Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2017 11:32:22 AM EDT
I saw an article a little while back saying that the US mil would be starting to adopt M-Lok over keymod, but it made no mention on which specific rail systems would be adopted and who makes them. I one day want to make a Block II clone, but the damn FDE RIS II rails cost a fortune for no aparent reason. I'm thinking about maybe trying to skip Block II and going to Block III if such a thing even exists

Do any other manufacturers make rails that have a mil cage code and are being deployed on any M4A1s? I saw some Geissele M-Lok rails in pics on the Block II thread so was hopeful.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 2:55:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 10:01:30 PM EDT
[#2]
First off, that news wasn't that the military was going to be adopting an M-lok rail system, just that they determined that M-lok was the preferred system over Keymod. Second, it wasn't the regular military that did those tests, it was NSWC-Crane. SOCOM, not any branch of the military, was who selected M-lok for new procurements. This doesn't mean they're buying any particular M-lok rail system to replace what they already have, it just means that it will be the preferred system on future buys.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 5:49:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the corrections! Yes, I do understand it won't be replacing the ris, but I was hoping that they had decided on a rail already and had planned to start procurement for future buys. Does anyone happen to know anything on this? I know it's general at this point, but there must be particular m-lok rails they've started authorizing and working to get a NSN for.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 12:17:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Patience.  Word is not out yet.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 12:43:36 AM EDT
[#5]
if they have any sense then they will geissele all the things.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 2:18:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Are there any rumors at least? Even if nothing has been announced, it seems strange that details of what they're testing haven't surfaced. Maybe they really are keeping it tightly under wraps, but there surely must be something.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 7:22:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Assume G.
It's a safe guess.
Couple of pics floating around of some tier 1 looking guys with G rails on 416s...so there's that I guess.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 1:02:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:59:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Those may be our HK M LOK  rails . Our 416 rails are being tested by several branches and have been adopted by one Fed agency so far.
thats all I can say.

Troy
MI
View Quote
These aren't your rails, are they?

ETA: Didn't know you guys are a Women-Owned Small Business. Contracts for the DOE and AK rails for the DOD.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:01:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top