Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/18/2017 10:49:52 AM EDT
$90 shipped gets you a c158HPT/MPI shot peened bolt, in a full auto profile chrome lined carrier. What else am I missing?
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 11:31:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Another $40 and it comes with 10 PMags.

Here

Or a D-60
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 11:52:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Here

Or a D-60
View Quote
Oh, I'm aware of both of those deals and they're stellar. I'm speaking more about an apples  to apples comparison between PSA's bcg and any competitor.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 12:04:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm curious too.. tired of buying BCM for 169.99, they always work though. Guess I can't complain about that.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 12:15:44 PM EDT
[#4]
AimSurplus 99 dollar NiB
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 12:20:27 PM EDT
[#5]
IMO the Toolcraft 1B1B6 BCG from wcarmory.com... $94.23 + shipping and it's a properly staked mil spec BCG
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 12:37:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Toolcraft
Here.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 12:42:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
AimSurplus 99 dollar NiB
View Quote
I have a few Aim BCGs. I have been happy with all of them.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 12:55:44 PM EDT
[#8]
To answer your question, OP, there is no better "deal" than the PSA.  They are likely made by Toolcraft or FN, anyhow.  

They are theoretically the exact same as Colt and BCM, except PSA is more than likely not doing the HP/MP testing in house.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 1:32:17 PM EDT
[#9]
They have 64g Gold Dot at $9.99 again too. Link
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 1:47:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Toolcraft
Here.
View Quote
Damn, sales tax for me.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 2:59:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Eh, I like AIM Surplus BCGs better.

I used a PSA premium in a .300blk PSA pistol upper, ran undergassed and the BCG seemed to 'drag' in the upper.

Swapped in an AIM NB carrier and it ran much better. Overall I just think the AIM is a better BCG. PSA is OK, and for the price it's till one of the better deals out there, but IMHO not the best bang for the buck.

Not ragging PSA, I have three PSA uppers and multiple lowers from them, good stuff for the money.

But for a bcg I'd rather have an AIM or Toolcraft. I've only seen one Toolcraft but I'd be surprised if the PSA premium is made by Toolcraft.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 3:01:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Damn, sales tax for me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Toolcraft
Here.
Damn, sales tax for me.
Hit the EE.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 3:41:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Eh, I like AIM Surplus BCGs better.

I used a PSA premium in a .300blk PSA pistol upper, ran undergassed and the BCG seemed to 'drag' in the upper.

Swapped in an AIM NB carrier and it ran much better. Overall I just think the AIM is a better BCG. PSA is OK, and for the price it's till one of the better deals out there, but IMHO not the best bang for the buck.

Not ragging PSA, I have three PSA uppers and multiple lowers from them, good stuff for the money.

But for a bcg I'd rather have an AIM or Toolcraft. I've only seen one Toolcraft but I'd be surprised if the PSA premium is made by Toolcraft.
View Quote
PSA carriers are made by TC. It has been confirmed by PSA multiple times.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 4:46:37 PM EDT
[#14]
I have a PSA Premium BCG. My DS Arms was smoother out of the box, and they're usually cheaper.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 5:32:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I've have a PSA Premium BCG. My DS Arms was smoother out of the box, and they're usually cheaper.
View Quote
I've been shooting a DsArms bcg for ~2k rounds now with zero issues. I rarely even clean it. They are great bcgs, imo.

The finish on my PSA or TC are far nicer though. They all look the same dirty.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 7:16:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Battlefield Vegas has been using PSA Premium BCGs with excellent results.  IIRC, some of the PSA bolts are outlasting their Colt counterparts.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 7:39:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Almost all of my BCG's are PSA premiums and have never had a problem with them, and I have 20 AR's now.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 8:24:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Here

Or a D-60
View Quote
I would just like to say, Im very upset that the D-mag deal is out of stock, but still liking the magpul mags.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 10:28:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I've been shooting a DsArms bcg for ~2k rounds now with zero issues. I rarely even clean it. They are great bcgs, imo.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've have a PSA Premium BCG. My DS Arms was smoother out of the box, and they're usually cheaper.

The DS Arms bolts are 9310. I thought c158 was the preferred material, but the website says the 9310 is stronger. Does it matter which one to get?
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 10:29:27 PM EDT
[#20]
dbl tap
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 10:29:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I would just like to say, Im very upset that the D-mag deal is out of stock, but still liking the magpul mags.
View Quote
Ditto. I'm sure it will come around again. I should have jumped when I had the chance. Maybe next time they'll do free shipping on it.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 11:11:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Ditto. I'm sure it will come around again. I should have jumped when I had the chance. Maybe next time they'll do free shipping on it.
View Quote
They run that special a lot and have been since the first of the year.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 12:06:01 AM EDT
[#23]
If you don't mind a Semi Carrier then RRA has there phosphate BCG's for $65
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 1:22:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Toolcraft
Here.
View Quote
$79.99 nitride TC BCG, hmmmm. May have to grab one of these 
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 6:37:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The DS Arms bolts are 9310. I thought c158 was the preferred material, but the website says the 9310 is stronger. Does it matter which one to get?
View Quote
Either is gtg.

I have had zero issues with 9310.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 8:22:26 AM EDT
[#26]
PSA Premium BCGs are G2G.  Hell, I have one of their non-premium models and I can't see one difference between them to be honest.  The Premium I have came in the PSA Premium M4 I bought about 5 years ago. Still works without issue with any ammo I have thrown at it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:29:53 AM EDT
[#27]
I have used at least 20 PSA Premiums in rifle builds over the last 5 years or so. Never an issue of any kind.

In fact, I pulled all the AR15 bolts that I had accumulated over the years in various rifles that I built, put them on my gunshow tables one at a time over the last two years and sold them- usually for $100 or so....and REPLACED them with $69 Palmetto Milspec bolts....better bolt, new bolt, less money.....Why would you NOT do that?

I have no AR15 bolts left anymore and about 70% of the bolts I'm running now are Palmetto Milspecs.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 4:17:01 PM EDT
[#28]
With today's AR prices, it's great to not be 4 years ago.

Just being able to even ask if a $90 BCG is a good deal is quite telling.
    Link Posted: 5/28/2017 5:47:05 AM EDT
    [#29]
    My vote is for an AXTS bcg because Optics Planet has them sale right now.  They're probably on closeout because of the name change to Radian, otherwise they'd be selling for about $180, but as of today they still show "In Stock" for under $100 with free shipping.  Personally, I trust anything from AXTS over PSA, so the extra $10 would definitely be worth it to me, plus they're black nitride smooth and have a 9310 bolt.

Edit: I just noticed the 10% off Memorial Day sale.  Not sure if this will qualify since it's already marked down, but if so then it'd be right in line with the price of a PSA Premium.

Screen grab

Attachment Attached File
    Link Posted: 5/28/2017 11:49:13 AM EDT
    [#30]
    Link Posted: 5/28/2017 4:30:45 PM EDT
    [#31]
    Such salad days
    Link Posted: 5/28/2017 4:39:16 PM EDT
    [#32]
    I think if you want a proven, milspec, very well tested (B.V.) bolt/carrier group, the PSA Premium chrome lined/parkerized is the best and most cost effective thing going.

If you are into newer coatings, then the AIM Nitride C158 V2 is unbeatable at $99 shipped.  https://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XAIMBCGV2
    Link Posted: 5/30/2017 9:19:49 PM EDT
    [#33]
    I have 3 PSA premium BCGs and all of them work great.  I wouldn't hesitate to buy PSA premium BCGs. The last one I bought for a spare or future build was without the logo. I also have a Cryptic Coatings nitride BCG by Toolcraft that is outstanding in quality, finish and price.  It is smooth as glass.  I think the nitride Toolcraft BCG referenced above would be a great value.  It is great to have reasonably priced options.
    Link Posted: 5/30/2017 9:23:11 PM EDT
    [#34]
    any nibx coated for around cheap  less than 90?

Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:45:16 AM EDT
    [#35]
    As one who has a PSA Premium, I'd rather buy an AIM Surplus or Toolcraft.

No big issues, but when I bought a PSA 8" .300blk upper I also grabbed a PSA Premium BCG on sale. Looked good, but the bolt seemed to 'drag' in the upper and wouldn't cycle subsonic ammo. My AIM Surplus BCG was MUCH smoother in the 8" upper and only had a few hundred rounds of use in another rifle. Tried oiling & greasing the snot out of the PSA, but it seemed the bolt didn't rotate smoothly in the carrier and the carrier would drag in all my uppers (PSA & BCM).

It runs fine in another 16" rifle that's a little overgassed but looking back I could have gotten an AIM or Toolcraft for the same money. I was lucky I had several ARs to swap BCGs to isolate the issue to the PSA BCG.
    Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:19:55 AM EDT
    [#36]
    I've never had an issue with a PSA premium.
    Run them wet for 3-400 rds and all has been gtg.
    Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:34:49 PM EDT
    [#37]
    Quoted:
    With today's AR prices, it's great to not be 4 years ago.

Just being able to even ask if a $90 BCG is a good deal is quite telling.
      View Quote
      Some guy was selling 60$ BCGs, MPI tested everything chrome lined.... NIB.... The EE is amazing
      Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:38:06 PM EDT
      [#38]
      In the current market there really is no excuse to buy anything other than quality components.

Settling for budget this/that is no longer viable, imo.
      Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:42:28 PM EDT
      [#39]
      I have a dozen PSA Premiums and have never had a problem with any of them.

You do know the carriers for the PSA Premiums are made by Toolcraft?  I can't imagine that PSA is specing any different than what Toolcraft builds for themselves.
      Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:40:42 PM EDT
      [#40]
      No idea if it's better, but it's cheaper.

ALPHA Standard Nitride Bolt Carrier Group $59.95

Meloniting, also known as black nitride or nitro carburization, offers increased abrasion and corrosion resistance. This treatment lowers the coefficient of friction and increases the life of the bolt carrier group. Unlike plating, this process penetrates the surface and wont flake off, maintaining all the original dimensions. Our bolt carrier groups are processed with the QPQ process.

Benefits:
      Superior to standard mil spec chrome lined bolt carrier groups.
      9310 Steel MPI tested bolt & 8620 Steel Carrier.
      Compatible with 5.56 NATO, .223 Remington & 300 AAC Blackout.
      Corrosion resistance inside and out. Superior to chrome lined and parkerized bolt carrier groups.
      Slicker hardened 70RC surface
      Very little lubrication needed
      Easier to clean.
      Increased bolt carrier life.
      Includes extractor o-ring for increased extracting reliability.
      Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:43:54 PM EDT
      [#41]
      I haven't had any problems with the PSA premiums that I have. The highest round count I have on one is only 2000rds though. Some of the BGCs I have are a little rough out of the gate but the finish smooth's up in the right spots after a few hundred rounds. One of my Premium PSA BCGs is a TC made unit with their cage code on it.
      Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:23:09 PM EDT
      [#42]
      If the only bcg's I could own were PSA Premiums, I wouldn't lose sleep over it.
      However, my fav is the AIM v2 Nitride bcg for $99 shipped: https://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XAIMBCGV2&name=AIM+v2+BLACK+NITRIDE+.223%2f5.56+AR%2fM16+C158+Bolt+Carrier+Group&groupid=723

Tomac
      Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:27:03 AM EDT
      [#43]
      I prefer DSG Arms BCGs.

https://dsgarms.com/dsg-4101-0001

Aimsurplus are gtg too.
      Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:02:10 PM EDT
      [#44]
      Quoted:
      any nibx coated for around cheap  less than 90?

View Quote
      Go here for a blemish NIB Spinta Precision
      Use promo code NIBSAT and it's yours for $74.99.
       Shipping is reasonable too.
      Link Posted: 6/25/2017 7:28:04 AM EDT
      [#45]
      Quoted:
      My vote is for an AXTS bcg because Optics Planet has them sale right now.  They're probably on closeout because of the name change to Radian, otherwise they'd be selling for about $180, but as of today they still show "In Stock" for under $100 with free shipping.  Personally, I trust anything from AXTS over PSA, so the extra $10 would definitely be worth it to me, plus they're black nitride smooth and have a 9310 bolt.

Edit: I just noticed the 10% off Memorial Day sale.  Not sure if this will qualify since it's already marked down, but if so then it'd be right in line with the price of a PSA Premium.

Screen grab

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/456152/2017-05-28-05-218142.JPG
      View Quote
      I've bought some of these before and the Optics Planet usually has that 10% off running pretty much constantly. It applied to the AXTS bcg before :)

Rudy
      Link Posted: 6/25/2017 11:43:39 PM EDT
      [#46]
      I won't buy anything other than nitride. They are SUPER smooth and easy to clean up!
      I've had the same luck with Aim Budget nitride, Anderson nitride, Tom's Tactical nitride (which are around $75 FREE shipping), and an Alpha nitride from Sunny State.
      Let's face it... these are probably ALL made by Tool Craft. So it's just a matter for grabbing the best deal. I could care less how "pretty" it is, I want slick, and I want "easy clean"!
      Link Posted: 6/28/2017 11:11:56 AM EDT
      [#47]
      I have a number of the PSA premium BCG's. I do find them to be a little tight when new (maybe the batch I got) to the point that the bolt wasn't going fully into battery. After about 30 rounds and a bunch of forward assisting the bolt, everything smoothed out.

BravoCo is in another league. Despite BCG's looking similar, they are not "all the same."
      Link Posted: 7/2/2017 3:19:49 PM EDT
      [#48]
      Quoted:
      View All Quotes
      Quoted:
      Quoted:

Here

Or a D-60
      Hang in there they will come back around,It's how I'm justifying multiple D60s
      Link Posted: 7/2/2017 4:21:18 PM EDT
      [#49]
      TC from Monmouth.
      Link Posted: 7/2/2017 10:51:01 PM EDT
      [#50]
      Agreed, hard to pass up the Toolcraft from Monmouth Reloading.
      Arrow Left Previous Page
      Page / 2
      Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
      Top Top