BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 21
Link Posted: 1/20/2005 4:47:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jacketch] [#1]
Take a piece of bicycle innertube, large enough to cover the port with about 1/2" overlap and superglue it at the top. Should work.
Link Posted: 1/20/2005 6:15:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Originally Posted By AndrewB:
Eh... why does everyone still think that you have to cut the stock off? There's a big bolt that runs through the stock and into the lower receiver. You just unscrew that and the buttstock comes off.

Thank you for your infinite wisdom High Speed.  I've never handled an AR180B, so I had no idea that it was bolted on.  Today I saw a pic of one that was the first one I'd seen that had a clear seam b/w the stock and receiver, which made me wonder if it was in fact screwed on.  I was actually going to pose a question to see if this thought was correct.  I'm so glad there's NOTHING to cut...oh wait there is.
Link Posted: 1/23/2005 8:53:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Er, uh, yeah.

Just call me High Speed from now on.
Link Posted: 1/23/2005 10:40:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hepcat85] [#4]

So High Speed .........who's your new side kick? Low Drag ....?

Gonna go and fight crime with your AR-180B Folders?

On a serious note; RE: dustcover design. I was thinking of the same problem when I read your post. What are you thinking?
Link Posted: 1/23/2005 10:48:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Originally Posted By yekimak:
I used a butler creek shotgun stock cut and re-welded to fold to the left.  I am going to replace it with a ACE stock when they finally come out with an adapter.  IT was pretty easy to do, as far as cutting the barrel down..I guess I have big Balls, cuz I used a sawzall and then ground it down to size on a bench grinder to use as 1/2x28 die on it.

p.s. you have to cut the tang off the back of the receiver to attach a folder.

I spoke to ACE on Friday.  They said they will be coming out with the folder in the spring and you will not be required to cut the tang or any other mods.

I will wait for them.
Link Posted: 1/24/2005 12:48:15 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't know a single highspeed person who calls themself that...I do know some total tools, one in particular who does...and he's sorely mistaken.

Actually, I think that a folder on an AR180B would be great for keeping behind the seat in the truck, and camping as well as plenty of other things...do you fight crime w/ your AR15 w/  it's collapsable stock?  Granted, I could be wrong and you might not have one, but most many other people on this board do, so I think it's a safe generalization.
Link Posted: 1/24/2005 12:58:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AndrewB] [#7]
I think that the simplest way to make a dustcover would be two rubber flaps mounted to the outside of the receiver. I'd prefer to use rivets, or something similar, to create a solid, permanent, 'mounting point' for the flaps to minimize the occurrence of the flaps being torn off by rough handling.

The main issue I've run into so far is minimizing wear to the rubber flaps while also minimizing drag on the bolt handle.

I've also been looking at ways to make the moving parts handle dirt a bit better.

Reshaping the guide rods to a diamond cross-section seems to have increased the rifle's tolerance of grit and sand somewhat: it seems to take more dirt now to cause a bind between the spring, guide rod, and carrier than before.

Finally, I think that increasing the strength of the recoil springs would be the single best way to make the rifle feed better when dirty.
Link Posted: 1/24/2005 1:03:49 AM EDT
[#8]

I don't know a single highspeed person who calls themself that...I do know some total tools, one in particular who does...and he's sorely mistaken.

Did someone miss my sarcasm? Heh.

Link Posted: 1/24/2005 4:09:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hepcat85] [#9]
Hmmmmmmmm...Lets see the proposed ideas;

1) Dust cover

2) Reshaping the guide rods to a diamond cross-section

3) Increasing the strength of the recoil springs

Sounds like the groundwork for the ArmaLite AR-180C

Link Posted: 1/24/2005 6:47:15 PM EDT
[#10]

Originally Posted By hepcat85:

1) Dust cover

Why don't you guys add to this post and when you're completed I'll send it up to ArmaLite.

Add:  Chrome-lined barrel

5sub
Link Posted: 1/24/2005 6:54:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Corporal_Chaos] [#11]

Originally Posted By 5subslr5:

1) Dust cover

Why don't you guys add to this post and when you're completed I'll send it up to ArmaLite.

5sub

Flash suppressor();
Folding stock.
Link Posted: 1/24/2005 7:54:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Picatinny rail.
Link Posted: 1/24/2005 8:34:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hepcat85] [#13]

Originally Posted By Jacketch:
Picatinny rail.

ArmaLite might poo-poo upgrades since they would want to keep cost WAAAAY down. I think proposed changes to the basic design should be centered on material or parts, like the 3 great suggestions made by AndrewB (AKA HighSpeed ).

1) Dust cover (Depends on which way ArmaLite decides to go, soft cover or rigid.)

2) Reshaping the guide rods to a diamond cross-section (not an expensive addition for ArmaLite)

3) Increasing the strength of the recoil springs (not an expensive addition for ArmaLite)

-plus

4) Chrome lined barrel (not a deal breaker IMHO - Like Clint McKee at Fulton says; "Steel is for accuracy, chrome is for a bullet hose") Again, just an opinon.

5) ?????????

..A RAS, rail on the reciever or birdecage FH would probably be extra.

Question for yekimak: Do you notice the recoil is less with your birdcage vesus the stock brake?
Link Posted: 1/24/2005 9:58:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AndrewB] [#14]
Actually, a better design for the guide rods might be to have the 'flats' that I ground into my guide rods run in a spiral around the rods instead of just running straight. (Think of the- *snip* Actually think like the carrier on a Sterling SMG; that's a better description.) Testing would be required to determine whether or not this would introduce further issues, as well as to determine whether or not this would have any added benefit.

I'm going to be ordering some more parts to experiment with. I'll post results here.

Oh yeah, definately push the chrome-lined barrel.

...suggestions made by AndrewB (AKA HighSpeed ).

Question for yekimak: Do you notice the recoil is less with your birdcage vesus the stock brake?

I might be able to offer some information on this subject as I have an A2 flash suppressor on my 180B: I've noticed that muzzle rise is greater both up and to the right with the A2 than with the old brake.

I'm thinking about playing around with a peel washer to get the A2 to snug up just to the right so that maybe the rifle will then recoil straight up.
Link Posted: 1/26/2005 1:46:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hepcat85] [#15]

Originally Posted By AndrewB:
Actually, a better design for the guide rods might be to have the 'flats' that I ground into my guide rods run in a spiral around the rods instead of just running straight. (
I'm going to be ordering some more parts to experiment with. I'll post results here.

Could you snap some pics?

Oh yeah, definately push the chrome-lined barrel.

I certainly wouldn't be against that. I just meant for me it's not a deal breaker.

...suggestions made by AndrewB (AKA HighSpeed ).

I guess I deserved that....

I'm thinking about playing around with a peel washer to get the A2 to snug up just to the right so that maybe the rifle will then recoil straight up.

Very interesting. Look forward to the results.

So, what are thinking for the cover? Rubber or Rigid?
Link Posted: 1/26/2005 11:20:44 PM EDT
[#16]

So, what are thinking for the cover? Rubber or Rigid?

Right now I'm thinking rubber.

I'm going to be playing around with some different sources for the rubber to try and find something that's tough enough to keep flapping back over the opening without wearing out, but pliable enough so that it doesn't drag too much on the bolt handle.

I think the trick may be in reshaping the bolt handle; specifically by making it non-rotating and then flattening the 'stem' so that it doesn't have to push the rubber so far out of the way. Then we might have problems with breaking bolt handles though... I might just have to grind up an old bolt (as in nut and bolt) or something to try this.

I'll post some pics of the guide rod modification as soon as I have something that looks a little more refined.
Link Posted: 1/27/2005 9:38:21 PM EDT
[#17]
why not try to make a dust cover similar to the original???
Link Posted: 1/30/2005 4:33:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hepcat85] [#18]
Just put the light on.

The CQB Sling could be a little more squared away, but it works fine. Pity no one makes a 3point for the 180Bravo.
Link Posted: 1/30/2005 5:22:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jacketch] [#19]
See here for Rooster Tac sling post #26 shows an AR180B.
Link Posted: 2/1/2005 10:02:24 AM EDT
[#20]

Originally Posted By Jacketch:
See here for Rooster Tac sling post #26 shows an AR180B.

Thanks, but it looks like it's hook up to the standard sling points, and I think the pistol grip location would cause the weapon to flip. That'a why I was looking for an "around-the-stock" type. Specter Gear doesn't make any AR180B slings.
Link Posted: 2/1/2005 10:42:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: desertmoon] [#21]

1) Dust cover

5sub

Hey 5sub, !!!

Okay, being totally constructive, because you know I love the 180, here's my list:

Aluminum lower.

Original style folding stock,  just a bit beefed up.  Face it, the original 180 had the best folding stock ever.  Not the best folding design in and of itself, but the STOCK was the cheese AND the crackers!!!

Old style crank.

Dust Cover.

Flash suppressor.

Chrome lined barrel. ( may not be important to some, and I understand that, but it IS important to me )

If Armalite ever does this, I promise I will be first in line to buy one!!!

5sub, I have noticed on the new 180B's that I have handled, all of them seem to have a REALLY short front sight....my 180 ( and I am sure yours ) has a very proper and standard height front sight...what gives with that???

ALSO:  to everybody who has shown off their rigs....nice work, all of you!

Link Posted: 2/1/2005 10:54:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Hey chaps ~ FYI

Josh, the crafty fellow who I purchased my Armalite Ar-18/180 Q/D Scope Mount has a new web page, here it is: www.stormwerkz.com

Link Posted: 2/1/2005 10:56:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Thanks desertmoon

Good suggestions too.

So, how about we try and tackle one of these? Like the dust cover. Anyone?
Link Posted: 2/1/2005 12:57:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Urban_Ops] [#24]
If  Pete Fliess has any of the original covers left it would be a small matter to Tig weld the unit in place. I am installing the old style handle this weekend, basically milling a little slot in the carrier for the tab on the crank to keep it from rotating.  Last week I ended up replacing my short front site with an old A1 type.
It seems everyone wants a folding stock. I have old and new Ar-180's and the new stock is so much more sturdy, but doesn't have the cool factor. I am going to cut the locating plug off the rear of the reciever and make an ace adaptor and an alumimum bolt-on plug for when I want to use the original stock again.
Those are my plans for the weekend as well as crank out a couple free float tube protos.
Josh
Link Posted: 2/1/2005 2:16:34 PM EDT
[#25]

Originally Posted By desertmoon:

1) Dust cover

5sub

Hey 5sub, !!!

Okay, being totally constructive, because you know I love the 180, here's my list:

Aluminum lower.

Original style folding stock,  just a bit beefed up.  Face it, the original 180 had the best folding stock ever.  Not the best folding design in and of itself, but the STOCK was the cheese AND the crackers!!!

Old style crank.

Dust Cover.

Flash suppressor.

Chrome lined barrel. ( may not be important to some, and I understand that, but it IS important to me )

5sub, I have noticed on the new 180B's that I have handled, all of them seem to have a REALLY short front sight....my 180 ( and I am sure yours ) has a very proper and standard height front sight...what gives with that???

Got the list and I'll pass things along soon as everyone has their shot.

Understand about the front site.

EVERONE, PLEASE remember, this rifle......this AR-180B was 'introduced' with a retail of $549 !!   Now ArmaLite knew they couldn't afford to sell many at $549 and that a price increase was always in the cards BUT this was not to be a high-dollar rifle.  We gotta be careful with our want/need list not to price ourselves out of the niche market.

5sub
Link Posted: 2/1/2005 3:00:10 PM EDT
[#26]

1) Dust cover

hepcat, you seem to be staying close to this topic and have some good ideas.

Now AFTER the flattery, how about a little more work from you !!  What about doing a summary of desired enhancements - with input from all - and then putting a price you're willing to pay for the enhancements - again with input from all  ??

5sub
Link Posted: 2/1/2005 10:05:36 PM EDT
[#27]
I vote for a picatinny rail instead of the dovetailed plate.

--Ottergt
Link Posted: 2/1/2005 11:07:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hepcat85] [#28]

1) Dust cover

5sub

Hey 5sub, !!!

Aluminum lower.

Old style crank.

Dust Cover.

Flash suppressor.

Got the list and I'll pass things along soon as everyone has their shot.

Understand about the front site.

EVERYONE, PLEASE remember, this rifle......this AR-180B was 'introduced' with a retail of $549 !!   Now ArmaLite knew they couldn't afford to sell many at $549 and that a price increase was always in the cards BUT this was not to be a high-dollar rifle.  We gotta be careful with our want/need list not to price ourselves out of the niche market.

5sub

Aye 5sub....that was my earlier point. Some of the improvements are feasible while keeping the potential price increase low while others are most likely beyond the price point of the rifle.

TIER ONE ~  These are the practical items that improve reliability. a) Dust cover, b) reshaped guide rods and c)stronger springs. These are VERY affordable and shouldn't require a huge price bump.

TIER TWO ~ These are the naughty AWB items. Though we'd all love to see a flash hider and folder, odds are that's an area were Armalite may not tread: Lemme explain. The 180Bravo is an inexpensive bare bones rifle. Keeping costs down is a large concern. So adding items like flash hiders and folding stocks would only open Armalite to issues if a ban returns and then they are stuck. I'm not saying that's the way it should be, it just seems to make good business sense to stay the course. Let AFTER MARKET vendors sell Armalite sanctioned kits that can be purchased if desired. INTERESTING NOTE: It was noticed by a previous poster (sorry I don't recall the name, but I'm on a roll here) who had a FH added that it increased recoil. So if the Armalite Muzzle Break works, why lose it? (Asthetics aside...)
You'd also have to figure if you're Armalite, you know that the cats who are buying the 180Bravo care about design and function over asthetics anyway, so that's another reason to leave it to a sanctioned 3rd party vendor.  

Then we come to those items that we'd love to see but are most likely too costly for Armalite's bean counters.

TIER THREE ~  Chrome barrel,  picatinny railed upper and Aluminum lower.

These would break the bank. The barrel maybe not, it could be an option...hell, it could be an option that has the birdcage FH on it to. They could kill 2 birds with one stone. I don't think the picatinny rail will happen as a machined part of the upper....as an addition sure, but the expense of adding it vesus simply making something like what Stormwerkz offers, to me it's a no brainer. The Alum lower would be far too much cost.

TIER FOUR ~ Accessories......

Here they could really make a killing. They could license manufacturers to make accessories. That would cut costs. The trick would be to convince a manufacturer or two to cover several of these desired items. Devlope a RAS or similar. Maybe something with FOBUS. I know, I know, I'm not a big fan of a synthetic RAS, but it beats them doing nothing.  Maybe sell the rifle without integral sights? If a rail is added to the rear and the "gas block", detachable IRONs would open it up to whatever the user desires. Same for the stock. How about a FAUX BUFFER TUBE to allow the millions of AR stocks to be added? Screw the folder, how about a VLTOR? Maybe a segmented tube that could use spacers to allow CAR stocks as well as A2s.

Okay.........I'm done. It's sleepy time.

Tell me what you lads think of the above.

Hep
Link Posted: 2/2/2005 12:24:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: yekimak] [#29]
Link Posted: 2/2/2005 9:39:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Ummm, okay. Any details?

www.gunblast.com/images/SHOT2005/Day2/DSC06312.jpg

Your prayers have been answered.

Link Posted: 2/2/2005 10:19:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: desertmoon] [#31]
5sub, good point on the affordability factor.  I absolute understand that Armalite wants to put out a piece that the average Joe can afford and I salute them for that attempt.  In fact, maybe the 180B should stay that way as it IS a way to intoduce folks to our style of weapons at an affordable price.  How about this:  have a second tier 180 that is built for the guys like us who want a REALLY HARDCORE 180 style gun.

Dude, do you have any idea how much I would LOVE a souped up, hardcore modern 180????   I'd take that over a current M96 ANY DAY, and remember, I like the current M96 quite a bit.

The since the reciever dimensions already exist, the CNC code would be fairly easy to write, the use of the AR-15 components and mags, in this instance continues to make the 180 economical to build.  A seperate production line for the dustcover assembly work shouldn't be all to hard to add and it's a fairly quick process.  Not to mention, doesn't Armalite HAVE the original 180 prints??  There again, much of the work has already been done!

Beef up the folding hinge by about 1mm all the way around and securely bolt it to the rear of the lower and you've probably already improved the folding setup from the original by 100 percent.

Toss in a chrome lined barrel with the original style FS and you have ONE HELL OF A SETUP!!!!

Now, for the last:

a 16 inch CARBINE!!!!!

sweeeeeeet!!!!
Link Posted: 2/2/2005 5:54:52 PM EDT
[#32]

5sub, good point on the affordability factor.  I absolute understand that Armalite wants to put out a piece that the average Joe can afford and I salute them for that attempt.  In fact, maybe the 180B should stay that way as it IS a way to intoduce folks to our style of weapons at an affordable price.  How about this:  have a second tier 180 that is built for the guys like us who want a REALLY HARDCORE 180 style gun.

Dude, do you have any idea how much I would LOVE a souped up, hardcore modern 180????   I'd take that over a current M96 ANY DAY, and remember, I like the current M96 quite a bit.

The since the reciever dimensions already exist, the CNC code would be fairly easy to write, the use of the AR-15 components and mags, in this instance continues to make the 180 economical to build.  A seperate production line for the dustcover assembly work shouldn't be all to hard to add and it's a fairly quick process.  Not to mention, doesn't Armalite HAVE the original 180 prints??  There again, much of the work has already been done!

Beef up the folding hinge by about 1mm all the way around and securely bolt it to the rear of the lower and you've probably already improved the folding setup from the original by 100 percent.

Toss in a chrome lined barrel with the original style FS and you have ONE HELL OF A SETUP!!!!

Now, for the last:

a 16 inch CARBINE!!!!!

sweeeeeeet!!!!

Interesting..............

5sub
Link Posted: 2/2/2005 8:45:58 PM EDT
[#33]

Ummm, okay. Any details?

No Answers yet on the details.  On the Armalite forums there are some old posts saying that Armalite is working on the flat top, but I have not seen Armalite posting either their or here for months now.  

From the looks of it ther front sight is removeable and the flash suppressor looks (I may be wrong) integral.

the 180b is  a fun gun, it just pisses me off that Armalite does not push it to its logical conclusion, and with all the trouble they have had with QC on it, the darn thing just seems to be a dead end...again...
Link Posted: 2/2/2005 11:49:11 PM EDT
[#34]

Ummm, okay. Any details?

No Answers yet on the details.  On the Armalite forums there are some old posts saying that Armalite is working on the flat top, but I have not seen Armalite posting either their or here for months now.  

From the looks of it ther front sight is removeable and the flash suppressor looks (I may be wrong) integral.

the 180b is  a fun gun, it just pisses me off that Armalite does not push it to its logical conclusion, and with all the trouble they have had with QC on it, the darn thing just seems to be a dead end...again...

Very true! Very good point Yek..............

At this point, I'm not trading mine in for a "New" 180 that simply has a Flat top and removable sights. Screw that.....I got my rail, I'm happy.

At this point I'd love to come up with some simple mods that increase reliability, like the before mentioned TIER ONE items.
Link Posted: 2/4/2005 2:48:25 PM EDT
[#35]

FYI.   5sub

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ArmaLiteSales
Post Number :: 894

IL, USA

User Info     IM User     Email User     Reply     Quote  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The flattop model AR-180B rifles should be available mid-summer, with a suggested retail of $750.

ArmaLite Sales
Link Posted: 2/5/2005 12:03:17 AM EDT
[#36]

FYI.   5sub

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ArmaLiteSales
Post Number :: 894

IL, USA

User Info     IM User     Email User     Reply     Quote  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The flattop model AR-180B rifles should be available mid-summer, with a suggested retail of $750.

ArmaLite Sales

Thanks for the info...........................but is that all it is? A flat top? No other improvements?
Link Posted: 2/5/2005 6:07:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Gentlepeople,
still NEED some help.  Which additions do you feel are the most important AND how much are you willing to pay ??

Ex.  My primaries are:  Flattop, chrome lined, dust cover, rail friendly and a good folding stock in a carbine (16") config. and I'm willing to pay $899.

Others ???

5sub
Link Posted: 2/5/2005 8:56:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5subslr5] [#38]
www.angelfire.com/sk3/volkarmorycustoms/index.html

The dealer at the link above SEEMS to have a rail for the AR-180B.  I've not confirmed this for sure but will next week.  I'm certain that some Canadian had put a RAS on his AR-180B but am not certain this is the person.

5sub

Just noticed the photo gallery and saw the AR-180B with Predator 12X RIS.

Anyone know anything about the Predator RIS ??
Link Posted: 2/5/2005 9:03:10 PM EDT
[#39]

Ummm, okay. Any details?

The 180b at shot show had the Picatinny rail top, threaded A2 flash suppressor, and no front sight.  (picatinny gas block)  The best part is its the same price as the old one.
Link Posted: 2/6/2005 1:18:11 AM EDT
[#40]

Gentlepeople,
still NEED some help.  Which additions do you feel are the most important AND how much are you willing to pay ??

Ex.  My primaries are:  Flattop, chrome lined, dust cover, rail friendly and a good folding stock in a carbine (16") config. and I'm willing to pay $899.

Others ???

5sub

I'm interested in ADDING to my rifle rather than buying another. I'd need something dramatic, like they ditch the sheetmetal AND have an A2 stock adapter. I can live without chrome for a multiplicity of reasons....Thanks to Sturmwerkz I don't need a flat top....frankly, I HATE folding stocks.....so that leaves a dustcover.  
Link Posted: 2/6/2005 3:34:20 PM EDT
[#41]

www.angelfire.com/sk3/volkarmorycustoms/index.html

The dealer at the link above SEEMS to have a rail for the AR-180B.  I've not confirmed this for sure but will next week.  I'm certain that some Canadian had put a RAS on his AR-180B but am not certain this is the person.

5sub

Just noticed the photo gallery and saw the AR-180B with Predator 12X RIS.

Anyone know anything about the Predator RIS ??

These guys, and several others have put on ar15 forends.   They drill and tap the front trunnion of an ar180b and modify some parts.  Check the forums on the armalite website, there is an expanation somewhere there on it.
Link Posted: 2/6/2005 4:03:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Urban_Ops] [#42]
I am putting an original dust cover on my 180b. I pulled the barrel and threaded it last night, looks great. I put an A2 flash-hider with the forehead thumper tip on it.  

pic of threaded barrel
Link Posted: 2/7/2005 11:45:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: hepcat85] [#43]
Here's the pic....

Here's a close up....

Looks good. Well done.

Hep
Link Posted: 2/9/2005 12:57:39 PM EDT
[#44]

Originally Posted By Urban_Ops:
I am putting an original dust cover on my 180b. I pulled the barrel and threaded it last night, looks great. I put an A2 flash-hider with the forehead thumper tip on it.  

pic of threaded barrel

Is barrel threading a service you'll be offering?
Link Posted: 2/9/2005 4:05:09 PM EDT
[#45]
I have been thinking of offering the service but hate to cut into Pete Fleis' line of work.
Also  2 different methods have been used on the 180bravo to attach the barrel. The rifles I have threaded up to this point have been the later models without the lock nut on the barrel, similar to the pre-ban 180's.
How many people are interested in the service?  haven't set a price yet but under $100 for sure.
[email protected]
Link Posted: 2/11/2005 11:51:37 PM EDT
[#46]
btt
Link Posted: 2/12/2005 6:09:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Urban_Ops] [#47]
Got the prototype ace adapter finished, should be in production in about a week.   just a couple refinements and it will be on the StormWerkz website.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v716/josh54880/DSCF0032.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v716/josh54880/DSCF0025.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v716/josh54880/DSCF0024.jpg
Link Posted: 2/12/2005 5:02:28 PM EDT
[#48]

Got the prototype ace adapter finished, should be in production in about a week.   just a couple refinements and it will be on the stormwerkz website.
img.photobucket.com/albums/v716/josh54880/DSCF0032.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v716/josh54880/DSCF0025.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v716/josh54880/DSCF0024.jpg

Awesome job Josh. Well done.

Now how's about an A2 adapter so we can mount AR stocks???
Link Posted: 2/12/2005 6:41:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Urban_Ops] [#49]
Do you mean carbine stocks or A2 rifle buttstocks? The plan was to make 2 versions, one for the Ace sidefolders and one for the ar carbine stocks like the Vltor and SOPMOD. It may be a week or two before they are ready to ship. The adapters will be $35 each .
Josh
[email protected]
Link Posted: 2/13/2005 9:53:49 AM EDT
[#50]

Do you mean carbine stocks or A2 rifle buttstocks? The plan was to make 2 versions, one for the Ace sidefolders and one for the ar carbine stocks like the Vltor and SOPMOD. It may be a week or two before they are ready to ship. The adapters will be $35 each .
Josh
[email protected]

I'd be interested in a carbine adapter. But I'd also be interested in an A2. Y'know, for the long ACE & VLTOR stocks. Maybe I'm the only one?
Page / 21
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top