Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2011 9:18:32 PM EDT
Has anyone seen a stripper clip guide/spoon/mag loader for .308 mags?  With the popularity of the AR guns in this caliber, I'm surprised nobody has started making this simple part.  I know there is a split in magazine styles, but most gunmakers (DPMS, Panther Arms LR-308, Knights SR25, POF .308, LWRCI, Larue, GAP, etc) seem be picking the SR25 style of mags with only Armalite and Noveske using another style (that I know of).  The only style of .308 spoon I've seen are the ones for M14 mags, and those are getting hard to find as the old USGI stockpiles dwindle.

It doesn't make much sense to put back ammo for my OBR in stripper clips if there's no way to easily load mags from the clips.  I know some guys store ammo in loaded mags but that really drives up the cost compared to stripper clips.
Link Posted: 9/17/2011 11:41:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I appreciate the work to track these down, but these all appear to be M14/M1A spoons.  These won't fit on a mag for most AR guns in 7.62.  I've tried, at least on the PMags and LaRue mags for my OBR.  I'm assuming the same is true for any of the new guns.
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 7:31:24 AM EDT
[#3]
The GI spoons only work on GI style mags, M14, ArmaLite, Noveske.  I have never seen a spoon for the sr25 or fal style mags.
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 7:58:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The GI spoons only work on GI style mags, M14, ArmaLite, Noveske.  I have never seen a spoon for the sr25 or fal style mags.

All the NATO countries that used the FAL used the 5-round clips in a stripper clip guide. It was metal, held back end of the stripper clip and the front guide held the points of the rounds straight.  Could be used without the guide, IIRC.  Someone makes a similar guide for use on M-14 style mags.  DSA sells them both.

There is also a device that will even take the 10 round stripper clips.  I think it is called a "Zip-Strip" IIRC. Also on sale from DSA.

Also, try SARCO.   The prices for the stripper clips and spoons on E-bay are outrageous.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top