Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/22/2017 2:09:36 PM EDT
OK, it isn't a complete build. A completed upper and an Anderson stripped lower.

The recent memorial day sale at Delta Team Tactical had a 16" 5.56 1:7 complete upper w/chg handle (no BCG), complete LPK with FCG, pistol grip, and a decent stock w/spring and buffer (Trinity Force Alpha) for $219! Since I scored 2 of the $29 Anderson stripped lowers, I ordered 2 sets of this.

I wasn't expecting much TBH. $219, and DTT had some not so positive reviews regarding loose gas blocks and long waits for the goods. Emailed them and told them of my concerns regarding the gas blocks, I was assured they would be properly mounted. They are. But It did take a full 3 weeks from order to get my parts. From other sources, I also ordered Fail Zero NiB BCG's on sale, some Seekins trim (red FA, Mag release, selector and AFG) a lil Magpul goodness (MOE+ grip, QD sling attach, and pic rail sling mnt), a red Strike Force CH, Geissele SSA-E trigger, and  Bushnell red dots and 3x magnifiers.

It all went together beautifully. The upper is not tight on the lower, but not sloppy by any means. Very tiny amount of movement. Everything fits perfectly. I was overall VERY surprised at the quality of this upper. Fit and finish is very nice, love the handguard too. Most importantly, after cleaning and lubing everything, I took it out to sight the optics. VERY nice rifle. Even with my astigmatism which gives me THREE red dots using the magnifier (a bit of a slash without), I was getting MOA 3 shot groups as I zero'd. Very nice looking barrel, inscribed with cal and twist, and I like that! Great idea as my library of uppers grows.

So hell yeah, I would buy from them again. If you aren't in a hurry, and you ask them to double check torque, etc., they will.

As far as customer service, one of the Trinity's had not enough meat on the buffer tube thread. Castle nut was sloppy. They didn't hesitate to offer a replacement and emailed me a pre-paid Fedex label to return. They didn't inconvenience me by waiting for the old one either, they shipped the new buttstock out as soon as they got confirmation the old had been picked up.

Thanks OP who highlighted this deal alet!  It turned out, imho, to be a VERY VERY good deal. I like their stuff a lot.

All told, these totaled $913 each with EVERYTHING, including the SSA-E trigger. A couple of very nice guest loaners, that I will probably give to my sons once my NFA stuff clears hurdles.

Link Posted: 6/22/2017 6:09:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top