BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 10:10:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do it. They're so cheap that you can't go wrong. If you don't like it, then put it on the EE.  I'll probably buy it from you. 
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 12:40:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Now my delivery has been rescheduled for Tuesday.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 12:52:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote
Dammit.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 1:21:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
It's not the company but the mix of FedEx Ground and USPS.  Optics Planet set me a scope that way. Was two days to the Dallas area in Texas and then a week going to 5 different towns in Texas including going to Houston.

Priority Mail is just about always 2 days, same with UPS with Midway it is worth the extra $5 to go UPS all the way.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 1:52:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It's not the company but the mix of FedEx Ground and USPS.  Optics Planet set me a scope that way. Was two days to the Dallas area in Texas and then a week going to 5 different towns in Texas including going to Houston.

Priority Mail is just about always 2 days, same with UPS with Midway it is worth the extra $5 to go UPS all the way.
View Quote
My past (and present ... obviously, haha) experiences with "Sure Post" shipping match what you described.

The order from DTT was shipped free so I can't, and am not, complaining. However, how difficult is it to establish and maintain an accurate delivery day.  I'm not in a hurry but schedule range and testing around product deliveries.

My freezer and range will be here when they arrive.

Oh; and I agree. When given the option I always spend the extra couple of dollars to upgrade shipping.  My time (watching tracking) has some value!
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 5:39:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
My past (and present ... obviously, haha) experiences with "Sure Post" shipping match what you described.

The order from DTT was shipped free so I can't, and am not, complaining. However, how difficult is it to establish and maintain an accurate delivery day.  I'm not in a hurry but schedule range and testing around product deliveries.

Oh; and I agree. When given the option I always spend the extra couple of dollars to upgrade shipping.  My time (watching tracking) has some value!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now if you wanted to see Texas just ship yourself 'Sure Post' you'll go on an entire tour of Texas.

FedEx Ground leaves a bit to be desired, I never order powder or primers and have FedEx Ground ship it. Since I have to sign for it,I request to get it delivered after 2 PM, FedEx guy leaves a tag he was there between 10-10:30. UPS is earliest at 4 PM, plus if I'm not there he knows which neighbors to sign for it and leaves it with them.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 6:55:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Received my stock the other day. Compared it to my B5 Bravo, it's heavier (naturally since the bravo doesn't have storage)
Plastic feels on par with it, and is about as thick. QD Slind Mount does not have anti-rotation, but that isn't a huge deal to me. It has a little more wobble than the B5. Tested on Spike's Tactical and Anderson buffer tubes.

Even if this isn't as good as an actual SOPMOD, it still seems alot better than a standard CAR stock for the price. I'm most likely going to use it on a SOPMOD Block 2 clone. Primary arms just came out with a new 30mm advanced red dot, so It's going to be one hell of a budget build.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 9:13:24 PM EDT
[#8]
A difference I noticed on one I bought from a different supplier was the buffer tube. It had threads left full height further back on the tube than a standard tube did. You could not swap stocks to other types as the top of the stock would hit the high tube threads and not close completely.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:37:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Stocks were delivered yesterday per the revised revised revised schedule.

DTT = 12.0 ounces
B5 Enhanced = 11.625 ounces
LMT Gen 2 = 11.75 ounces

B5 & LMT have same size / configuration of cross-pin-thru-the-nut holding the adjustment lever in place.
DTT has a much smaller / weaker LOOKING pin / nut.

DTT uses orange seals on the storage tubes (use to be a way to telling a real LMT from a fake...)

B5 & LMT use much more robust storage tube retention method.
DTT uses tiny "nub" of plastic that fits in a hole.

B5 & LMT fit snug on RE.
DTT fits looser on same RE.

There are cosmetic differences too.

I compared 2 real LMT and 2 real B5 against several DTT.

Destructive testing begins tomorrow.  I will not post those results.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 11:34:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Stocks were delivered yesterday per the revised revised revised schedule.

DTT = 12.0 ounces
B5 Enhanced = 11.625 ounces
LMT Gen 2 = 11.75 ounces

B5 & LMT have same size / configuration of cross-pin-thru-the-nut holding the adjustment lever in place.
DTT has a much smaller / weaker LOOKING pin / nut.

DTT uses orange seals on the storage tubes (use to be a way to telling a real LMT from a fake...)

B5 & LMT use much more robust storage tube retention method.
DTT uses tiny "nub" of plastic that fits in a hole.

B5 & LMT fit snug on RE.
DTT fits looser on same RE.

There are cosmetic differences too.

I compared 2 real LMT and 2 real B5 against several DTT.

Destructive testing begins tomorrow.  I will not post those results.
View Quote
Thank you for making my mind up.....
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 2:42:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Thank you for making my mind up.....
View Quote
You're welcome.

Based upon my preliminary testing...pay for a $20 stock...get a $20 stock
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 2:47:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Based upon my preliminary testing...pay for a $20 stock...get a $20 stock
View Quote
Almost always the case for me.

Interested in destructive testing, if you are so inclined to post?

I am thinking of doing some on receiver extensions and M4 waffle stocks. Trying to decide which rifle will be the test subject.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 3:32:11 AM EDT
[#13]
I would like to see some destructive testing results. I have to disagree with the $20 stock gets you a $20 stock. Yea the battery tubes are held in with nubs. BUT the B5 enhanced and the cheap ones both need to be removed from the extension to pull the tubes out. As long as they are secure and water proof that's all I care about. The texture is rougher,  but I view that as a good thing. I totally agree with the locking mechanism though. That's why I am in for the destructive test....
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:23:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I would like to see some destructive testing results. I have to disagree with the $20 stock gets you a $20 stock. Yea the battery tubes are held in with nubs. BUT the B5 enhanced and the cheap ones both need to be removed from the extension to pull the tubes out. As long as they are secure and water proof that's all I care about. The texture is rougher,  but I view that as a good thing. I totally agree with the locking mechanism though. That's why I am in for the destructive test....
View Quote
Tubes on this stock aren't going anywhere if it is attached to the buffer tube.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top