BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 4:26:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks. I am leaning towards the Geissele Super Tricon but I will give the Wilson trigger a look. Thanks again
View Quote
I had to Wilson TTU-Single Stage in my first AR. It was lighter than advertised and consistent. My 2nd rifle has a Geissele SD-C w/ and SD-E hammer spring. I found that I like 2 stage triggers more. The first stage uptake helps me indicate when the rifle will go pop. A bit of added assurance IMO.... May come down to a single stage vs 2 stage preference. Both are premium choices.

Those Geissele triggers should be on sale, 4th of July weekend!
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 9:26:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I most likely will go with the super tricon as I am use to the two stage trigger pull of my ssa-e. If I don't like it as much I'll just swap em out. Thanks for the heads up on the 4th of July sale!
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 9:27:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Does anyone know of any other July 4th sales?
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 2:51:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I've never owned a Geissele, have shot one of their 2 stages (SSA-E) and really liked it. I might grab one if there is a good price coming up. The Wilson is solid all round for me. I prefer 2 stage for long shooting, hands down. I like single stage for close to medium and fast shooting. If I had to choose one style over the other, I'd pick a single stage, fairly light (4lb or less), super crisp break. That's my happy compromise for one trigger to rule them all. All that being said, my 3-gun esque rifle has an AR Gold. Sooo many good triggers out there...
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 2:53:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Agreed, might come down to single or 2 stage preference! I went back and forth for years. Now I like single stage best. Or maybe I should try 2-stage again...the vicious cycle.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:10:15 AM EDT
[#6]
I wish I could buy a hand full of different triggers and just swap them out every now and then until I find the one I like the most. Now that would be nice
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 4:29:18 AM EDT
[#7]
I just started trying everything and anything I could get my hands on when I started building rifles, and that let me kind of narrow down some choices. Still need to try a Timney and the Geissele. Talk to people at the range, see what they got. Most folks will let you fire a couple rounds if you ask nice, I find. That way you don't need to jump in with zero experience.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 10:51:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Just got my Super Tricon in the mail today and man I actually really like it. I mean I knew I wouldn't be disappointed but, somehow it seams smoother than my SSA-E (maybe due to the heavier weight?) I really like the trigger profile and from just 10 minutes of playing with it, I think I may actually like it better than my SSA-E.
Though the SSA-E may be better suited for more long range target applications due to its SLIGHTLY lighter trigger pull, I don't see any reason the Super Tricon wouldn't do well at it. I emphasize slightly lighter because though you can tell it is that one pound heavier durring the first stage pull, the trigger profile seems to make it feel about the same at the break.

I definitely believe I made the right trigger decision for this home defense / hunting / target / all around shooting build. Extremely happy with it! This will not be my last Super Tricon trigger.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 6:43:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just got my Super Tricon in the mail today and man I actually really like it. I mean I knew I wouldn't be disappointed but, somehow it seams smoother than my SSA-E (maybe due to the heavier weight?) I really like the trigger profile and from just 10 minutes of playing with it, I think I may actually like it better than my SSA-E.
Though the SSA-E may be better suited for more long range target applications due to its SLIGHTLY lighter trigger pull, I don't see any reason the Super Tricon wouldn't do well at it. I emphasize slightly lighter because though you can tell it is that one pound heavier durring the first stage pull, the trigger profile seems to make it feel about the same at the break.

I definitely believe I made the right trigger decision for this home defense / hunting / target / all around shooting build. Extremely happy with it! This will not be my last Super Tricon trigger.
View Quote
I was close to getting the Super Tricon. I decided on the SD-C, since it looked more "tacticool" lol. Honestly, I knew that if I wanted to go lighter, I could 100% use the SD-E spring, I already own.

I do like the jimping/serrations on the ST. 
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top