Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2017 9:15:44 PM EDT
I purchased this free float drop in rail from Troy. Well the bayonet lug is spaced from the rail you can see light. but one of the end cap sides are touching and when I grab the end of the rail and pull it to me I'm pulling the rail to the bayonet lug. Should I file down these 2 points
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 8:53:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Please post a photo.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 9:10:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Can't atm I'm at work but I will also the rail flexes at the or seems to flex near the muzzle. When I pull the rifle to me I guess, I'm pulling the rail upward at the end and it makeing contact with the bayonet lug.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 9:22:05 AM EDT
[#3]

(NOT OPs UPPER - stock photo)

I would imagine you should just leave it.. everything looks covered, if it comes together then it comes together.
you're never going to get the rigidity from a drop in rail that you will from a free float rail, IMO.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 9:43:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Will this atleast improve accuracy or deminish. As far at touching the lug I have to pull the rail 2 it. And the barrel moves freely enough
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 10:22:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Also I emailed Troy and the said iv done something wrong but I physically don't see how when theirs 4 bolts.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 12:50:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 1:01:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 1:10:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Ty so much for replying I'll try that any other options will help
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 9:08:19 AM EDT
[#9]
..as far as accuracy is concerned, it's a drop in, it's never going to be as stable as something that's mounted to the receiver, and therefore, it will always be less accurate.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 1:51:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
..as far as accuracy is concerned, it's a drop in, it's never going to be as stable as something that's mounted to the receiver, and therefore, it will always be less accurate.
View Quote
Not really.  Even though it's a drop in, it is a "free float" handguard, and although I'm not entirely familiar with Troy's attachment method, I do have experience with the DD Omega and it's very secure for being a "drop in FF" option.  There shouldn't be much, if any, difference provided the rail securely mounts to the barrel nut and doesn't touch the barrel.  

OP, I'd try playing around with how the rail attaches to the barrel nut to see if you did something wrong or if you can tweak it so the rail is no longer contacting any portion of the barrel/FSB.  Based off your other thread, where it appears the rail is somehow contacting your handguard cap, it sounds like the rail isn't all the way seated up against the barrel nut.  If you look at the picture posted in this thread, there should be a decent amount of space between the handguard and the cap.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 5:56:11 AM EDT
[#11]
I have the triangle end cap. I read some were else it was touching slightly on some one else's rail 2. Everything looks lined up it was still touching so I bent the end cap lol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top