Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/24/2017 7:14:30 AM EDT
I'm a lefty, and had issues during a carbine course with fast mag changes with the standard mag release.

I stumbled upon a new vendor/website offering an ambidextrous magazine release that is very similar to the Norgon unit, at a fraction of the price.  With the black oxide and mil-spec finish versions on sale at $19.95 each, currently with free shipping, I figured what the heck, I'll give it a try.

Very much a "thumbs-up" product.  Flawless finish, drop-in replacement, and smooth function.  I ordered 2, and will be ordering 2 more for other ARs in my safe while they are on sale.  There are other colors at $34.95, IIRC.

Fast service, and the owner (Justin) telephoned to make sure the order was "right."  Sounds like he's been in the firearms business for quite some time, but is just now getting his website up for his own line of products.

Full disclosure:  I have no relationship with Justin.  He offered to give me a discount code for referrals from social media to use, but I'm not a social media maven.  Nice to get the offer, though.  He also threw in a braided recoil spring for me to try.  Apparently I was the first person to place an order at his new website, and obviously he'd like to get the word out.  That said, while I could be bought with enough zeros behind the first number, a free braided recoil spring ain't enough -- if I had/have any problems, I will immediately post the facts.  At this point, though, I have nothing but positives to report, and I wish him well.  

I'm looking forward to trying out the braided spring to see how it performs, both cycling function and noise.  After finally receiving my SBR tax stamp and getting my Liberty Mystic X out of NFA jail. last week I took my 300 Blackout build out.  With the suppressor, even shooting supers the "twang" from the standard recoil was surprisingly loud.  I'm quite curious to see whether the braided wire suppresses the harmonics and dampens the twang.  I'll follow up with a report.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 7:50:23 AM EDT
[#1]
You cost me $19.
I did a review of the top three mag releases awhile back, Ambidextrous magazine release comparison
The Norgon was my favorite by far. Hoping this one works just as well.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 7:13:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the feedback. I just ordered a couple to try out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top