Badass.

G fan club member
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 1:24:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 2:10:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Receiver Knife Snipers upper in.  The screws just were not tight enough.  I think they both went about another 1/4 turn.  The upper is good to go.

We didn't run it past the Tower of Power just took it apart and reassembled.  I did put a new barrel nut on because I scratched up the original one because I didn't back off the anti rotation screws enough.

WHG
View Quote
I don't believe it. You should send me a mk8 so I can see for myself
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 2:43:58 PM EDT
[#4]
So the whole time the problem was that the bolts weren't tight enough? Man, you think that would be something a guy could figure out on his own.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 3:15:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So the whole time the problem was that the bolts weren't tight enough? Man, you think that would be something a guy could figure out on his own.
View Quote
I was told over the phone something completely different by Dan at team G.

Please see my prior post.

Dan was great and explained the issue well over the phone, but he did not say i had it just loose. He said the forward bolt (towards the end of the barrel) was cross threaded and damaged.

Nevertheless, if its fixed its fixed.

I will report back when i get a chance to shoot the rifle and i have to finish drop testing the RV2.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 3:25:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I was told over the phone something completely different by Dan at team G.

Please see my prior post.

Nevertheless, when it gets here if it is fixed it is fixed. I will continue to use it for drop testing optics and report back.
View Quote
Interesting, i'll follow along and see what happens. I have an insane amount of faith and confidence in the products that the Geissele family puts out. I'm sure it'll all work out.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 3:29:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Interesting, i'll follow along and see what happens. I have an insane amount of faith and confidence in the products that the Geissele family puts out. I'm sure it'll all work out.
View Quote
Like i said, I wont dwell on it. Everyone I talked to at Geisselle was nice and professional.

If its done been fixed then its fixed.

I will follow up with everyone in a few weeks when i take this rifle back to the range.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 3:36:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 2:23:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Will your ALG rails hold up to the same abuse? I am looking to purchase one for my next build and am curious!
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 2:38:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
he could have gotten away with it too if it weren't for you meddling kids.....!!
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 10:46:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Like i said, I wont dwell on it. Everyone I talked to at Geisselle was nice and professional.

I will follow up with everyone in a few weeks when i take this rifle back to the range.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Geissele*
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 10:54:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Receiver Knife Snipers upper in.  The screws just were not tight enough.  I think they both went about another 1/4 turn.

WHG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Receiver Knife Snipers upper in.  The screws just were not tight enough.  I think they both went about another 1/4 turn.

WHG
But wait . . .

Quoted:
You will most likely have to use an inch-pound torque wrench such as a Snap On QD2R200.

WHG
Coincidence? I think not!
Go get the correct tools for the job!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:42:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Well any update? My guess is it's fixed or I'm sure we would have seen a new post by now.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:48:37 PM EDT
[#14]
I remember someone saying they were going to send the rail to Cola Warrior Classic.

You can send me a PM.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 2:51:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I remember someone saying they were going to send the rail to Cola Warrior Classic.

You can send me a PM.
View Quote
Its still sitting in the box shipped from G.

I am going to re-test it first, and when I am all done it will go to CW.

Link Posted: 6/28/2017 6:12:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Its still sitting in the box shipped from G.

I am going to re-test it first, and when I am all done it will go to CW.

View Quote
this has probably been one of the best customer service discussions I've seen in a long time
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 9:49:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

But wait . . .

Coincidence? I think not!
Go get the correct tools for the job!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/375144/IMG-1696-233444.JPG
View Quote
Amateur. . . Get with the program. . .

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 3:39:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Hit the range today. @gacs @sagmill

I took the upper right out of the box at the range.

A super duper precision extra item was in the box from Geissele.

New hardware was installed on the rail. Both a new barrel nut and new hardware. I re-marked the bolts with orange paint.

I proceeded to re-test the DI optical RV2 the same way i did before. Threw the rifle on the optic much harder than last time.

Also swung the rifle and RV2 like a baseball bat and hit a tree with it to ensure nothing shifted.

G Rail and timing marks did not move on me this time.

So who is a Soda Warrior match official who can receive the stripped upper for donation?

I saw Kaik mentioned the rail. If that's whats most important i can send the rail and the super duper precision thing that was included.

What you want guys, the stripped upper (barrel and mk4) or the rail and the (secret) super duper precision thing?

Kudos to G for including the super duper precision thing. Its nice.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 4:15:21 PM EDT
[#19]
@RustedAce

@kaik

@JoshAston

One of them will get you straightened out on who to send it to.  Thanks for the donation!  Do you have anything in mind for who should win it?  Prizes get to go where the sponsor wants them if they choose.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 7:49:21 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm sent.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 12:48:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Hit the range today. @gacs @sagmill

I took the upper right out of the box at the range.

A super duper precision extra item was in the box from Geissele.

New hardware was installed on the rail. Both a new barrel nut and new hardware. I re-marked the bolts with orange paint.

I proceeded to re-test the DI optical RV2 the same way i did before. Threw the rifle on the optic much harder than last time.

Also swung the rifle and RV2 like a baseball bat and hit a tree with it to ensure nothing shifted.

G Rail and timing marks did not move on me this time.

So who is a Soda Warrior match official who can receive the stripped upper for donation?

I saw Kaik mentioned the rail. If that's whats most important i can send the rail and the super duper precision thing that was included.

What you want guys, the stripped upper (barrel and mk4) or the rail and the (secret) super duper precision thing?

Kudos to G for including the super duper precision thing. Its nice.
View Quote
So you'll come to Cola Warrior Texas next year?
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 1:32:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
@RustedAce

@kaik

@JoshAston

One of them will get you straightened out on who to send it to.  Thanks for the donation!  Do you have anything in mind for who should win it?  Prizes get to go where the sponsor wants them if they choose.
View Quote
Best puke prize?
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 1:36:45 PM EDT
[#23]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@RustedAce

@kaik

@JoshAston

Best puke prize?
I've proudly won that award twice.

KS has chosen "Most Po'boy Rifle" for the award winner. http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1993781_-COLA-WARRIOR-CLASSIC-II-8-24-26-Liberty-MS-.html&page=9&anc=66930814#i66930709
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 1:51:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVow6hbvKjo

@knife_sniper

Bill grabbed a rifle with a 15" MK4 rail and had a little fun with it. As you can see, no screws backed out or came loose.
View Quote
I'm ordering a mount from you because of this and your sponsorship of CW. 'Murica
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 6:06:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I'm ordering a mount from you because of this and your sponsorship of CW. 'Murica
View Quote
I buy his mounts because they're the best ever created, the CW sponsorship is just a bonus. I'm up to 4 super precision mounts and will be getting one more soon.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 6:41:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I buy his mounts because they're the best ever created, the CW sponsorship is just a bonus. I'm up to 4 super precision mounts and will be getting one more soon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just ordered a SMR just because of that awesome video Mr Geissele created in response to the OP's issue.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 6:43:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I just ordered a SMR just because of that awesome video Mr Geissele created in response to the OP's issue.
View Quote
Nice, which one? They are the best designed and executed handguard out there. Very simple and crazy strong.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 7:22:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Nice, which one? They are the best designed and executed handguard out there. Very simple and crazy strong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ordered the 13" MK4 in black from Brownells this morning. I am hoping it is still the old style like the pictures they have on the website. It was 20% off and the shipping was free.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 5:55:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
At this point its just as good for Geissele as anything. If I never made this thread, we might not have that ridiculously awesome video response.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I may have missed it, but why post this issue here first? Why not contact the manufacturer first, then post?

I mean...its Geissele for crying out loud. Arguably, the finest ar parts manufacturer out there.

My intent is not to berate the OP.

Just strikes me as odd to come here and say "look at this" without giving Geissele an opportunity to address it.

YMMV.
At this point its just as good for Geissele as anything. If I never made this thread, we might not have that ridiculously awesome video response.
That doesn't answer the question.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top