Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 52
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 1:09:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone have a 12" SWS Rail on a 18" Barrel? Pictures?
View Quote

I have a 15" SWS rail on an 18" barrel..  Sorry I can't help with a 12"..

Link Posted: 4/13/2014 1:57:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p95/atreggie/IMG_0673.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

AWESOME, SWS just came out with e 14" quad rail, I think I am going to get that, it looks great.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 8:54:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Seeing as I've already bought a wrong rail once, I would like it not to happen again.

Here is what I'm considering, in order of precedence.

I am unsure if it will fit, because I know nothing of the URX system, but I was looking at a URX Rifle Length for the MATEN build, with a 16 inch (cut to 14.5 w/perm FH) Mega barrel.

If the URX doesn't fit,

DD 12 inch rail would be second choice.
Troy Rail with PROPER height would be 3rd.

I picked up a Troy Rail, and didn't realize the height difference until I received it.

Am I getting anything wrong, or will I have problems with any of this? The .308 platform is a lot more expensive than I anticipated, so I'd like to start trying to get it right, and I've been trying to follow this thread, suppose I'll be giving it another read through.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 8:59:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Seeing as I've already bought a wrong rail once, I would like it not to happen again.

Here is what I'm considering, in order of precedence.

I am unsure if it will fit, because I know nothing of the URX system, but I was looking at a URX Rifle Length for the MATEN build, with a 16 inch (cut to 14.5 w/perm FH) Mega barrel.

If the URX doesn't fit,

DD 12 inch rail would be second choice.
Troy Rail with PROPER height would be 3rd.

I picked up a Troy Rail, and didn't realize the height difference until I received it.

Am I getting anything wrong, or will I have problems with any of this? The .308 platform is a lot more expensive than I anticipated, so I'd like to start trying to get it right, and I've been trying to follow this thread, suppose I'll be giving it another read through.
View Quote

The URX3.1 will fit the Mega upper. Just make sure you get the 7.62 version and not the 5.56.

If price is a concern look at other rails as, thought it is worth it IMO, the URX is pricey.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 9:06:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I have no problem paying the price, I just don't want to pay for the mistake twice. Which is why I need to do more homework. Thanks, I will be leaning with the URX rail. And yeah, it's a pricey piece.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:03:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have no problem paying the price, I just don't want to pay for the mistake twice. Which is why I need to do more homework. Thanks, I will be leaning with the URX rail. And yeah, it's a pricey piece.
View Quote

Definitely fits
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:12:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks great!
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 2:05:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any rail height issues with the SWS E-1 and the Maten? Going to email Art tonight and plan to buy later this week if the rail heights are the same.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 12:35:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Teaser:

More to come this weekend.

Just so you guys know:  the Wilson low pro adjustable gas block and straight tube fit a mega perfectly with a standard barrel nut.  All fits NICELY under an Apex rail.  .200 thou above the block and .150 below it...minimum!!!  

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 10:01:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks good. Make sure it doesn't flex and touch when you shoot with a bipod. Sounds like its got plenty of clearance though.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 11:40:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Looks good. Make sure it doesn't flex and touch when you shoot with a bipod. Sounds like its got plenty of clearance though.
View Quote

Even though I only have everything essentially "finger" or "hand" tight....I don't think I could get that handguard to flex if i put it over my knee.  My GOD that Apex is tough for it's size.

When you pull one out of the box you think, "damn..how an anything this light be strong?"....and I don't have the answer for it...but WOW, it is stiff as hell!!!

I will watch it, though.

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 12:01:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Matt,

You can see in this pic where the barrel narrows down right behind the gas journal.  The profile is like an M16A2 profile on steroids.  I'll be mounting the bipod right there, where there is less of a chance of it impacting the barrel if there is any excess flexation.

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:09:30 AM EDT
[#13]
I got ya. It was just a thought I had from a past experience. I know what you mean though. I thought for sure I could flex my Noveske NSR's but they are rock solid extremely light. Still no receivers huh?
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 9:18:16 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I got ya. It was just a thought I had from a past experience. I know what you mean though. I thought for sure I could flex my Noveske NSR's but they are rock solid extremely light. Still no receivers huh?
View Quote

SURPRISE!!!!

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 9:18:47 AM EDT
[#15]
I had the Apex on my Armalite AR10. I really liked it, but I didn't have the top rail, didn't need it. But not having the rail, the handguard will ring like a tuning fork. Which wasn't a problem if your holding the handguard, but shooting off a stand or bipod would still ring.

Very solid handguard though. I liked it alot.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:12:40 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I had the Apex on my Armalite AR10. I really liked it, but I didn't have the top rail, didn't need it. But not having the rail, the handguard will ring like a tuning fork. Which wasn't a problem if your holding the handguard, but shooting off a stand or bipod would still ring.

Very solid handguard though. I liked it alot.
View Quote

I'm curious to see if mine will ring.  With the rail, like you said, I doubt it....but if it does, I'll just wrap a strip or two of bacon around it.  

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:06:36 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I went and looked at mine and came to the same conclusion.  The only thing I could think to do would be to cut the spring off, lock some pliers on the pin and try and press it back out towards the front.  Even if that worked there'd be a high likelihood of boogering something up so I personally wouldn't try it.  On the other hand, if it just slipped out, you'd be golden..  *rolling dice*
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can you change out the dust cover on a maten? If so how the hell do you do it?
By the looks of it...you change it out during your build PRIOR to installing the barrel.....doesn't look like it can transverse along the other direction of its axis of movement.  Looks like the pin is installed

from the front only....that is just the look of it. I can't tell for sure.
...and, damn, it kinda looks like once it's in there....IT'S IN THERE!

I went and looked at mine and came to the same conclusion.  The only thing I could think to do would be to cut the spring off, lock some pliers on the pin and try and press it back out towards the front.  Even if that worked there'd be a high likelihood of boogering something up so I personally wouldn't try it.  On the other hand, if it just slipped out, you'd be golden..  *rolling dice*

I thought and thought about it....and then...in the back of my head.... I heard an arfcommer scream, "Magnets!!!!"
....and behold:

I just used a standard, automotive pickup magnet to pull the port pin about about a half inch...and needle nosers for the rest of the way.  T'was a cinch.  Too bad they are such a bitch to put back in!!!

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:30:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Looks sooooo much better with some CeraKote on it!!!

Even the blurry pic looks better than the nomal pic with the straight phosphate...

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:34:49 PM EDT
[#19]
beautiful!
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 10:54:04 PM EDT
[#20]
I recently got my beautiful jp bolt carrier group for my maten and threw it in my receiver. I racked the charging handle and it made an awful noise. It's not my buffer. Will this noise polish out with the use of the rifle. I greased the contact points in the receiver with no success. Kinda pissed off.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 12:32:34 AM EDT
[#21]
It is fitting that on the Easter weekend....."It is finished..."

Well, sort of.  Still gotta dimple the gas block.

I swear, the house was clean when I started.....

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 12:34:50 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I recently got my beautiful jp bolt carrier group for my maten and threw it in my receiver. I racked the charging handle and it made an awful noise. It's not my buffer. Will this noise polish out with the use of the rifle. I greased the contact points in the receiver with no success. Kinda pissed off.
View Quote
Mine does the same thing....it's machining grooves in either your receiver or receiver tube....just shoot 'em smooth.  It won't hurt anything.  Are you using the JP ground spring?  I think it is the flats of the spring running across the turned inner surface of the recoil tube.  ( I am using the ground spring )

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:24:23 AM EDT
[#23]
I gotta ask, why the ADM Recon backwards?
And, next project, clean kitchen
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 10:11:11 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I gotta ask, why the ADM Recon backwards?

And, next project, clean kitchen
View Quote

I originally didn't think that I would have enough room to have decent eye relief AND clearance between the  locking switches and my tac latch on the charging handle.  Do NOT like pinching myself....After a playing with it a bit....it flipped it and played around with everything till I got it.
It was actually kinda close.  I was thinking I might have to flip it around and put it on backwards again....but I got it.

If you look in this pic you can see the tac latch pretty good...when I was first setting up to get proper eye relief, I ended up with the QD latches REALLLY close to my thumb....and let me tell you...if there is a pinch point in any machine...I will find it and exploit it.  Anyhow I flipped it around backwards and was able to set everything up and NOT pinch myself.  After I was finished bringing everything together...being OCD....I couldn't stand it any longer and changed it back to normal....

BUT, the cool thing it, you can flip these things around and actually tweak some very interesting results from it.  It could have been luck, but in the "backwards" position, I had perfect hi and low power mag. eye relief set up seconds, a VERY uncluttered "control side".....

Shit....I just might go put it on backwards again.....

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 10:50:26 AM EDT
[#25]
I think one of these would better suit you. You should be able to return/exchange, sell, or trade your current mount and pick one up.
You could flip the levers to the ejection side and put your OCD at ease. That backwards mount would drive me insane, haha.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 11:17:03 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I think one of these would better suit you. You should be able to return/exchange, sell, or trade your current mount and pick one up.

You could flip the levers to the ejection side and put your OCD at ease. That backwards mount would drive me insane, haha.
http://cdn3.volusion.com/j4enh.r2en5/v/vspfiles/photos/AD%20RECON%20S%2030-2.jpg?1334734642
View Quote

It was a toss up between the cantilever and the standard model....but I think I have it set now....I have about 1.5 inches of clearance:

Looking back, I should have gotten the non-cantilever...but on my prior project I NEEDED it....in this case it was "I'd rather have and not need than need and not have."  

The cool thing is...you DO have some interesting flexibility with a cantilever that you don't with a non-cantilever.  Which I like.  I was never much of an optics on an AR type guy so it's really a big learning curve for me.  I've been learning a lot of neat stuff.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 11:24:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Mine does the same thing....it's machining grooves in either your receiver or receiver tube....just shoot 'em smooth.  It won't hurt anything.  Are you using the JP ground spring?  I think it is the flats of the spring running across the turned inner surface of the recoil tube.  ( I am using the ground spring )

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No I am using a sog spring $9!! Nice rifle, glad to see that you finally got your receivers
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 11:29:19 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

No I am using a sog spring $9!! Nice rifle, glad to see that you finally got your receivers
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was going to use the SOG, too...but at the time, I could not find them.  I FINALLY found a QD swivel loop after four months of them being out of stock.

I'll let you know if shooting smooths out the zzzzoom sound.  I still have to get the gas block fixed and I have to time the muzzle brake...so it'll probably two weeks before I get to shoot it.  

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 1:58:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I was going to use the SOG, too...but at the time, I could not find them.  I FINALLY found a QD swivel loop after four months of them being out of stock.

I'll let you know if shooting smooths out the zzzzoom sound.  I still have to get the gas block fixed and I have to time the muzzle brake...so it'll probably two weeks before I get to shoot it.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just need to get my barrel back from cerakote and I need a geissele ssa-e then I get to test fire my baby( without optics )
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 2:01:17 PM EDT
[#30]
I also have disassembled my buffer and am in the process of filling it with tungsten powder
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 2:44:30 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I also have disassembled my buffer and am in the process of filling it with tungsten powder
View Quote
I've been seeing a few folks do this.  Curious to see how it works!!!!

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:31:07 PM EDT
[#32]
After finishing my build, I've learned a couple of things some of the prospective builders out there may be interested in knowing.  First thing I want to talk about is my choice of the Magpul PRS stock.
I had always wanted to try the PRS stock because I really like adjustability on a precision or bench gun.  It's exactly the opposite of my go to rifles which are exercises in simplicity.  I like to be able to tweak my bench guns based upon several different citeria that come up in varying locations and situations.  I thought buying a PRS for a big, ol' honking moose of a MATEN was a no brainer.  I was quite wrong.
When I put this together, I used a standard, American Defense Recon model, cantilever scope mount with zero MOA and no riser effect.  To it, I added a Leupold Mk IV 6.5 X 20 with a 50mm objective.  My thinking was that with an adjustable LOP and cheek weld, I'd be covered for any overages or underages in tolerancing with the optic height, rail length, eye relief, etc.
Conversely, on my last build, a 5.56,  I used a slightly higher P.E.P.R. mount ( which was an experiment in and of itself...that just stuck to the gun because the damn thing works )  BUT, since PRS stocks were literally impossible to get at the time, I went with an MOE.  I was very worried that the MOE would not work really well, that I'd be doing a lot of rubbernecking or "gear hunting" between low and high power on my Weaver Tactical ( which is nowhere NEAR as forgiving as a Leupold when it comes to eye relief ) 4 X 15.    Those fears turned out to be unfounded.  The MOE has performed EXTREMELY admirably.  Cheek weld, LOP, etc have been great.
Still, I figured that on a Mega, being a larger plaform, I'd still want a PRS for it.  Honestly...excepting the recoil absorbing mass, I could have EASILY gone with an MOE and probably have been BETTER OFF and a couple of dollars richer....without compromising quality or useability.  I have no need to change my LOP, and I have to have the cheek piece in the full down position or I'll be out of the ocular plane.
I am an average guy, just over 5'10" and nice and fluffy at just over 220 ( well earned, I might add ) pounds.  My arms, hands, legs, etc....completely average.  I have good friends who are anywhere from say, 5 foot 8  to 6 foot 2...and we all can interechange weapons very comfortably.  For instance, the bestest, most awesomest, mostest sweetest rifle I ever shot is a 1955 Winchester Model 70 in .30-06 that is custom stocked ( measure to and made for the owner specifically by McMillan ) for a big Native American friend of mine.  He's 6 foot one ( minimum ) and probably 275....he's a big, big dude.....and I shoot his custom stocked rifle like it was made for ME.
The point is this:  the PRS is a great, tough, high quality stock...and if you are six foot four with long ol' monkey arms...it could be the stock for you.....
If you plan on mounting a really "high from normal" optic mount ( taller than a P.E.P.R ) then maybe it is the stock for you.
BUT, if you are anywhere near average, or even a bit below or above, you can EASILY "get away" with an MOE if you need a full length stock.  They are smooth, comfortable and very solid.  They are also much less expensive than a PRS...at around a THIRD of the cost.  You really don't sacrifice anything by going with the MOE in these circumstances with the exception of not being able to run a railed monopod on the rear....that's really it...honest.
...and actually, you really aren't "getting away" with anything...it isn't a short cut to go with the less expensive stock. The MOE WORKS and works WELL!!!  Take the extra 150 dollars or more that you would save by purchasing an MOE and put it into your barrel, a Geissele trigger or a nice bolt/carrier group....or add it to your optics and mounts funds.
In the end, the PRS is an AWESOME piece of hardware...but unless you are under extenuating circumstances....you just won't need it.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 10:33:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The point is this:  the PRS is a great, tough, high quality stock...and if you are six foot four with long ol' monkey arms...it could be the stock for you.....

View Quote

No we can get by with the MOE rifle stock + extended buttpad.
I got rid of my PRS shortly after finishing my .308 for the same reasons.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 1:02:22 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup...lesson learned.
Here is another lesson....I love everything about my Apex Handguard except for one thing....they sell a simple little bipod adaptor with a goofy rubber whatchamahoosit that is supposed to do something....I think.  Anyhow....LOL....of all the things on the gun, the bipod adapter doesn't even work?  Did they forget to design it right or something?
Ya know, if you look at my 5.56 you can get the impression that I know how to install rails and accessories by now  ( still freaked out by all these "advanced" optics mounts...but hey, I am getting there )...so how hard is it to put a little bipod stud and adapter and whatchamahoosit on an Apex rail?  Well, if you want it to work...apparently it is impossible.  It just sliiiiides up and down the slot.
Anyhow, two cheap washers later, I have the bipod mounted...but I have gone back and ordered a small accessory rail and a picatinny bipod mount ( Harris type ) so that I can have the damn thing on there RIGHT.
So, Apex, thumbs up......
Apex Bipod mount....thumbs down.....wayyy down.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 1:20:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Oh, and I flipped my AD mount switches 180 degrees....much less room for me to hurt myself that way...I'll have to figure out another way to injure myself.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 1:22:30 AM EDT
[#36]
I have scoured this forum, Google, and even more forums almost everywhere and I am at wits end. In a private sale I have purchased a mega Upper & a Daniel Defense 12" 7.62 Lite Rail. My conundrum right now is having to decide on whether what length of barrel I would rather use for my build. So I am in need of everyone's help. I want to to know if anyone out there owns a Mega Maten build with a Daniel Defense rail with a 20" barrel and can provide photos for reference. Overall I know what performance it can bring but I know I may be vain but I would like to have a rifle that looks great. I honestly don't want my gas tube and gas block outside the rail parameters. Should I just go with an 18" barrel?

Parts I have:
Mega Maten Lower
Mega Maten Upper
Daniel Defense 12" 7.62 Lite Rail
DPMS Barrel Nut

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 2:04:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I have scoured this forum, Google, and even more forums almost everywhere and I am at wits end. In a private sale I have purchased a mega Upper & a Daniel Defense 12" 7.62 Lite Rail. My conundrum right now is having to decide on whether what length of barrel I would rather use for my build. So I am in need of everyone's help. I want to to know if anyone out there owns a Mega Maten build with a Daniel Defense rail with a 20" barrel and can provide photos for reference. Overall I know what performance it can bring but I know I may be vain but I would like to have a rifle that looks great. I honestly don't want my gas tube and gas block outside the rail parameters. Should I just go with an 18" barrel?

Parts I have:
Mega Maten Lower
Mega Maten Upper
DPMS Barrel Nut

View Quote

I found one for you:
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k44/darkie3495/imagejpg1.jpg
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 7:37:17 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Parts I have:
Mega Maten Lower
Mega Maten Upper
DPMS Barrel Nut

View Quote

Lots of 18" barrels utilize a rifle length gas system. Barrel length isn't the sole determining factor in whether the gas block shows. That's dependent upon gas system length.

Either get a rifle length gas system and trip the DD setup for a longer handguard, or get a mid-length gas system.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 7:41:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Parts I have:
Mega Maten Lower
Mega Maten Upper
DPMS Barrel Nut

View Quote

I don't think you will miss the Daniel Defense handguard. I would go with an 18-20" barrel and a handguard length in the 13"-15" range.
Quad rails just do nothing for me. There are better and lighter options now.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:18:01 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Parts I have:

Mega Maten Lower

Mega Maten Upper

DPMS Barrel Nut

I found one for you:

Don't waste the potential of the .308 in 18 on your first build...go with 20 at the minimum.  Use an extra long rail, like I did, to hide the block.
'

Ignore the backwards scope mount....I was playing ( very effectively ) with something called "Desertmoon not smashing his knuckle on the mount flippies".

ETA: do the 18 on your next build....like I'm gonna!!!

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:25:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Don't waste the potential of the .308 in 18 on your first build...go with 20 at the minimum.  Use an extra long rail, like I did, to hide the block.

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=63140'

Ignore the backwards scope mount....I was playing ( very effectively ) with something called "Desertmoon not smashing his knuckle on the mount flippies".

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Parts I have:
Mega Maten Lower
Mega Maten Upper
DPMS Barrel Nut

I found one for you:

Does your pivot pin have a lot of play in your receivers? Mine does and my receiver kinda wobbles is this a problem? Can it be fixed?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:39:49 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Does your pivot pin have a lot of play in your receivers? Mine does and my receiver kinda wobbles is this a problem? Can it be fixed?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Parts I have:

Mega Maten Lower

Mega Maten Upper

DPMS Barrel Nut

I found one for you:

Which gun Vltor?  Mine or the one with the quad rail?

Mine is solid as a rock....but my 5.56 flops ( DSA receivers )  around like my old XM16E1 I was issued in basic....maybe more....it STILL holds one MOA at 100 without even breaking a sweat.  I break a sweat...but not the rifle.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:52:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Parts I have:
Mega Maten Lower
Mega Maten Upper
DPMS Barrel Nut

I found one for you:

What handguard is that.

I also looked into a SWS E-1 15" rail.

At this point I just want to get this build done. Going to Rainier Arms this saturday to pickup more parts.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:28:47 AM EDT
[#44]
I went with an 18", its a heavy contour, so it is still a little front heavy. I like it though, balances very well for me. But friends say its too heavy, but I disagree. I likea heavy rifle. Doesn't bother me at all, but if I were kicking doors down,I definitely would not be using this.

Between 18"and 22" is the Sweet spot for 308, 18 being on the bottom end. You won't lose too much accuracy out to 800yds. But I've read people hitting targets out to 1000yds with a 16" barrel. So the 308 still has plenty of power to send lead very far, it's just much easier with the longer barrels.

IMO, 308s with shorter than 18" barrels look like fat midgets too me. If you want lightweight and a compact package, just stick with the ar15 and work on your shot placement. Again, just what I personally think.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:39:33 PM EDT
[#45]
My maten mkm pivot pin is the one that is very loose.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:58:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Just got news my rainier arms ultra match isn't head space correctly. I am deciding to go with a new barrel. I want a barrel 20" or longer. Going for accuracy thinking about Bartlein or lilja. What barrel is better, is there a better option than these two. .308 by the way
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:05:40 PM EDT
[#47]
lilja makes pre-fitted.  jp's sure seem to get rave reviews.

i'm likely going JP.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:02:25 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

My maten mkm pivot pin is the one that is very loose.
View Quote
Can you measure the diameters of the pins ( both front and rear ) to see if one ( likely the front, of course ) is larger than the other?  I am wondering if the spring on the front pin is providing enough drag on the pin.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:04:22 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
What handguard is that.

At this point I just want to get this build done. Going to Rainier Arms this saturday to pickup more parts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Parts I have:

Mega Maten Lower

Mega Maten Upper

DPMS Barrel Nut

I found one for you:

What handguard is that.

Mine is an Apex extended length ( 15 inch ) with a full length top rail.  What I really like is that the Apex uses the normal ol' AR-15/AR10 barrel nut.  It is surprisingly solid.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:12:42 AM EDT
[#50]
Just a mock up for now, need to find some time to tighten it all down properly, but almost done.

Page / 52
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top