Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/15/2010 6:57:23 AM EDT
Just finished my build, and I'm having problem with proper feeding. I'm using a unknown upper receiver i got, with a JT barrel, wolf FMJ and cproduct 7.62x39 mags. I haven't tried polishing the fee ramps yet. Any idea, will have to grind the feed ramps down like some of you?

Keen
Link Posted: 2/15/2010 7:19:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Are they known good magazines?  Lots of vintages of CP 7.62 mags had issues.  Are the rounds failing to strip, or doing other things?  How recently did you acquire the mags and from what vendor?  You may have old, defective stock.

I have 8 CP mags that run great.
Link Posted: 2/15/2010 5:01:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 2/15/2010 5:05:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Bought them 5 days ago from 44 Mag http://www.44mag.com/prodinfo.asp?number=CP76230
Quoted:
Are they known good magazines?  Lots of vintages of CP 7.62 mags had issues.  Are the rounds failing to strip, or doing other things?  How recently did you acquire the mags and from what vendor?  You may have old, defective stock.

Link Posted: 2/15/2010 6:42:23 PM EDT
[#4]
The 2nd and last pic looks like you have dent right under the feed ramp. Looks like the round is hanging up on that. It's hard to tell. Is that the malfunction? Round hanging up in that area?

ETA the 2nd pic looks like it has a dent on the feed ramp too.
Link Posted: 2/15/2010 7:03:27 PM EDT
[#5]
That looks like a mag problem.  The rounds are “diving” down as the bolt shoves them forward.
Link Posted: 2/16/2010 5:53:22 AM EDT
[#6]
That appears to be a mag issue (bullet nose diving)...
Link Posted: 2/16/2010 11:13:59 AM EDT
[#7]
So my cproduct mags are defective?
Link Posted: 2/16/2010 11:15:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Make sure the spring is installed correctly, I had a few that weren't and it caused similar problems.  Some of them still wouldn't work though, so I installed Wolff +5% AK 30 round mag springs in them and it fixed the problem...but turned them into 28-29 round magazines.
Link Posted: 2/16/2010 11:19:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Give C-Products a call and get an RMA,  they'll replace it (them) for free.  I returned 8 last gen mags that had a myriad of issues and they replaced them straight up,  the customer service was excellent.  If I buy something, I want it to work and not have to dick with it.  C Products stood behind their stuff and I will purchase more in the future.
Link Posted: 2/16/2010 12:58:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll tell you fellows something interesting.  I built myself a 7.62x39 upper and I used my early CP 6.5 Grendel magazines and they feed like butter. Now I'm not saying to go out and buy those, but mine work.  No sense in me buying dedicated CP 7.62 mags after hearing all the bad stuff about them.

JFA
Link Posted: 2/16/2010 1:06:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Talked to Berry there head engineer. He said to do to the range and try it out, and in the next two weeks there replacing all the springs i the mags they have on stock with heavier ones too. Might go out this weekend to give it a shot, and i'll keep you guys updated.

Thanks for all the the help, God Bless;

Keen
Link Posted: 2/16/2010 4:24:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So my cproduct mags are defective?

Im going with a safe yes, as with most of their mags

Mine were welded out of spec, Ive given up on them as a company
Link Posted: 2/17/2010 6:35:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Give C-Products a call and get an RMA,  they'll replace it (them) for free.  I returned 8 last gen mags that had a myriad of issues and they replaced them straight up,  the customer service was excellent.  If I buy something, I want it to work and not have to dick with it.  C Products stood behind their stuff and I will purchase more in the future.

44Mag will replace them much faster.  That is where OP bought them, they will honor it.  I have seen me do it.

I had one of 8 do exactly the same type of failure.  Around the 15th round, three in a row slammed into the bulkhead, just below the feed ramp.  Side by side with the good mags, there was no discernable difference.  Prior and remaining rounds fed fine.  Strange.......but get it replaced.

Overall I am very pleased with these mags.  I am not easy to please...........
Link Posted: 2/20/2010 12:21:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Changing mags will not remove the dents at the upper/barrel seam.  You need to Dremel-in some feed ramps until those dents are gone.

You may need to back off by 1 or 2 rounds from "full" for reliability.  Guys even do this with 223 mags.
Link Posted: 2/22/2010 9:15:10 PM EDT
[#15]
It looks like your barrel has a M-4 barrel extension  and your A3 receiver is not cut to match.
You will need to grind and polish the flat spots to match the barrel extension.
Link Posted: 2/24/2010 11:41:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

....with a JT barrel...

Keen

I went to their web site and didn't see the 7.62X39 listed???? Do they no longer carry them???? Or they jus tdon't have them on their web site??????????????

I received my DPMS upper, so I need a barrel... I live in Texas and even though Model 1 sells them I hate to pay sales tax, plus shipping...been looking for another supplier of 20" 7'62X39 barrels.
Link Posted: 2/24/2010 12:07:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It looks like your barrel has a M-4 barrel extension  and your A3 receiver is not cut to match.
You will need to grind and polish the flat spots to match the barrel extension.

Not always the case based on the "feed ramp picture"...

Link Posted: 2/24/2010 12:24:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Bought them 5 days ago from 44 Mag http://www.44mag.com/prodinfo.asp?number=CP76230
Quoted:

I bought some from 44mag a few months ago and had a similar problem.  The bolt was catching on the back of the mag because it was welded crooked.  CProducts took care of it and I am happy again.  Here's my post linky
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top