Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2009 8:30:00 AM EDT
im ready to start a build.  i really like the ar 10. but not about to buy a armalite.  
for you builders out there,  how much is typical?  only have to have item is a flat top to mount a optic.  
starting this but want to be able to upgrade down the line when money comes thru.  
where has the best deals on parts?   ill look for used of course though  

looking at getting a complete upper, a stripped lower, a lower parts kit, some fixed a2 style stocks and a bolt carrier if the upper doesnt have one.
missing anything?

thanks for any input
Link Posted: 12/29/2009 8:50:52 AM EDT
[#1]
My guess would be a Remington R-25 at a local funshop. There is one at Green Mountain Guns in CO for I think 1299.
Link Posted: 12/29/2009 9:23:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Sportical, $840 from http://rguns.net/rifles/rifles-semiauto-ar15-complete-308.shtml

Then change out what you want.   You are gonna have trouble building one for less.

Get it shipped to your local pawn shop or favorite FFL.   Many gun stores dont like mail order guns, cause they only get a $20 transfer fee.   No tax either.

Link Posted: 12/29/2009 1:24:44 PM EDT
[#3]
with the lr 308 its more expensive to buy parts than rifle. buy the rifle then change out what you want. the only reason to build one in my eyes would be to make your rig exactly how you wanted it with tons of bad ass parts in a configuration not easily found in a stock 308. not really same ball game as ar15
Link Posted: 12/30/2009 7:12:23 AM EDT
[#4]
thanks guys.   looks like im not building 1 now.  not that i can get a shooter for that cheap    thanks for the help.  if i go thru with it wxpect me back, with pics. lol
Link Posted: 12/30/2009 5:30:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I juggled this around also.  In the end, I ordered mine through Lucas Tactical just the way I wanted.
Link Posted: 12/31/2009 6:22:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
thanks guys.   looks like im not building 1 now.  not that i can get a shooter for that cheap    thanks for the help.  if i go thru with it wxpect me back, with pics. lol

I too, started building an LR-308 and ended up selling what I had and just buying an LAR-8 from a local shop.
Link Posted: 12/31/2009 7:07:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/31/2009 8:59:40 AM EDT
[#8]
If I were you, I'd piece it together.  DPMS simply does not offer the quality that you can get from aftermarket retailers.  Just take your time and buy quality parts.  If you are patient, it will pay out big in the long run.  It took me a year to build my LR-308 and it was worth it.

Link Posted: 12/31/2009 10:57:05 AM EDT
[#9]
DPMS LR-308 no doubt.
Link Posted: 12/31/2009 11:04:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If I were you, I'd piece it together.  DPMS simply does not offer the quality that you can get from aftermarket retailers.  Just take your time and buy quality parts.  If you are patient, it will pay out big in the long run.  It took me a year to build my LR-308 and it was worth it.

http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo39/lr308guy/016.jpg?t=1262282706

if your going for top of the line its without a doubt the best idea to build it your self. but he wants cheap...  the ee or sportical is his best bet... but if you wanted to go quality like you have i would build it too, nice piece btw. im workin on gettin there
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top