BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 21
Link Posted: 2/13/2005 11:51:49 AM EDT
[#1]
SO WOULD I, THE STOCK THAT IS EITHER THE 4 OR 6 PT, WHAT EVER YOU CALL IT.
Link Posted: 2/13/2005 10:20:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ISED8U] [#2]
Here's my humble contribution.  Josh's QD rail attached.  I figure someone will ask...I've got the objective scope cover on order.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/rolex/180bayonette.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/rolex/180bclose1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/rolex/180bclose2.jpg
Link Posted: 2/13/2005 10:41:30 PM EDT
[#3]

Originally Posted By 5subslr5:
FYI.  

The flattop model AR-180B rifles should be available mid-summer, with a suggested retail of $750.

ArmaLite Sales

This is the same thing I was told about the bayonette lug.  So we wait!? hinking.gif
Link Posted: 2/13/2005 10:59:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Urban_Ops] [#4]
Ok, the adapter for the ar-15 type stocks accept either the rifle or the carbine stocks, they both attach by threading the buffer tube to the adapter.
[email protected]
Link Posted: 2/14/2005 2:12:21 AM EDT
[#5]

Originally Posted By Urban_Ops:
Ok, the adapter for the ar-15 type stocks accept either the rifle or the carbine stocks, they both attach by threading the buffer tube to the adapter.
[email protected]

woa?  are you saying you can put ar15 stocks on an ar180?  if so.... pics and more info... how does it attach?
Link Posted: 2/14/2005 11:43:49 AM EDT
[#6]

Originally Posted By jar3ds:

[email protected]

woa?  are you saying you can put ar15 stocks on an ar180?  if so.... pics and more info... how does it attach?

What he said.....
Link Posted: 2/14/2005 1:42:35 PM EDT
[#7]

Got the prototype ace adapter finished, should be in production in about a week.   just a couple refinements and it will be on the StormWerkz website.
img.photobucket.com/albums/v716/josh54880/DSCF0032.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v716/josh54880/DSCF0025.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v716/josh54880/DSCF0024.jpg

+1 on the nice job..... I got to get me one of those!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/14/2005 2:21:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Ok, it is going to be about 2 weeks before the adapters will be ready. We had an urgent order for picatinny risers that need to get out first. I will be posting updates as they happen.  
[email protected]
Link Posted: 2/15/2005 7:30:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Ok, how about services for attaching a dust cover?
Link Posted: 2/15/2005 8:40:56 PM EDT
[#10]

Originally Posted By AndrewB:
Ok, how about services for attaching a dust cover?

I don't think we really kicked around ideas for that one.

BTW - I have the 180B with the straight handle. What's the diff with it and the other "crank" looking handle I've seen in a few pics out here?
Link Posted: 2/16/2005 5:15:15 AM EDT
[#11]
As far as I know all the 180B's came with a straight charging handle. Mine has the crank since I had a couple extra originals and 5 minutes on the mill herehttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v716/josh54880/DSCF0028.jpg
Link Posted: 2/16/2005 9:51:20 PM EDT
[#12]
It's been my experience that the 180B needs a dustcover if it's going to be used for anything serious. It's just too easy for large bits of debris to get into the receiver otherwise.

Some type of self-closing cover would be the most desirable.
Link Posted: 2/16/2005 9:56:20 PM EDT
[#13]

It's been my experience that the 180B needs a dustcover if it's going to be used for anything serious. It's just too easy for large bits of debris to get into the receiver otherwise.

How about a thick rubber cover, split down the line of travel for the handle?
Link Posted: 2/16/2005 10:02:06 PM EDT
[#14]

Heh, that's exactly what I was working on, but the "stem" of the AR-180B's bolt handle is just too large in diameter. It either puts too much stress on the rubber, causing it to fail, or, if the rubber is sturdy enough to withstand it, it puts too much drag on the carrier assembly, slowing it down significantly.

If you created a non-rotating bolt handle that had a flat, narrow, "stem", (look at pictures of the one on the Sig 550) this might be doable.
Link Posted: 2/16/2005 10:06:25 PM EDT
[#15]

Heh, that's exactly what I was working on, but the "stem" of the AR-180B's bolt handle is just too large in diameter. It either puts too much stress on the rubber, causing it to fail, or, if the rubber is sturdy enough to withstand it, it puts too much drag on the carrier assembly, slowing it down significantly.

If you created a non-rotating bolt handle that had a flat, narrow, "stem", (look at pictures of the one on the Sig 550) this might be doable.

You just had to kill the dream...didn't you???

We're not licked yet!
Link Posted: 2/16/2005 10:08:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Hey! It's not dead, it just requires a little welding!

Link Posted: 2/18/2005 5:47:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Hey guys  and gals lets see more pics!!!!  
Link Posted: 2/20/2005 3:07:48 PM EDT
[#18]

Hey guys  and gals lets see more pics!!!!  

What he said...

Link Posted: 2/20/2005 9:21:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Could one of the moderators make this thread a sticky?  
Link Posted: 2/21/2005 11:36:46 AM EDT
[#20]

A-la the Stoner 63.....good idea!!!!  At the minmum I hope to see the original style of dustcover again.

Guys, there is some GREAT work here.....it is awesome to see so many devotees to the 180!!!!!

Looks like this thread and a couple of others has Armalite listening.  Armalite has done some great things lately!  I was very impressed by their pre-no-ban offerings of flash hiders and such at the end of the AWB!!!   Though I have been ( and continue to be )  very critical of the B model 180 (as many of you know ), and of the AR 10, I still want to give Armalite VERY sincere applause for their efforts in supporting those who like "different" things....and not just the same old fare.

I truly hope Armalite comes up with the C model 180 that many of us are dying for and I hope they continue such great efforts of the behalf of shooters everywhere.

Link Posted: 2/22/2005 12:11:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Urban OPS I checked out your photos of the Ace folding stock and attachment plate to your AR180b, looks terrific! A number of years ago Ace discontinued the dedicated folding stock for the "original" AR180. I have seen a number of AR180 rifles with either badly damaged or missing folding stocks and I was wondering if your Ace stock plate for the AR180b would also fit the 1st gen AR180? I would be tempted to add another AR180 to my collection if I could install an Ace folding stock. Another item that might be of interest to AR180/AR180b owners is a front side sling "swivel" attachment. I have this feature on my modified AR7 rifles and Howa/S&W "police" shotguns and find that the slings are much easier to use.
Link Posted: 2/22/2005 3:51:01 PM EDT
[#22]
We are working on a couple of different stock adapters right now. one for the ace side-folders, another for ar-15 type carbine stocks and another that will allow collapsing and side folding. I will be posting when they are ready in a couple weeks. After the Ar-180B adapters I will look at an adapter for the early models.
[email protected]
Link Posted: 2/22/2005 7:56:07 PM EDT
[#23]

Got the prototype ace adapter finished, should be in production in about a week.   just a couple refinements and it will be on the StormWerkz website.
]

You're like a tiny god.

*bows down*
Link Posted: 2/23/2005 12:32:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Armedsask] [#24]

Originally Posted By 5subslr5:
Any of you guys remember who posted a pic of his AR-180B with FF rails ??  I know he was Canadian - probably still is for that matter !!  His rifle would be good to show on this thread.

5sub

Sorry I'm late, boys. I am the guy that you speak of so highly. To my knowledge I was the first person to put a POF USA rail on the AR180B. I have seen helped another Canadian do the same mod. I am the Volk in Volk Armory Customs

http://www.angelfire.com/sk3/volkarmorycustoms/images/cgn/AR180B_feb05.jpg

Mods to date:
- Threaded barrel and A2 flash supressor
- Reciever mounted Pic rail
- Iron sights gone
- Custom mounted POF USA P12X free floating RIS

Doo-Dads
- Eotech
- TD vert grip
- TD rail covers
- Surefire 962
- SEALS Patrol sling
- Not shown is an Isreali practice grenade, pointless fun h- Dust cover
- Maybe an M203 or 37mm
- Thinking of making an adapter to accept AR15 pistol grips

Please feel free to check out my site, I have some articles on fixing feeding issues. I have never had a stopage in my rifle. www.volkarmorycustoms.com
Link Posted: 2/23/2005 12:43:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Thanks much for appearing even late !!  (And I see you ARE still Canadian.)

5sub
Link Posted: 2/23/2005 12:46:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Thanks very much. I'll admit, I rarely stop over here much. I spend all my time at Canadiangunnutz.com

I'll have to pop in more often.
Link Posted: 2/23/2005 7:12:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/23/2005 7:39:44 PM EDT
[#28]

Originally Posted By Striker:
Good to 5sub's gonna keep you busy! hr

Sorry, I don't swing that way. I was looking at the ACE adapters, looks like a similar idea I had. My idea was to mill out a pocket in the back of the reciever, epoxy and screw in an aluminum block to mount the stock too.
Link Posted: 2/23/2005 8:02:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Just finishing a run of m-4 risers for some guys at the front lines and then will be back on track for the Ace and ar-15 type stock adapters this weekend.
[email protected]
Link Posted: 2/24/2005 8:16:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ISED8U] [#30]
I thought I'd try painting the inset letters around the safety.  I have always admired this on other weapons when its well done.  I think it turned out alright, though the pics are a little dark.  Everyone PLEASE POST MORE PICS!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/rolex/180bpaint2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/rolex/180bpaint.jpg
Link Posted: 2/24/2005 10:42:52 PM EDT
[#31]
looks real nice, I am going to try lettering mine.
Link Posted: 2/25/2005 3:18:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/25/2005 4:19:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/26/2005 11:59:22 AM EDT
[#34]

Originally Posted By ISED8U:
I thought I'd try painting the inset letters around the safety.  I have always admired this on other weapons when its well done.  I think it turned out alright, though the pics are a little dark.  Everyone PLEASE POST MORE PICS!!
img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/rolex/180bpaint2.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/rolex/180bpaint.jpg

VERY NICE!

Can we see the same rifle but in a few wider shots?
Link Posted: 2/28/2005 10:19:12 AM EDT
[#35]

Just finishing a run of m-4 risers for some guys at the front lines and then will be back on track for the Ace and ar-15 type stock adapters this weekend.
[email protected]

The proposed Ar-15 type stock adapters, would it be A2 only? Or will there be a provision for CAR stocks as well?  
Link Posted: 2/28/2005 1:56:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ISED8U] [#36]

Originally Posted By hepcat85:

VERY NICE!

Ask and ye shall receive.  Here's a pic after painting.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/rolex/180newpic.jpg

Another black gun, my Mossberg 590.  If you can't stop the bad guy with 9 rounds of 00 tactical buckshot, it's important to have a sharp bayonet to throw yourself onto before the bad guy can get you. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/rolex/180with590.jpg

Note the desktop photo.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/rolex/180DESK.jpg

Urban Ops also has some pics on his Stormwerkz.com site. (Chris A.)
Link Posted: 2/28/2005 3:04:41 PM EDT
[#37]

VERY NICE!

Ask and ye shall receive.  Here's a pic after painting.
img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/rolex/180newpic.jpg

Another black gun, my Mossberg 590.  If you can't stop the bad guy with 9 rounds of 00 tactical buckshot, it's important to have a sharp bayonet to throw yourself onto before the bad guy can get you.
img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/rolex/180with590.jpg

Note the desktop photo.
img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/rolex/180DESK.jpg

Urban Ops also has some pics on his Stormwerkz.com site. (Chris A.)

Thanks!

What did you use for the entire weapon, Lauer paint? Which colors? Looks really good.
Link Posted: 2/28/2005 7:20:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ISED8U] [#38]
No other paint on the rifle to my knowledge.  I bought it preowned from a local gun dealer last summer.  The gun didn't look like it had been shot very much, and I don't believe it has been painted.  Both of those things have now changed.  The red and white paints are done with Crafts Etc fine tip paint markers, from the local craft store.  I prepped the surface with casey degreaser, painted the inset lettering, and rubbed the surface with petrolium based gun oil on an old t-shirt to remove any excess paint.
Link Posted: 3/1/2005 5:40:49 AM EDT
[#39]
The adapters for the Ar-15 type stocks will be just like the rear of an Ar-15 receiver so either fixed stocks or collapsing stocks(vltor, crane,DPMS, etc ) will fit. I am sorry it is taking me so long to get them finished but a prior order of picatinny m-4 risers needed to be made first.
Josh

[email protected]
Link Posted: 3/1/2005 9:10:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: hepcat85] [#40]

The adapters for the Ar-15 type stocks will be just like the rear of an Ar-15 receiver so either fixed stocks or collapsing stocks(vltor, crane,DPMS, etc ) will fit. I am sorry it is taking me so long to get them finished but a prior order of picatinny m-4 risers needed to be made first.
Josh

[email protected]

Sorry Josh.......we can't forgive you.

Link Posted: 3/1/2005 6:43:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Hurry up Josh, I wan't to be the first guy in Canada with that AR stock adapter (collapsible), nothing like showing up at my range with the new beast, the old guys can't keep their hands off of it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2005 12:12:38 AM EDT
[#42]

Originally Posted By crazycanuk:
Hurry up Josh, I wan't to be the first guy in Canada with that AR stock adapter (collapsible), nothing like showing up at my range with the new beast, the old guys can't keep their hands off of it.

Tough shit buddy, I'll be the first in Canada with a folder. So there!
Link Posted: 3/2/2005 9:39:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: hepcat85] [#43]

Originally Posted By Armedsask:

Cool! This is like "Bum Fights"......but with Hosers.

KIDDING chaps!
Link Posted: 3/2/2005 1:38:39 PM EDT
[#44]

Cool! This is like "Bum Fights"......but with Hosers.

Buwhahaha
Link Posted: 3/3/2005 7:17:52 PM EDT
[#45]

Cool! This is like "Bum Fights"......but with Hosers. haps!

Who you calling a hoser, hoser? Take off, eh!

Must have adapter now!
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 12:35:48 AM EDT
[#46]
Just finished anodizing the ar-15 flat-top risers in OD Green. This weekend will be dedicated to the stock adapters. The sidefold is first with the collapsing stock adapter to follow.
Thanks for the million or so emails !
[email protected]
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 12:57:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Will the stock adapter be able to take a ace stock without the folding unit?
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 4:12:33 PM EDT
[#48]
The Ace stock may be used without the folding adapter, they have the same bolt pattern so you  could have a skeleton or boom tube stock as a solid mount.
I just picked up the barstock from the metal supply company. Will be sawing to the machinable size tonight and on saturday morning will be proving out the CNC program.
[email protected]
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 8:23:53 PM EDT
[#49]
one other rather stupid question, what length of stock are you you using?  Ace sells three lengths of the skeleton stock.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 9:38:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Collapsing stock adapter would cover a shorty or entry stock, correct?
Page / 21
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top