
View All Quotes

@Paladin556 not QRF but my keymod is a good shooter. the QRF rails look pretty legit, IMO you can buy with confidence. Full disclosure I have several BCM guns so I’m admittedly partial to them.

https://i.imgur.com/Rd2O8vX.jpg

@DV8EDD whats your folded length without the suppressor? I'm looking at the same 9" BCM upper but won't be running it suppressed due to IL sucking dick.

18"

I feel your pain, I used to live behind enemy lines.  Silencers were the first thing I bought when I got out.  Frankly, not sure I'd be in the 300blk game if not for silencers but the round does have it's place so to each their own.

It's a handy little package.  This is how it would fit under the backseat of a RAM 1500 and in a Vertx Gamut.  despite the pic, bag closes though it's a tight fit.

Link Posted: 7/1/2021 9:58:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 3:03:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Sold the Tavor out of frustration with IWI's refusal to release an SBR conversion kit, so I replaced it with a Stag-15. All it needs now is an OSS 762 Ti muffler and it'll be 95% done. I also changed my mind about the legal hassles of SBRs, but I'll begrudgingly SBRize the Stag if AFT's bullshit rule comes to fruition. For now, this rubbery velcro nonsense will suffice.

And no the triple mag isn't for real, it's just for kicks & giggles. My plan is to attach a couple more mags for the next range session and see how many stink-eyes I can get.

Link Posted: 7/3/2021 3:18:19 PM EDT
[#25]

@themagikbullet

With only one rail, is there a lot of flex when the brace  extended?
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 9:32:13 AM EDT
[#26]

18"

I feel your pain, I used to live behind enemy lines.  Silencers were the first thing I bought when I got out.  Frankly, not sure I'd be in the 300blk game if not for silencers but the round does have it's place so to each their own.

It's a handy little package.  This is how it would fit under the backseat of a RAM 1500 and in a Vertx Gamut.  despite the pic, bag closes though it's a tight fit.

https://i.imgur.com/6BPH2Dxh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/D3nIZYEh.jpg

View Quote

Appreciate it. I think it still has a place as it’s a better round than a 9mm or .223 in a short backpack gun configuration but I do agree that it’s leaps and bounds better suppressed
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 3:53:19 PM EDT
[#27]

Appreciate it. I think it still has a place as it’s a better round than a 9mm or .223 in a short backpack gun configuration but I do agree that it’s leaps and bounds better suppressed
View All Quotes

18"

https://i.imgur.com/6BPH2Dxh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/D3nIZYEh.jpg

the upper is really nice and has been accurate in the limited distances I've been using it at.  My three main guns are all BCM at this point so take my opinion with a grain of salt.
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 9:13:03 PM EDT
[#28]

@themagikbullet

With only one rail, is there a lot of flex when the brace  extended?
View Quote

The arm is very sturdy, not much flex to speak of at all.
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 6:04:27 PM EDT
[#29]
16" w/ Q Plan B & Cosmic

Link Posted: 7/7/2021 10:30:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By jasonusvi:
16" w/ Q Plan B & Cosmic
https://i.ibb.co/279jhK9/IMG-3516.jpg
View Quote

I don't thing my car is big enough for that thing
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 6:04:54 PM EDT
[#31]

I don't thing my car is big enough for that thing
View Quote

That's what she said.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 1:43:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Got this upper in a trade. Guy couldn’t get it to run but apparently didn’t know that when you build an upper with everything HAND TIGHT it just won’t run for long...

Properly assembled and she runs as smooth as baby shit now.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 6:03:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Attachment Attached File

10.3 Ballistic Advantage Hanson
MK16 9.3"
SiCo Omega w/ Ti Hansohn front cap and Rifles Only Cover on a Plan B(the RO cover is the tits BTW)
T2 on 1.93 G mount
G SSA-E
G Airborne CH
M600 Scout w/ Mod Lite button
MOE SL stock w/ H2 buffer

Rainbow colored because of Covid parts availability!
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 5:48:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By acjones1200:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/364613/IMG_20210711_164834803_jpg-2010329.JPG

10.3 Ballistic Advantage Hanson
MK16 9.3"
SiCo Omega w/ Ti Hansohn front cap and Rifles Only Cover on a Plan B(the RO cover is the tits BTW)
T2 on 1.93 G mount
G SSA-E
G Airborne CH
M600 Scout w/ Mod Lite button
MOE SL stock w/ H2 buffer

Rainbow colored because of Covid parts availability!
View Quote

Very similar set up
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 12:52:55 PM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 8/27/2021 8:08:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

11.3” WC 300blk barrel/WC bcg/zev upper/KAC 10.75” urx4 and other KAC bits.

Taking it out in the AM to do a shake down and zero.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 8:21:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By 5L33P3R:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/478727/8F7154C7-FC3C-4AFB-BF6D-BEC8464C6C25_jpe-2068648.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/478727/19FF3F78-1CB5-4DB5-B30D-E6AC35550FAD_jpe-2068650.JPG

11.3” WC 300blk barrel/WC bcg/zev upper/KAC 10.75” urx4 and other KAC bits.

Taking it out in the AM to do a shake down and zero.
View Quote

Hands down the most accurate 300 barrel!
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 8:37:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Attachment Attached File

Was hoping to use the 10.75” urx2 instead, but the 11.3” hides just enough of the taper mount that with the urx2 it was fouling the suppressor
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 12:44:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: smokedoff] [#39]
Attachment Attached File

Just finishing this up
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 9:56:47 AM EDT
[#40]
Some really cool rigs in here, good lookin setups guys!

Link Posted: 9/15/2021 10:00:06 AM EDT
[#41]
New Primary Arms 1x prism is right at home on the GB.  Swapping the Cherry Bomb for a Rugged M2 today, just waiting on that Radiant 762 can.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 4:50:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jlgil73] [#42]
Originally Posted By whiplash10:
New Primary Arms 1x prism is right at home on the GB.  Swapping the Cherry Bomb for a Rugged M2 today, just waiting on that Radiant 762 can.
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51476862129_a2c0f34340_b.jpg
View Quote

Nice stick, How do you like the PA1x?  I am really thinking of grabbing one.  

Been a while since I posted this one in this thread...  

Link Posted: 9/15/2021 6:26:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Jlgil73:

Nice stick, How do you like the PA1x?  I am really thinking of grabbing one.  

Been a while since I posted this one in this thread...  

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51437201203_f1930778a2_k.jpg
View Quote

You too!

Love it, FOV is great and the larger reticle is really an improvement.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 10:13:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lilMAC25] [#44]
After a few years of searching, I FINALLY got my hands on an OG 9” AAC branded 300 BLK upper for only $700 to go with my 12.5” AAC upper!

It’s not a good picture and I had to remove the ASR mount and replace it with a mount for a can I own. I added a PERST4 and I have a DeltaPointPro NV (it’s mocked here with an Aimpoint CompM5) and mount enroute. Now I’ll need a riser and some IR illum (probably an M300V). At that point, it’ll be ready to take out hog hunting (if I can ever find the time).

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 7:30:12 PM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

@Deussne

That’s perfect, IMHO.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 7:37:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By ProfessorHorseyhead:
A different kind of .300 blackout photo.  

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48658554286_032cfa54ec_b.jpg
20190901_075534 by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr
View Quote

Can I play?
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 7:39:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Back on that 11.3/RAS.

Link Posted: 9/19/2021 7:56:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By lilMAC25:

Can I play?
https://i.imgur.com/y5RWqiN.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lilMAC25:
Originally Posted By ProfessorHorseyhead:
A different kind of .300 blackout photo.  

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48658554286_032cfa54ec_b.jpg
20190901_075534 by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr

Can I play?
https://i.imgur.com/y5RWqiN.jpg

Link Posted: 9/20/2021 8:45:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Ok, my turn….

Link Posted: 9/26/2021 4:34:07 PM EDT
[#50]
PSA with AA piston conversion:

Page / 52
300 Blackout Picture thread (Page 46 of 52)
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top