Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2017 6:52:03 PM EDT
This one is probably 6 years old and on a work gun so it has seen a lot of use.  Not really sure what happened yesterday.  I was shooting and the ch started bouncing off my nose.  Snapped the little hook on the latch.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 6:57:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope, never have broke anyone's charging handle and I have been carrying this platform of gun since I went in the service in '79
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 6:58:16 PM EDT
[#2]
unpossible

Yeah, i can buy the hook breaking.... about the weakest part there......
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 6:58:50 PM EDT
[#3]
First one I've seen too.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:54:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted: First one I've seen too.
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:54:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Weakest link. Bound to happen sometime.

I read a thread once where the end that slides over the gas key snapped off. Unsure of maker.

Never broke one myself.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:59:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I've seen a few break including one that fell off a work bench.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 9:45:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
This one is probably 6 years old and on a work gun so it has seen a lot of use.  Not really sure what happened yesterday.  I was shooting and the ch started bouncing off my nose.  Snapped the little hook on the latch. http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q242/WinnieTodd/20170526_152212.jpg
View Quote

Contact Bravo Company at [email protected] and they will take care of you...guaranteed.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 4:43:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Contact Bravo Company at [email protected] and they will take care of you...guaranteed.
View Quote
I think I will contact them.  I honestly don't expect them to replace it though.   Things wear out after a while.  I have no hard feelings towards them.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 5:21:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I think I will contact them.  I honestly don't expect them to replace it though.   Things wear out after a while.  I have no hard feelings towards them.
View Quote
That's why they have the reputation they have...

They're waiting to hear from you.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:28:13 PM EDT
[#10]
6yrs for the grand sum of $45 on a working rifle is one helluva deal...................
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 12:31:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've seen a few break including one that fell off a work bench.
View Quote
Yup.  Right directly on the latch which broke the roll pin.  I brought it BCM's attention

as a fighting charging handle weak point...and they addressed the issue with a much

improved design now.  BCM is all I use.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 6:39:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Got an email from bravo today with a return number.  They're replacing the charging handle.  Solid company.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 1:19:09 AM EDT
[#13]
You would think this would always be harmless, and I expect most of them are, but I saw a guy have his nose get all kinds of jacked up from his M16A2 when his latch broke.    Ran around looking like Rudolph the red nosed reindeer for about a week.

No idea how he managed that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top