Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2017 8:47:11 PM EDT
Hey all, so i've been considering on getting started on my second build here in a couple months. Fixing on building a 300blk in either a 9in or 10.5in pistol configuration with plans to convert it to an sbr and slap a suppressor on it down the road. In terms of planning for parts and cost evaluation, i've heard about rosco manufacturing and after visiting their site, I found that their prices are rather attractive. Now, these barrels are not chrome lined nor CHF but nitride treated. The link to the specific barrel i've been eyeballing is here: https://www.roscomanufacturing.com/product/bloodline-10-5-300-blackout/
Does anyone own this brand or have any substantial experience with their products? Or should I just suck it up, and drop 250-300 on a quality brand as this rifle will eventually be SBR'ed and suppressed? Thanks
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 10:50:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't know anything about them.  I've seen a couple people ask about them in gun forums lately but no personal experience.  

Personally, I would recommend:

Faxon:
https://www.righttobear.com/FAXON-FIREARMS-10-5-Gunner-300-BLK-Pistol-Lengt-p/15a38p10ngq.htm

or

Ballistic Advantage

https://www.righttobear.com/Ballistic-Advantage-10-3-300-Blackout-Hanson-Ba-p/babl300007f.htm

If you watch RTB for their deal of the day you can get even better deals on these barrels.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:00:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Chances are they are made by another company. Wilson barrels produce a lot of barrels for other companies, Also Ballistic Advantage do as well. I would also recommend the BA or Faxon. My .300blk has the BA 10.5 barrel. I got it from RTB as well. Then run great sales on BA and faxon.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:17:43 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks for those recommendations, i've heard great things about faxon so I might just go with them
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:20:19 PM EDT
[#4]
They're actually an OEM manufacturer, which means they make their barrels in house from scratch and sell to other firearms companies. Which is exactly why I was asking, i'm trying to do some research on who their clients are, i'll keep yall posted if I find anything reliable.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 9:54:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 12:57:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They're actually an OEM manufacturer, which means they make their barrels in house from scratch and sell to other firearms companies. Which is exactly why I was asking, i'm trying to do some research on who their clients are, i'll keep yall posted if I find anything reliable.
View Quote
Do you work for them?

I have never heard of them.  And no I would not buy one.  Get yourself an FN, Daniel Defense, Green Mountain, Faxon, or BA.  

Palmetto premium and CHF are FN barrels for a good price.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 2:47:59 PM EDT
[#7]
No, I don't but it states they're an OEM manufacturer on their website. I checked their website out after coming across this video https://youtu.be/9XYTR0kDkCY and thus got intrigued. I have the PSA FN barrel on my 16 inch mid length on my first build but I want to venture out with other brands for the sake of having a diversified experience with brands. Unless someone can add something really substantial about rosco, I'm pretty dead set on Faxon.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 5:43:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 7:08:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Just go with a Ballistic Advantage or a Faxon and be done with it, I have never heard of that company and I have bought a lot of barrels over the years.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:14:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for all the advice, Faxon it is.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:50:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top