BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 26
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 6:02:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Just got back from the range.  Snow was about waist deep on me in spots, for most other people, that would probably be about knee deep on them.  Loads I shot were 85 gr Sierra Varminters with a ladder from 30.6 to 31.5 gr in .1 gr increments of H335.  I didn't bring the chronograph with me because of the snow and the sun was very bright, so the mirage would've negated anything.  Pretty impressed and may have a new load, but will have to revisit the 30.8 gr load and the 31.1 gr load.  When I do those, I will have the chronograph and will also run both of them in a 10 round each grudge match to see which one has the tighter group.  As of right now the 30.8 gr group measures 3/4" and the 31.1 gr group is measuring 5/8".   There is not much room at all left in the case.  Good luck and stay safe.
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 9:57:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Dr69er:

You are correct Altair, brass availability is rather weak from Remmy, as far as performance we are looking at approx. 39.77 grs. case capacity combined with a
123gr. pill seated to 2.260" COL, a ARP HP Bolt & Extension and a 30 degree shoulder angle and correct for dims freebore we estimate  it can easily handle
60K PSI...Again, we are in the concept stages...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Altair:
Originally Posted By BIGGDAWG:
Looks sweet Vic,

any advise for a guy thinking about doing his own wildcat?  lol  thinking a 6.5 on the 30 RAR with arperformance 800 series bolt.

Great minds think alike...Have been dreaming of a  6.5-30 RAR wildcat wildcat since it came out...
.260 Rem performance (or better) out of a AR-15 platform, sweet ! Although a 7mm version is not
a bad Idea either...

I wanted to do a 6.5 wildcat off of the WSSM case but Oly is the only game that makes bolts and barrel extensions.  They absolutely won't sell components.

One using the 30 RAR parent case would be a neat project, and would interest me, but isn't brass extremely difficult to source?  That would be my biggest hang up.  Also, what magazines are available for the 30 RAR?  Since you're necking down there should be no modification required.

Also, since the 30 RAR doesn't hit .308 performance are you sure a 6.5 would reach .260 Rem levels?  I would expect it to find a medium ground between 6.5 Grendel and .260 Rem but maybe I'm missing something.

You are correct Altair, brass availability is rather weak from Remmy, as far as performance we are looking at approx. 39.77 grs. case capacity combined with a
123gr. pill seated to 2.260" COL, a ARP HP Bolt & Extension and a 30 degree shoulder angle and correct for dims freebore we estimate  it can easily handle

With a reasonable amount of brass, dies, and viable magazines this is a concept I would be very interested in.  I'd be happy to assist in any way I can as well.  Keep us posted.
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 10:06:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By hockeynick39:
Just got back from the range.  Snow was about waist deep on me in spots, for most other people, that would probably be about knee deep on them.  Loads I shot were 85 gr Sierra Varminters with a ladder from 30.6 to 31.5 gr in .1 gr increments of H335.  I didn't bring the chronograph with me because of the snow and the sun was very bright, so the mirage would've negated anything.  Pretty impressed and may have a new load, but will have to revisit the 30.8 gr load and the 31.1 gr load.  When I do those, I will have the chronograph and will also run both of them in a 10 round each grudge match to see which one has the tighter group.  As of right now the 30.8 gr group measures 3/4" and the 31.1 gr group is measuring 5/8".   There is not much room at all left in the case.  Good luck and stay safe.
View Quote

5/8" group @ 3,000 fps vicinity is not to shabby, keep up the great work Nick.
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 10:12:28 PM EDT
[#4]

With a reasonable amount of brass, dies, and viable magazines this is a concept I would be very interested in.  I'd be happy to assist in any way I can as well.  Keep us posted.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BIGGDAWG:
Looks sweet Vic,

any advise for a guy thinking about doing his own wildcat?  lol  thinking a 6.5 on the 30 RAR with arperformance 800 series bolt.

Great minds think alike...Have been dreaming of a  6.5-30 RAR wildcat wildcat since it came out...
.260 Rem performance (or better) out of a AR-15 platform, sweet ! Although a 7mm version is not
a bad Idea either...

I wanted to do a 6.5 wildcat off of the WSSM case but Oly is the only game that makes bolts and barrel extensions.  They absolutely won't sell components.

One using the 30 RAR parent case would be a neat project, and would interest me, but isn't brass extremely difficult to source?  That would be my biggest hang up.  Also, what magazines are available for the 30 RAR?  Since you're necking down there should be no modification required.

Also, since the 30 RAR doesn't hit .308 performance are you sure a 6.5 would reach .260 Rem levels?  I would expect it to find a medium ground between 6.5 Grendel and .260 Rem but maybe I'm missing something.

We will keep you posted Altair, we are also considering other slightly larger capacity parent cased versions with better brass availability as well as a option.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 7:17:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I will be joining the ranks of 6.5 pcc owners soon Vic, told me I should be seeing mine in about 2 weeks. Just looking forward to learning from this group and sharing my loading info once I get started.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 9:10:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By spinlite1:
I will be joining the ranks of 6.5 pcc owners soon Vic, told me I should be seeing mine in about 2 weeks. Just looking forward to learning from this group and sharing my loading info once I get started.
View Quote

Welcome aboard SpinLite1, glad you are here...There are plenty of really good and knowledgeable guys
on this board/forum that will be able to help and guide you along the way...We will do our best to help.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:19:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dr69er] [#7]
View Quote

SpinLite1, I will post a few pics for ya before your barrel ships...For those waiting for the Lee Factory Crimp Dies and Lee Die Sets
the factory has given me a tentative late May delivery date, fingers crossed...Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:40:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Welcome  SpinLite1.  I'm sure you will enjoy the little 6.5 .

Ordered a 20 MOA mount for mine. Ran out of adjustment, going for longer range. Was ok out to 600 yards, but at 800 I was around 8 moa low.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:35:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dr69er] [#9]
SpinLite1,

Look what the nice man in a delivery truck sent us...This one is going out to It's new loving home
in the Republic of Texas, ASAP.

It's a 6.5mm PCC 24" S.S., 416R Bull Profile barrel (not for the faint of Heart) with Matte finish, double straight
fluting, rifle length gas (.936" GB Seat),1:8 twist, Poly 3, M4 feedramps,, 5/8-24 muzzle threads, etc. A real
beauty to be sure...

Certainly designed more for use as a benchrest rifle, but depending on the type of hunting one does
can also be used for tree stand or covered blind hunting as well...

Best of luck with it and hope it shoots straight and true...

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:02:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spinlite1] [#10]
Hilljack,That is really encouraging that you are shooting at that distance with this round, I will start working up loads as soon as i get my gun finished now that my barrel is coming. What bullets and loads are you using to shoot out past 600 yards.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:04:57 PM EDT
[#11]
That sure does look sweet, I will be chomping at the bit, I already have the lower built and waiting, I have all the parts for the upper except the flash hider, thanks so much Vic for all your help.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:48:24 PM EDT
[#12]
That sure does look sweet, I will be chomping at the bit, I already have the lower built and waiting, I have all the parts for the upper except the flash hider, thanks so much Vic for all your help.

View Quote

Glad I can help...The 100 gr. Bergers, Hornady A-Max, 107 gr. Sierra's are a good start.

Then you can move up to the Hornady 120 & 123 gr. A-Max versions as well...
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 12:04:11 AM EDT
[#13]

Glad I can help...The 100 gr. Bergers, Hornady A-Max, 107 gr. Sierra's are a good start.

View All Quotes

Vic, what is a good source for the longer OAL magazines.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 12:28:22 AM EDT
[#14]
SpinLite1,

Look what the nice man in a delivery truck sent us...This one is going out to It's new loving home

It's a 6.5mm PCC 24" S.S., 416R Bull Profile barrel (not for the faint of Heart) with Matte finish, double straight
fluting, rifle length gas (.936" GB Seat),1:8 twist, Poly 3, M4 feedramps,, 5/8-24 muzzle threads, etc. A real
beauty to be sure...

Certainly designed more for use as a benchrest rifle, but depending on the type of hunting one does

Best of luck with it and hope it shoots straight and true...]
View Quote

You can be sure I plan to use it next season for deer back home in MO., and if I get a chance on some hogs here in Texas, I have plenty of time to see what this little rifle will do, From reading about the great results from 18" ,20" and 22" barrels, it will be fun to see if I can squeeze anymore out of this one with 24", but will be very happy just to get the performance that others have been getting out of 20 and 22 inch barrels.

I noticed that some have been experimenting with the 6.8 spc magazines, to improve feeding, can you load to 2.30  OAL with those magazines?
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 12:33:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dr69er] [#15]

View All Quotes

Heckler & Koch (HK, Germany) 416 Steel Marine Mags, excellent quality, function,reliability, 2.300" COL

PRI 6.8 SPC mags with .223/5.56mm followers seems to work well and gives gives you a 2.300" COL

Some of the new ASC mags also do well and give you about 2.285" COL

Pmags (Gen II & III ) are also a good choice but they will limit you to about 2.269"/2.270" COL

Will be trying the new D&H .300 BLK mags soon, they may work well for .223/5.56 variants...
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 1:44:58 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm just starting to shoot longer range with this round. Running 123 Amax with the tips removed, H335 27.4 grains.  It's a pretty hot load in a 20" barrel at 2500 fps.

A shooter I talk to at the range has a Grendel with a 19.5 inch barrel. He is pushing the same bullet at 2600 fps. Not too much difference in speed.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 10:43:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dr69er] [#17]
Originally Posted By Hilljack:
I'm just starting to shoot longer range with this round. Running 123 Amax with the tips removed, H335 27.4 grains.  It's a pretty hot load in a 20" barrel at 2500 fps.

A shooter I talk to at the range has a Grendel with a 19.5 inch barrel. He is pushing the same bullet at 2600 fps. Not too much difference in speed.
View Quote

Thanks for the real world Input Hilljack, awaiting eagerly for more field reports with your 6.5mm PCC rifle...If we get
a good deal on the D&H .300 BLK mags we will send a brand new sample out to our 6.5mm PCC end users as
they become available for real world field testing...

Good luck and keep safe.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 3:34:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spinlite1] [#18]

Heckler & Koch (HK, Germany) 416 Steel Marine Mags, excellent quality, function,reliability, 2.300" COL

PRI 6.8 SPC mags with .223/5.56mm followers seems to work well and gives gives you a 2.300" COL

Pmags (Gen II & III ) are also a good choice but they will limit you to about 2.269"/2.270" COL

Will be trying the new D&H .300 BLK mags soon, they may work well for .223/5.56 variants...
View All Quotes

Will any anti tilt 223 follower work in the PRI 6.8 mags, or do they have to be PRI 223 followers.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:01:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dr69er] [#19]

Will any anti tilt 223 follower work in the PRI 6.8 mags, or do they have to be PRI 223 followers.
View All Quotes

It usually does not matter the brand, you can use Magpul or PRI .223/5.56mm followers, etc.

Also, your barrel has shipped, they said for Monday/Tuesday delivery to Texas it was sent
Priority 2 Day w/ Insurance...The polishing/ M4 feed-ramps came out great, function check
and head-space check passed with flying colors...Enjoy.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 1:31:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Thanks Vic for the great service, I am really looking forward to getting this put together. You can be sure I will be sharing as much info as I can about my Build and my results,

I was reading on the 277 wolverine post and they have had great results from the Power pro 1200R any idea how well this would work on the 6.5pcc
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:56:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Thanks Vic for the great service, I am really looking forward to getting this put together. You can be sure I will be sharing as much info as I can about my Build and my results,

I was reading on the 277 wolverine post and they have had great results from the Power pro 1200R any idea how well this would work on the 6.5pcc
View Quote

Myself and Mark have been working together a bit on the .277 Wolverine...I think 1200R may be a bit fast for the 6.5mm PCC, however,
I don't know If any 6.5mm PCC end users have tired that powder yet...It could possibly work with the lighter loads...

It certainly may be worth trying though as it is still within the working range of the .223 Remington case/range of wildcats...

I will have to check if I have that powder in my computer ballistic programs to run the numbers, etc.

In the next week or so I will contact D & H magazine for technical specs on the magazine and possible bulk purchase so I
can send them to my 6.5mm PCC end users for field testing...

Happy Easter everyone.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 11:17:08 PM EDT
[#22]

Myself and Mark have been working together a bit on the .277 Wolverine...I think 1200R may be a bit fast for the 6.5mm PCC, however,
I don't know If any 6.5mm PCC end users have tired that powder yet...It could possibly work with the lighter loads...

It certainly may be worth trying though as it is still within the working range of the .223 Remington case/range of wildcats...

I will have to check if I have that powder in my computer ballistic programs to run the numbers, etc.

In the next week or so I will contact D & H magazine for technical specs on the magazine and possible bulk purchase so I

Happy Easter everyone.
View All Quotes

Happy Easter everyone.

That would be great, Happy Easter to you Also
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 11:40:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Vic, how do you think iMR XBR 8208 would do. I'm out of h335 but I have some xbr along with 100 gr Amax

Hope to get some H335 soon.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 12:28:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Lakemoor:
Vic, how do you think iMR XBR 8208 would do. I'm out of h335 but I have some xbr along with 100 gr Amax

Hope to get some H335 soon.
View Quote

Yes it should work OK for the lighter weight pills, I would start low at around 23grs. and then work
your way up slowly...Guys have used IMR 8208 XBR from .223 Rem to 308 Win class cases in
there AR's with good success, this Includes 6.5 Grendel and 6.8 SPC cases.

It supposedly is just a bit slower than H335 and meters well and burns pretty clean etc.

Just use with caution and work up slowly and always check for pressure signs etc...

Good luck and stay safe.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 3:06:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Vic, money's on the way for the 20 incher we discussed
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 9:45:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Bruizer:
View Quote

Welcome aboard Sgt., glad to have you as part of the 6,5mm PCC team, we will have your order processed though
the factory ASAP... I trust you will find many good and knowledgeable wildcatters/shooters on this thread and on
ARF.com in general...

Thanks for your service.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:04:55 AM EDT
[#27]

Welcome aboard Sgt., glad to have you as part of the 6,5mm PCC team, we will have your order processed though
the factory ASAP... I trust you will find many good and knowledgeable wildcatters/shooters on this thread and on
ARF.com in general...

Thanks for your service.
View All Quotes

ARF.com in general...

Thanks for your service.

Sgt., your envelope is in...your order will be processed ASAP... Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:20:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dr69er] [#28]
SpinLite1,

beauty to be sure...

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx65/Doc69er/IMG_0021_zps3a9398a2.jpg
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx65/Doc69er/IMG_0027_zpsc7a629c2.jpg
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx65/Doc69er/IMG_0022_zps5335871d.jpg
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx65/Doc69er/IMG_0024_zps5eff4dc8.jpg
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx65/Doc69er/IMG_0025_zpsfc7aa6c3.jpg
View Quote

SpiLite1,

Your Bbl. should be finally delivered today...So much for sending it 2-Day Priority...The absolute worst delivery service on the planet, first world prices and third world service !
We were on pins and needles with this one, It was Insured but who has the time and expense and aggravation to go through all the wait and frustration to re-order a new Bbl...

If anyone has any national delivery service suggestions other than UPS or Fedex that won't charge $30.00 (Fedex Ground) for shipping a 2.5 lbs. package from NY to NH...
please give us some suggestions...Never again with USPS for Important packages...

Enjoy.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:27:52 AM EDT
[#29]

SpiLite1,

Your Bbl. should be finally delivered today...So much for sending it 2-Day Priority...The absolute worst delivery service on the planet, first world prices and third world service !
We were on pins and needles with this one, It was Insured but who has the time and expense and aggravation to go through all the wait and frustration to re-order a new Bbl...

If anyone has any national delivery service suggestions other than UPS or Fedex that won't charge $30.00 (Fedex Ground) for shipping a 2.5 lbs. package from NY to NH...
please give us some suggestions...Never again with USPS for Important packages...

Enjoy.
View All Quotes
SpinLite1,

beauty to be sure...

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx65/Doc69er/IMG_0021_zps3a9398a2.jpg
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx65/Doc69er/IMG_0027_zpsc7a629c2.jpg
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx65/Doc69er/IMG_0022_zps5335871d.jpg
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx65/Doc69er/IMG_0024_zps5eff4dc8.jpg
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx65/Doc69er/IMG_0025_zpsfc7aa6c3.jpg

SpiLite1,

Enjoy.

sounds like the usps when i go my barrel from ya Vic   lol
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:31:48 AM EDT
[#30]
I had a pistol ship from tx to ca to IL.  I was a little nervous. USPS not so good.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 2:19:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bruizer] [#31]

View All Quotes

ARF.com in general...

Thanks for your service.

Thanks Vic, looking forward to it. Ive got a 100,200,300 & 600 yard range to try it out on.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:19:36 PM EDT
[#32]

Thanks Vic, looking forward to it. Ive got a 100,200,300 & 600 yard range to try it out on.
View All Quotes

ARF.com in general...

Thanks for your service.

We all will be looking forward to your field results once you get everything dialed-In, thanks.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:13:33 PM EDT
[#33]
SpinLite1,

Post some nice pics. of your new baby when she is complete when you get the chance...Glad the Bbl. got there in one piece, WTF USPS !
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:15:19 PM EDT
[#34]
SpinLite1,

Post some nice pics. of your new baby when she is complete when you get the chance...Glad the Bbl. got there in one piece, WTF USPS !
View Quote

I am hoping to have time this weekend to get it put together, I will post some picks as soon as it is ready, Thanks for all the follow-up in tracking the barrel down after the USPS made us think it was lost.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:18:19 PM EDT
[#35]
SpinLite1,

View Quote

Right now the only powder I have been able to get my hands on that is close is Vitavori N133 powder,I am going to start out loading 90g Vmax, and 100g Sierra's, can you tell me what a good starting load for this would be? Thanks
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:13:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dr69er] [#36]

Right now the only powder I have been able to get my hands on that is close is Vitavori N133 powder,I am going to start out loading 90g Vmax, and 100g Sierra's, can you tell me what a good starting load for this would be? Thanks
View All Quotes
SpinLite1,

VV-N133 Should be a good powder for this round...It falls between H322 and H335 in burn rate.

OK, for the 95gr. Hornady V-Max with VV-N133 Powder:

Case trim length: 1.645", Max Case Capacity: 31.06 grs., Max. COL: 2.295", Bbl Length: 24", Max. Chamber Pressure: 50K CUP.

Max. Charge (Grains): 26.2 ,  Velocity (FPS): 2,642,  Pressure (CUP): 48,004,  Case Fill (%): 100 .

For the Sierra 100 gr. TNT (No Data for the 90 gr.) with VV-N133 Powder, using the same data/specs as above:

Max. Charge (Grs.): 27.3 ,   Velocity (FPS): 2,623 ,  Pressure (CUP):  48,359 ,  Case Fill (%): 100 .

Now, these (velocity) numbers listed tend to be conservative...You will likely get better actual velocity for your rifle/Bbl...
However, always reduce your start loads by at least 10% from Max. charge weights listed here, always use
safe reloading practices

Best brass case brands so far seem to be: Federal/Lake City .223 Rem./5.56 Nato, and Winchester/IMI .223 Remington. They seem to have the best case capacities so far.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 5:35:56 AM EDT
[#37]
should test it in a short barrel
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:31:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By pathfilms:
View Quote

I hope to be doing that very thing pretty soon.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:35:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By 55Kingpin:

View All Quotes

55Kingpin,

Did you get my email I sent you, with regards to the Bbl. approval...?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 9:24:24 AM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

The shortest barrel that this round has been tested with, at least to my knowledge, has been an 18" barrel.  The trimmed down neck doesn't offer much in the way of reduced velocities as in an SBR type.  It would be okay if you kept it at or around 100 yds, but anything further than that in a shorter barrel than 18" would be an absolute waste.  The velocity and energy are just not there in an SBR with this cartridge at longer ranges.  If you read through the post, you find a lot of my data for the 18" barrels and that is about as good as it gets.  I am currently re-testing some 85 gr Sierra HP Varminters and will post the data hopefully in the next few days or so if the weather holds and I can get my equipment to the range.  They change locks for the winter and there was still snow on the range road, so no vehicular traffic until it is melted and stable.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 9:36:16 AM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes
SpinLite1,

VV N133 should be alright like Doc says.  I am assuming that you have not yet fire-formed your cases.  This will have a big impact on what your true case capacity is after forming to your chamber.  Take your sized and trimmed cases, plug the primer pocket (hopefully with a used primer), fill it with water until a slight bubble crests the neck, and then weigh each water filled case separately.  Do this with about 5-10 cases to get a better average spread.  This will give you an initial H2O capacity.  Then, after shooting the same cases for fire-forming, do the same method with the water.  Take those numbers and subtract them.  This will give you how much capacity you gained due to fire-forming.  Re-size and trim the brass to reload for your testing loads.  I went from 31.5 H2O gr in my Winchester/ IMI cases to 33 and 33.5 gr H2O capacity.  This is huge for pressures, volumes, and velocities.  After about every 3rd firing, you may wish to anneal your brass to keep the necks and shoulders soft.  I have gotten about 10 firings out of my cases, which is outstanding for brass in an AR especially with the violence of the action.  Good luck and stay safe.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 10:19:35 AM EDT
[#42]
I went down the N133 route with Bigdawg. It was determined not as good as H335 for speed.

I'd be interested in hearing about real N133 experience. I have little H335 left and lots of N133.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 10:33:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Lakemoor:
I went down the N133 route with Bigdawg. It was determined not as good as H335 for speed.

I'd be interested in hearing about real N133 experience. I have little H335 left and lots of N133.
View Quote

still have enuff for about 10 rounds, may try it again when i get back from africa. it is just a little slow for this round.

personally these are my powders

85-100gn  h335, exterminator and re7, a2200 works too but a little spikey
120gn and up h335
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 1:35:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Thanks guys for your Input on the Powders...
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 3:41:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Are you guys licensing this caliber? Could say a manufacturer, pick it up and make ammunition for you?
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 3:56:05 PM EDT
[#46]

55Kingpin,

Thanks.
View All Quotes

55Kingpin,

Thanks.

Got it.  Thank you, sir!
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 5:38:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By seipherdj:
Are you guys licensing this caliber? Could say a manufacturer, pick it up and make ammunition for you?
View Quote

We have a few offers buy some smaller manufactures...but it is still way cheaper to reload for yourself, many
guys here can pick-up once fired range brass for close to nothing...so it would not be all that cost effective to
have custom ammo produced etc.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 10:35:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jasonusvi] [#48]

We have a few offers buy some smaller manufactures...but it is still way cheaper to reload for yourself, many
guys here can pick-up once fired range brass for close to nothing...so it would not be all that cost effective to
View All Quotes

But that is true of most, if not all, calibers.  Additional ammo sources can only benefit the caliber.  I am making the assumption that an ammo manufacturer would be willing to take the investment risk for production.  Corbon seems to have a decent business producing low volumes of semi custom ammo at premium prices.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 9:43:36 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By jasonusvi:

But that is true of most, if not all, calibers.  Additional ammo sources can only benefit the caliber.  I am making the assumption that an ammo manufacturer would be willing to take the investment risk for production.  Corbon seems to have a decent business producing low volumes of semi custom ammo at premium prices.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jasonusvi:

I would agree with you Jason on many of those points...but, cost is king in this crappy economy...If I can
get a good deal/price point with the ammo manufactures it certainly would make more sense.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 10:19:40 AM EDT
[#50]
Has anyone tried out the ASC 6.8spc mags that 44mag.com sells? Just curious if they allow a slightly longer COL like the PRI ones.
Found here
Page / 26
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top