User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 26
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 12:48:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ronnl001:

Do you know where they will be available? I'm in to buy a few lbs to play with.

Eta: I am assuming still wood might be a source but they show none in stock or eta I saw.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ronnl001:
Originally Posted By Dr69er:
Here is the latest catalog (PDF) for the new Czech powders being Imported stateside...They seem to be pretty good powders for
Increased velocities for most pistol, rifle, and shotgun loads...

http://www.stillwoodammo.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/LOAD-DATA-2014.pdf

For our uses (rifle) looks like: D063-01, D073-01, D073-04, D073-05 powders have the most merit...

D063-01/02 is great for you big .300 Blackout fans for use with subsonic loads BTW...

Thanks.

Do you know where they will be available? I'm in to buy a few lbs to play with.

Eta: I am assuming still wood might be a source but they show none in stock or eta I saw.

Checkout these websites for availability:

http://shootersworldsc.com/propellants/

http://www.blacksmitharmory.net/shop/ammunition-components/powder/lovex-d063-02/

We are also working with a 06 FFL dealer as a supplier of these powders...
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 4:57:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Vic, what is the longest that I can safely load a 123 SST round, I know my PRI mags will let me load as long as 2.310, but is that length safe, I do not want the bullet right up against the rifling. I know when I ordered the barrel from you I requested it the chamber to be reamed for 2.30 loading, but was thinking if I could go just a bit longer I could squeeze a litte more veloctiy out of the 123g SST.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 5:56:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By spinlite1:
Vic, what is the longest that I can safely load a 123 SST round, I know my PRI mags will let me load as long as 2.310, but is that length safe, I do not want the bullet right up against the rifling. I know when I ordered the barrel from you I requested it the chamber to be reamed for 2.30 loading, but was thinking if I could go just a bit longer I could squeeze a litte more veloctiy out of the 123g SST.
View Quote

You should be able to safely go to 2.305" COL, as long as the bullet just not jam against the rifling and the bolt
closes on the round without undue amount of force (feeding by hand) you should be fine...

Just do a kind of "trial and error" to see where you will find your maximum COL for your specific load(s).

BiggDawg did a nice chart with specific length to rifling and so on...You may want to check it out to get a Idea
his barrel/chamber is also cut to 2.300" COL...

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 6:20:19 PM EDT
[#4]
We just loaded some 95gr. Lehigh CC projo's ahead of 25.9 grs./26.0 grs. of H335 for a estimated velocity of 2,675 fps. out of a 20" tube, for a starting
load (Lake City 10 Brass).

The estimated chamber pressure of 52K PSI, using the following parameters: measured case capacity of 31.5 grs. of H335 powder with a COL of 2.295"
(using a low cost AR Stoner 6.8 SPC mag. with a .223 follower).

Loads will likely max out (according to the computer) at round 27.4 grs for around 2,810 fps or so...not to shabby...

Now, finding time to go to the range... is another story.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 7:53:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spinlite1] [#5]

You should be able to safely go to 2.305" COL, as long as the bullet just not jam against the rifling and the bolt
closes on the round without undue amount of force (feeding by hand) you should be fine...

Just do a kind of "trial and error" to see where you will find your maximum COL for your specific load(s).

BiggDawg did a nice chart with specific length to rifling and so on...You may want to check it out to get a Idea

Thanks.
View All Quotes

Thanks.

Max  oal to landsMax  LTO to landsLoad to OAL
2.266                             1.835                            2.236
2.265                             1.835                            2.235
2.449                             1.83                            2.295
2.351                             1.835                            2.295
2.443                             1.848                            2.295

2.384                             1.8505                            2.295
2.395                             1.854                            2.295
2.377                             1.8395                            2.295

2.326                             1.798                            2.295
2.34                             1.816                            2.295
2.337                             1.8045                            2.295
2.347                             1.814                            2.295
2.417                             1.828                            2.295
2.34                             1.8175                            2.295
2.3875                             1.8495                            2.295

2.365                             1.8895                            2.295
2.4195                             1.8625                            2.295
2.434                             1.855                            2.295
2.355                             1.8385                            2.295
2.362                             1.857                            2.295

Here are 3 of the rows I pulled off of tBig Dawg's chart, I am not sure I understand how to interpret the data, , the first one listed is the 85 grain varminter, it shows that its max OAL to lands it 2.266 but the load to is 2.236, that does not make sense to me.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 9:33:20 PM EDT
[#6]
If you are measuring to the lands, you have to measure to the ogive of the bullet, not the tip.  Maybe that is where the confusion lies. So it looks like he is backing off the lands 0.030 " .

Copy and paste from accuratshooter......

While the term “ogive” is often used to describe the particular point on the bullet where the curve reaches full bullet diameter, in fact the “ogive” properly refers to the entire curve of the bullet from the tip to the full-diameter straight section — the shank. Understanding then, that the ogive is a curve.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 10:54:47 PM EDT
[#7]
in my chart max oal is just that it is oal when hitting the lands i also have LTO which is length to ogive. I load that particular bullet .030 off the lands

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 11:40:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By BIGGDAWG:
in my chart max oal is just that it is oal when hitting the lands i also have LTO which is length to ogive. I load that particular bullet .030 off the lands

<a href="http://s4.photobucket.com/user/BIGGDAWG800/media/65pccbulletdata.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/BIGGDAWG800/65pccbulletdata.jpg</a>
View Quote

One other note, the Hornady 123gr. A-Max and the Hornady 123gr. SST are nearly exactly the same length.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 4:51:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BIGGDAWG] [#9]
FYI  I am going to be putting my 22" 6.5 pcc barrel and all reloading supplies up for sale in the equipment exchange tomorrow.

developing my own wildcat so a few things must go unfortunately  will be trying to sell as a package if it don't then i will split it up. will include my custom trim die for the dillon rt1200 trimmer, lee factory crimp die, fresh brass, fire formed brass and some of my hunting loads.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_159/1353211_complete_6_5_pcc_kit__barrel__dies__brass__loaded_rounds_400_00_dillon_custom_trim_die_included.html
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 8:34:51 PM EDT
[#10]
With the .223/5.56 parent case needing to be trimmed when preparing brass for 6.5 PCC. Anyone have any experience using Little Crow Gunworks World's Finest Trimmer (WFT) to trim cases? Because I'm thinking this is the case trimmer I want to go with to prepare my 6.5 PCC brass. Since I'm in the process of acquiring reloading equipment being new to reloading.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 3:35:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By AR-4C:
With the .223/5.56 parent case needing to be trimmed when preparing brass for 6.5 PCC. Anyone have any experience using Little Crow Gunworks World's Finest Trimmer (WFT) to trim cases? Because I'm thinking this is the case trimmer I want to go with to prepare my 6.5 PCC brass. Since I'm in the process of acquiring reloading equipment being new to reloading.
View Quote

While I don't have one (yet at least) it seems quite effective and well made and it seems to have really good reviews...
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 7:26:34 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

I have one for .223/5.56 trimming and its great, If we can get a group buy together, i'd be down with a 6.5pcc trimmer.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 7:31:12 PM EDT
[#13]

While I don't have one (yet at least) it seems quite effective and well made and it seems to have really good reviews...
View All Quotes

I was browsing around the Reloading Forum, and found a link for the Giraud Tri Way Trimmer, and ended up ordering one this afternoon. Even though it is $20.05 more than the Little Crow Gunworks WFT,  I still decided on the Tri Way Trimmer instead because it trims, chamfers, and deburrs in one step. Also it has a plastic guard to contain the brass shavings, instead of just throwing them.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 8:12:45 PM EDT
[#14]

I was browsing around the Reloading Forum, and found a link for the Giraud Tri Way Trimmer, and ended up ordering one this afternoon. Even though it is $20.05 more than the Little Crow Gunworks WFT,  I still decided on the Tri Way Trimmer instead because it trims, chamfers, and deburrs in one step. Also it has a plastic guard to contain the brass shavings, instead of just throwing them.
View All Quotes

Seems even better with a similar design to the LCGW, excellent choice BTW...let us know how it works for you.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 8:52:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Ronnl001,

Email was sent...we got that barrel in and test fired...

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 7:06:03 PM EDT
[#16]
What would a cartridge overall length of 2.330" — 2.333" that can be loaded from a magazine gain you when using either SMK HPBT in 107 gr., 120 gr., or 123 gr.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 7:32:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dr69er] [#17]
What would a cartridge overall length of 2.330" — 2.333" that can be loaded from a magazine gain you when using either SMK HPBT in 107 gr., 120 gr., or 123 gr.
View Quote

Approx. 75 fps. to 110 fps. depending on load/powder/bbl. length being used...
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:55:43 PM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes

Interesting. Remember when I mentioned modifiying an aluminum magazine using my TIG welder? Using a digital caliper, I measured the magazine well of the Aero Precision Lower Receiver I'm using for my 6.5PCC build; its length measured 2.395".

Using the photo below for a reference, I measured from the edge of the case's rim to the outside edge of the magazine (on left-side of picture), and rechecking the measurement several times it measured out to be from 2.335"—2.340". The 0.005" thousandths difference was due to the front-side of the magazine where the spot welds are is not perfectly square; it's close to being though. And, the metal thickness of each half of the magazine is 0.028".

So if I cut the front-edge of the magazine off in order to increase the magazine length; then when re-welding the front edge, use a piece of aluminum sheet that is 0.023" (23 gauge) of an inch thick. By the math, a COAL of 2.330" — 2.333" seems doable.

The math is adding up, but I won't know until I modify a magazine. Which might be two more months before I am able to do so. Since I'm currently recovering from having shattered my left knee a month ago, and by doctor's orders I can't bear weight on my left leg until I get an o.k. to do so. Until then, I'm on the hunt for some 23 gauge aluminum sheet.

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 1:12:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dr69er] [#19]

Interesting. Remember when I mentioned modifiying an aluminum magazine using my TIG welder? Using a digital caliper, I measured the magazine well of the Aero Precision Lower Receiver I'm using for my 6.5PCC build; its length measured 2.395".

Using the photo below for a reference, I measured from the edge of the case's rim to the outside edge of the magazine (on left-side of picture), and rechecking the measurement several times it measured out to be from 2.335"—2.340". The 0.005" thousandths difference was due to the front-side of the magazine where the spot welds are is not perfectly square; it's close to being though. And, the metal thickness of each half of the magazine is 0.028".

So if I cut the front-edge of the magazine off in order to increase the magazine length; then when re-welding the front edge, use a piece of aluminum sheet that is 0.023" (23 gauge) of an inch thick. By the math, a COAL of 2.330" — 2.333" seems doable.

The math is adding up, but I won't know until I modify a magazine. Which might be two more months before I am able to do so. Since I'm currently recovering from having shattered my left knee a month ago, and by doctor's orders I can't bear weight on my left leg until I get an o.k. to do so. Until then, I'm on the hunt for some 23 gauge aluminum sheet.

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a601/AVIDavid1982/Mobile%20Uploads/photo_zps1a6760ce.jpg
View All Quotes

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a601/AVIDavid1982/Mobile%20Uploads/photo_zps1a6760ce.jpg

One of my good friends who is a competition shooter was using modded mags (center set) that gave him a 2.400" + COL and he was getting
just over 2,600 fps. with Hornady 123gr. A-Max with my old sister cartridge using a Pac-Nor Poly 4150 CM in a 6.5mm TCU chambered barrel
as I recall it...

Let us know how it works out for you, the longer the COL the better...
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:27:47 AM EDT
[#20]

<a href="http://s4.photobucket.com/user/BIGGDAWG800/media/65pccbulletdata.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/BIGGDAWG800/65pccbulletdata.jpg</a>
View Quote

Big Dawg, on your chart you show the Max Load to OAL for the 85g to be 2.236, but I thought you loaded this round to 2.285 OAL, what am I missing?
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 8:36:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dr69er] [#21]

Big Dawg, on your chart you show the Max Load to OAL for the 85g to be 2.236, but I thought you loaded this round to 2.285 OAL, what am I missing?
View All Quotes

There are a few reasons for this, One: is that the ogive/shape of the projectile is more blunt on the 85 grainers and it
will hit the lands sooner, and Two: the projectile is considerably shorter and thus it must loaded to a shorter COL so
there is enough projectile length to fill the case neck...
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 8:40:57 AM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes

no i load the 2.236 they wouldn't fit at 2.285.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 4:45:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dr69er] [#23]
Here are the field and load data sheets for the 6.5mm PCC from our excellent end users, thanks to all the have helped to put this together.
There are 25 pages plus the cartridge print...(the case trim length can go to 1.650" w/o any Issues).

As more field work is done, the load data will be expanded...

Thanks again.

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 4:59:43 PM EDT
[#24]
vic,

email me a copy and i will convert it to a pdf that guys can download with a hot link.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 5:04:09 PM EDT
[#25]
vic,

email me a copy and i will convert it to a pdf that guys can download with a hot link.
View Quote

It is in a .xls file (microsoft excel file), so if you can convert it to a pdf file your good...
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 7:35:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Vic,

May I have a copy of that .xls file too? If BIGGDAWG is not able to convert the file, using my scanning software I can print out the spreadsheet in order to rescan them in, in order to save them as a multiple page .pdf.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 7:42:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Got it converted will post up shortly
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 8:16:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Got it converted will post up shortly
View Quote

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 3:55:59 PM EDT
[#29]
here is a link to download the pcc data base pdf let me know if it works.

6.5 pcc pdf
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 4:17:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Works for me.

Thanks guys for putting that together.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 7:43:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dr69er] [#31]

View All Quotes

Here are the pics of the mag (pretty ugly but it works). The round on top is a 7.62X40mm and the rest are 6.5mm TCU...

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:34:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Vic,

May I have a copy of that .xls file too? If BIGGDAWG is not able to convert the file, using my scanning software I can print out the spreadsheet in order to rescan them in, in order to save them as a multiple page .pdf.
View Quote

No problem, original xls. file Incoming to your email tonight...
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:44:36 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes
Vic,

Files have been sent to your email...
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 3:52:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Here are some good deals on 6.5mm/.264" Cal. pills on sale...

http://www.bullets.com/search/?s=category%3abullets%2cgun_type%3aRifle&s=caliber:.264&o=1
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 3:44:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Looking over the field and reloading data, CCI No. 41 Primers are not listed. What is the verdict on using them with 6.5 PCC?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 4:47:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dr69er] [#36]
Looking over the field and reloading data, CCI No. 41 Primers are not listed. What is the verdict on using them with 6.5 PCC?
View Quote

They work fine with the 6.5mm PCC round...They are listed as their (CCI) Military Small Rifle Primer...and are geared
for use in Military Style Semi Auto's (they have a harder/thicker primer wall for reduced likelihood of A/D in full auto, etc.)
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:18:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AR-4C] [#37]
Originally Posted By Dr69er: They work fine with the 6.5mm PCC round...They are listed as their (CCI) Military Small Rifle Primer...and are geared
for use in Military Style Semi Auto's (they have a harder/thicker primer wall for reduced likelihood of A/D in full auto, etc.)
View Quote

I was aware of their purpose due to the free floated firing pin of the AR15. I wanted to check that they were good to go having a box of them because I wasn't sure how much variance different primers (brands) had in igniting powders. Also Vic, I sent an e-mail to you a few days ago.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:46:14 PM EDT
[#38]

I was aware of their purpose due to the free floated firing pin of the AR15. I wanted to check that they were good to go having a box of them because I wasn't sure how much variance different primers (brands) had in igniting powders. Also Vic, I sent an e-mail to you a few days ago.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dr69er: They work fine with the 6.5mm PCC round...They are listed as their (CCI) Military Small Rifle Primer...and are geared

Yes those primers function fine and are pretty consistant...I got that email and I am tracking that shipment...Once
everything comes in and is complete I will email you will the tracking Info.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:42:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bruizer] [#39]
Finally got in a range trip, numbers and group pictures below.
20" bbl, wolf SRM primers, WCC brass
95gr C/C:
- 3x @ 24.4gr X-Terminator (non F/F brass)
Avg velocity = 2491 fps

- 3x @ 24.7gr X-Terminator (non F/F brass)
Avg velocity = 2517 fps

- 3x @ 26.5gr H335 (non F/F brass)
Avg velocity = 2598 fps

- 3x @ 26.8gr H335 (non F/F brass)
Avg velocity = 2613 fps

Nosler 100gr Ballistic Tip:
- 3x @ 28gr H335 (F/F brass)
Avg velocity = 2661 fps

- 3x @ 28.3gr H335 (F/F brass)
Avg velocity = 2647 fps

Barnes 100gr TTSX:
-3x @ 24.5gr H335  (non F/F brass)
Avg velocity = 2374 fps

- 3x @ 24.8gr H335  (F/F brass)
Avg velocity = 2386 fps

- 3x @ 25.1gr H335 (F/F brass)
Avg velocity = 2433 fps

Planning on loading up a dozen of the Noslers @ 28gr H335 for hunting next month.

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 12:10:07 AM EDT
[#40]
Made another trip to the range, still pretty happy with the velocity I am getting with the H4198 powder, but also noticed a pretty incredible jump in velocity from loading longer with the higher powder loads, did see some slightly flattened primers, also had one primer pop out, and some ejector swipes, so I know I am pushing the pressure limits.

All Loads were H4198 with Rem BR primers, all were non fireformed brass except the 123g SST's.
123g SST/ 22.6g / OAL 2.309
Avg Vel - 2474 fps
Group 2.2"

123g SST / 22.8g / OAL 2.309
Avg Vel - 2481 fps
Group - 1.5"

123g SST / 23.0g /OAL 2.309
Avg Vel - 2462 fps
Group - .95"

123g SST / 23.2g / OAL 2.309
Avg Vel - 2493 fps
Group - 2.7" .75" without the flyer

123g SST / 23.4g / OAL 2.309
Avg Vel - 2555 fps
Group - 2.2"

90g TNT / 26.8g / OAL - 2.298
Avg Vel - 3098 fps
Group - 1.5"

90g TNT / 27.0g / OAL - 2.30"
Avg Vel - 3101 fps
Group - .9"

90g TNT / 27.2 / OAL - 2.30"
Avg Vel - 3091
Group - 1.15"

90g TNT / 27.4g / OAL - 2.302"
Avg Vel - 3138 fps
Group - 1.4"

95g Vmax / 26.0g / OAL - 2.305"
Avg Vel - 3012 fps
Group - 1.0"

95g Vmax / 26.2g / OAL - 2.305"
Avg Vel - 3027 fps
Group - .9"

95g Vmax / 26.4g / OAL - 2.305"
Avg Vel - 2981 fps
Group - 1.3" .125" without flyer

95g Vmax / 26.6g / OAL - 2.305"
Avg Vel - 3011 fps
Group - .45""

95g Vmax / 26.8g / OAL - 2.305"
Avg Vel - 3048 fps
Group - 1.2"

Temperature was 70 deg / 24" barrel

As you can see amazing velocities but less than steller accuracy with a few exceptions.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 12:11:04 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Bruizer:
Finally got in a range trip, numbers are listed below, pictures to come later.
20" bbl, wolf SRM primers, WCC brass
95gr C/C:
- 3x @ 24.4gr X-Terminator (non F/F brass)
Avg velocity = 2491 fps

- 3x @ 24.7gr X-Terminator (non F/F brass)
Avg velocity = 2517 fps

- 3x @ 26.5gr H335 (non F/F brass)
Avg velocity = 2598 fps

- 3x @ 26.8gr H335 (non F/F brass)
Avg velocity = 2613 fps

Nosler 100gr Ballistic Tip:
- 3x @ 28gr H335 (F/F brass)
Avg velocity = 2661 fps

- 3x @ 28.3gr H335 (F/F brass)
Avg velocity = 2647 fps

Barnes 100gr TTSX:
-3x @ 24.5gr H335  (non F/F brass)
Avg velocity = 2374 fps

- 3x @ 24.8gr H335  (F/F brass)
Avg velocity = 2386 fps

- 3x @ 25.1gr H335 (F/F brass)
Avg velocity = 2433 fps

Planning on loading up a dozen of the Noslers @ 28gr H335 for hunting next month.

View Quote

Nice work...Thanks for the updates.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 12:19:43 AM EDT
[#42]
Made another trip to the range, still pretty happy with the velocity I am getting with the H4198 powder, but also noticed a pretty incredible jump in velocity from loading longer with the higher powder loads, did see some slightly flattened primers, also had one primer pop out, and some ejector swipes, so I know I am pushing the pressure limits.

All Loads were H4198 with Rem BR primers, all were non fireformed brass except the 123g SST's.
123g SST/ 22.6g / OAL 2.309
Avg Vel - 2474 fps
Group 2.2"

123g SST / 22.8g / OAL 2.309
Avg Vel - 2481 fps
Group - 1.5"

123g SST / 23.0g /OAL 2.309
Avg Vel - 2462 fps
Group - .95"

123g SST / 23.2g / OAL 2.309
Avg Vel - 2493 fps
Group - 2.7" .75" without the flyer

123g SST / 23.4g / OAL 2.309
Avg Vel - 2555 fps
Group - 2.2"

90g TNT / 26.8g / OAL - 2.298
Avg Vel - 3098 fps
Group - 1.5"

90g TNT / 27.0g / OAL - 2.30"
Avg Vel - 3101 fps
Group - .9"

90g TNT / 27.2 / OAL - 2.30"
Avg Vel - 3091
Group - 1.15"

90g TNT / 27.4g / OAL - 2.302"
Avg Vel - 3138 fps
Group - 1.4"

95g Vmax / 26.0g / OAL - 2.305"
Avg Vel - 3012 fps
Group - 1.0"

95g Vmax / 26.2g / OAL - 2.305"
Avg Vel - 3027 fps
Group - .9"

95g Vmax / 26.4g / OAL - 2.305"
Avg Vel - 2981 fps
Group - 1.3" .125" without flyer

95g Vmax / 26.6g / OAL - 2.305"
Avg Vel - 3011 fps
Group - .45""

95g Vmax / 26.8g / OAL - 2.305"
Avg Vel - 3048 fps
Group - 1.2"

Temperature was 70 deg / 24" barrel

As you can see amazing velocities but less than steller accuracy with a few exceptions.
View Quote

Those are some Impressive velocities...the accuracy is also quite good (1 MOA or less) with some of those loads, I would
likely concentrate on those loads that are giving you the 1 MOA or less at 100 yards as you get her tuned in...

Nice work, thanks.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 4:41:48 PM EDT
[#43]
I can officially say now I'm part of the 6.5 PCC Development Group.

Below is the 6.5 PCC Mk12 SPR barrel Black Hole Weaponry made me.

Link Posted: 10/10/2014 4:55:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Looks fantasic D., hopes it works out great for you...Thanks for the pics/update and welcome aboard .
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 4:27:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bruizer] [#45]
Quick update before heading out of town.

100gr Nosler BT
28.1gr H335
6 rounds = avg velocity of 2711
@ 100 yds, didnt group so well, but @ 200 yd, I had a nice 1 inch group about 5 in below point of aim.

95gr Controlled Chaos
3x @ 25.1 gr X-terminator = avg velocity of 2528
3x @ 25.4 gr X-terminator = avg velocity of 2609 (grouped ok, planning on loading the remain rounds with this charge to finish fire forming some brass and use up the last of that powder)
3x @ 27.1 gr H335 = avg velocity of 2680

Barnes 100gr TTSX
3x @ 25.4gr H335 = avg velocity of 2525
3x @ 25.7gr H335 = avg velocity of 2572

Ive got one last charge to try with the barnes, 26.0 gr, after that i'm done, way to expensive to keep playing with
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 6:05:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quick update before heading out of town.

100gr Nosler BT
28.1gr H335
6 rounds = avg velocity of 2711
@ 100 yds, didnt group so well, but @ 200 yd, I had a nice 1 inch group about 5 in below point of aim.

95gr Controlled Chaos
3x @ 25.1 gr X-terminator = avg velocity of 2528
3x @ 25.4 gr X-terminator = avg velocity of 2609 (grouped ok, planning on loading the remain rounds with this charge to finish fire forming some brass)
3x @ 27.1 gr H336 = avg velocity of 2680

Barnes 100gr TTSX
3x @ 25.4gr H335 = avg velocity of 2525
3x @ 25.7gr H335 = avg velocity of 2572
View Quote

Thanks again for the updates, the velocities are getting better and better...once you tune in your fire-formed loads you should see even better velocities...

Link Posted: 10/16/2014 6:50:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Its looking that way with the Nosler BT and Barnes, groups have started to improve a bit. The C/C rounds are the exception best group thus far has been about 2.5 inches @ 100 yd.  

Picture below is from the life size whitetail target I had setup @ 200 yd. Took two shots to figure out my holdover with the hash marks, then drilled three into a nice group.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 7:40:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Its looking that way with the Nosler BT and Barnes, groups have started to improve a bit. The C/C rounds are the exception best group thus far has been about 2.5 inches @ 100 yd.  

Picture below is from the life size whitetail target I had setup @ 200 yd. Took two shots to figure out my holdover with the hash marks, then drilled three into a nice group.
<a href="http://s306.photobucket.com/user/sragrim/media/Mobile%20Uploads/df14ee46-c2ba-40d2-b574-b20d01e43dc2.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn255/sragrim/Mobile%20Uploads/df14ee46-c2ba-40d2-b574-b20d01e43dc2.jpg</a>
View Quote

Sweet groups and getting better, sounds great to me...The 95gr. C/C monolithic's are grouping at around 1.2"-1.5" (best groups) @ 100 yards out of my 22" Bbl. and average just
over 2,808 fps.(max loads) using H335 powder...I had suspected that the all brass 95gr CC monolithic pills would not group very well due to the polygonal bore design and it
turned out to be fact...One Interesting note with the 95gr. CC pills, as velocity Increased the accuracy Improved...
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:48:21 AM EDT
[#49]
Some chrono data on 18" barrel
57 F, all FF loaded long

25.8 gr H335, 100 gr TTSX
2511, 2521, 2529.  Avg 2520

25.55 gr H335, 100 gr TTSX
2447, 2474, 2455, 2471, 2461. Avg 2462

25.3 gr H335, 100 TTSX
2467, 2469, 2453, 2419, 2440. Avg 2450

26.5 gr H335, 100 gr Amax
2548, 2555, 2548, 2574, 2570. Avg 2559

No ejector marks on brass.  still have potential to bump up powder charge.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:04:54 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Lakemoor:
Some chrono data on 18" barrel
57 F, all FF loaded long

25.8 gr H335, 100 gr TTSX
2511, 2521, 2529.  Avg 2520

25.55 gr H335, 100 gr TTSX
2447, 2474, 2455, 2471, 2461. Avg 2462

25.3 gr H335, 100 TTSX
2467, 2469, 2453, 2419, 2440. Avg 2450

26.5 gr H335, 100 gr Amax
2548, 2555, 2548, 2574, 2570. Avg 2559

No ejector marks on brass.  still have potential to bump up powder charge.
View Quote

Thanks for the update Lakemoor, depending on your case capacity and COL, you will likely max out at around 26.2 grains of H335
based on a 31.5 grain case capacity for that load...2,529 fps is not bad at all for that load running with a 18" Bbl. length.

Thanks again and best of luck.
Page / 26
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top