Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/10/2011 11:34:33 AM EDT
This is the complete CMMG rifle with the WASP coating that is available for $1399 from CDNN Investments. The rifle is tested as it came from CDNN except for a Leupold VX-III 3.5-10 x 50 mm scope. The rifles 13.3 pound weight with the scope really tamed recoil, but the blast from the 18 inch barrel was substantial.

Federal 168 grain GMM               3 groups of 3 averaged .87 inches at 100 yards
Federal 168 Sierra Game King            "                              1.23
Federal 180 FUSION                           "                              1.68
Georgia Arms 147 gr ball                                                     2.74
Barnes 168 gr Vor-tx TTSX                                                 .41
Remington 150 grain core lokt                                             3.22

Link Posted: 9/10/2011 1:24:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one in dark earth and get ..75 to 85 moa at 100 with Fed Gold 168 smk and 2 to 2.5 with Surplus Port,Dag,Hirt,Aussi and santa barbra ammo . All this surplus is at least 30 years old . The rifle functioned flawlessly right out of the box. The fit and finish is flawless,although the PTR stock is a slightly darker shade then the rest of the rifle . Over all I think this is a great rifle at a great price .If the trigger was lighter it would be even better ,it is a litle heavy for me. A 2 or 3 # trigger would do wonders for this rifle
Link Posted: 9/10/2011 4:47:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Does CMMG make the upper also? There is no mention in their website
Link Posted: 9/10/2011 10:49:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Not at this time.
Link Posted: 9/12/2011 9:22:48 AM EDT
[#4]
FYI the upper and lower are billet ,and look outstanding . These rifles are the best value in a .308 AR style rifle ,and untill you shoot one you will never know just how good they are .with a lighter trigger they would be PERFECT.
Link Posted: 9/12/2011 10:04:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Does CMMG make the upper also? There is no mention in their website

CMMG told me they now make everything in house for the rifle. They said the initial batch shipped with DPMS BCG's but now they're all CMMG.
Link Posted: 9/12/2011 10:07:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Good to hear these are shooting good though. I debated getting one but decided to go with the LMT and ordered one last night, I like the Mike Rock barrel that they use and it's a whole lot lighter. I'll see how these do over time though and maybe pick one up too.
Link Posted: 9/12/2011 5:21:30 PM EDT
[#7]
You can't go wrong with the LMT MWS or the Larue OBR ,both very fine rifles .
Link Posted: 9/12/2011 8:13:20 PM EDT
[#8]
I believe JD Machine is making the upper receiver.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top