Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2017 2:50:09 PM EDT
Anderson lowers 37$ shipped should I FO? Want to start 300 blk build, can they handle it?
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 2:53:32 PM EDT
[#1]
GTG i have used them a lot!
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 3:04:24 PM EDT
[#2]
they are fine
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 3:10:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I have built several and I haven't had any issues.  I really like the integral trigger guard.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 3:20:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Anderson lowers 37$ shipped should I FO? Want to start 300 blk build, can they handle it?
View Quote

G2G from what I have read. If you go over to Primary Arms they have a deal on today. $29.99 for stripped Anderson lower and $29.99 for their basic LPK. $60 for a good lower that just needs a buffer assembly and stock? Yes please!

Edit: Looking at the price you listed again you might be looking at the same thing I am...lol.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 3:46:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I have purchased a lot of them and they are GTG, but I caught a thread on GD today, that Primary Arms has stripped lowers for $29.99 right now and they looked to be already anodized and engraved.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 3:47:13 PM EDT
[#6]
8+, zero issues.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 4:33:53 PM EDT
[#7]
How many fucking times will this be asked......

YES.... THEY ARE GOOD TO GO!
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 4:55:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Sorry for beating dead horse, I just bought mine from PA. I think I'm gonna build a 9mm pistol from it.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 5:38:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Watch out, I got slapped for asking that very question last night on another thread!

Link Posted: 5/23/2017 5:41:50 PM EDT
[#10]
You get what you pay for.......
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 5:44:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
This.  Not the best qc but works fine.. and for the price theyre gtg
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 5:46:26 PM EDT
[#12]
There's nothing wrong with them but what is your objective? To build the cheapest 300 Blackout you can?
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 7:00:47 PM EDT
[#13]
They are good.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 7:06:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Good to go. 30 bucks is a steal.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 8:21:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
There's nothing wrong with them but what is your objective? To build the cheapest 300 Blackout you can?
View Quote
Not necessarily, I want a good quality 300 blk. I don't feel like spending 90$ for a lower with a fancy roll mark. I just want to make sure everything will be in spec.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 8:29:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Not necessarily, I want a good quality 300 blk. I don't feel like spending 90$ for a lower with a fancy roll mark. I just want to make sure everything will be in spec.
View Quote
I have not gotten one that is out of spec yet.

Several have reported experiencing it though.

I will buy more.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 8:48:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Wow... No haters yet.... I expected 30 post by now talking shit about their roll mark and how the grip screw hole was not right and blah blah blah.

OP, they are good to go.. do a search for Anderson torture test, there are plenty of reviews. I have personally beat the shit out of one just to prove to myself they were ok,
it is currently my beat up truck gun and it shoots on target every time I take it to the range.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 9:26:54 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm happy and thankful for all the replies. Thanks for backing up my purchase .    

One last question,   Could I use this "virgin" lower to legally build a pistol?
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 10:52:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not in this case.  You just get a different horse on the roll stamp, save money, and have more uniform anodization and better fit and finish than the other horse stuck in the revolving bankruptcy door.

Check the alignment of this Anderson lower to the Spikes upper with other pretty high end pieces in this build.  Save money on the lower and put it where it matters, better optics, free float rail, better barrel and such.  Stop chasing roll mark snobbery.

Link Posted: 5/23/2017 10:59:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 11:29:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Functionally they're fine. Cosmetically, like others have said, you get what you pay for.

I've built 4 rifles with Andersons and have had 0 issues.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 11:43:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Wow... No haters yet.... I expected 30 post by now talking shit about their roll mark and how the grip screw hole was not right and blah blah blah.
View Quote
The grip screw hole is indeed threaded too short on at least some of the receivers they have made, to the point that some longer grip screws will bottom before they have a chance to clamp the grip to the lower receiver.  The solution in that case is either to shorten the screw (being sure to clean up any damaged threads) or else to tap the threads all the way through the grip screw hole.  Since there are easy solutions, it's not an especially big deal, but I can see how it could be an annoying inconvenience if someone encountered this problem without being prepared for it.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 7:08:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'm happy and thankful for all the replies. Thanks for backing up my purchase .    

One last question,   Could I use this "virgin" lower to legally build a pistol?
View Quote
Yes you can.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 8:57:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Half of mine were out of spec. I'd rather spend another $20-$30 for a better lower.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 10:34:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The grip screw hole is indeed threaded too short on at least some of the receivers they have made, to the point that some longer grip screws will bottom before they have a chance to clamp the grip to the lower receiver.  The solution in that case is either to shorten the screw (being sure to clean up any damaged threads) or else to tap the threads all the way through the grip screw hole.  Since there are easy solutions, it's not an especially big deal, but I can see how it could be an annoying inconvenience if someone encountered this problem without being prepared for it.
View Quote
Or buy a 3/4" screw....
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 11:34:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Or buy a 3/4" screw....
View Quote
True.  Another solution is to use an Anderson parts kit, which comes with a short grip screw.  Since Andersons are usually the least expensive lowers and LPKs, they are presumably often bought together.

I tapped the one I own and use as a template for Fruity Ghost molding simply so it - and any castings derived from it - would work with any LPK.  I was aware of the issue before I purchased and had already planned to remedy it, so it wasn't a problem for me, but it bears repeating in threads about Anderson lowers so that anyone who buys one does so with their eyes open and prepared to deal with that complication if it arises.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 11:49:24 AM EDT
[#27]
i have several I like them,  dont care for the horse but they are good 
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 10:37:15 PM EDT
[#28]
All that I have built on used a 1" grip screw, no problem.

Anderson website has a caveat stating "uses 3/4" grip screw"....

I imagine,  in response to the issues some have experienced.

The finish on mine have all been a great ano. finish match for uppers from Colt, Spikes , RRA and DTI.

I'm happy with them.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 10:40:52 PM EDT
[#29]
I've been pleased with them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top