Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2017 2:21:14 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 3:02:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Okay, someone has to be the first so it might as well be me.

Ya shoulda bought .................KeyMod.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 3:08:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 4:58:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I would just return it via Amazon and steer clear of MI MLOK accessories if their CS department is going to be that unhelpful.  RSR is GTG, by the way.  I highly doubt they're sending out counterfeit stuff.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 5:31:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I could be wrong, but I don't think it would be worth cloning a bipod mount for such a small profit.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 3:19:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would just return it via Amazon and steer clear of MI MLOK accessories if their CS department is going to be that unhelpful.  RSR is GTG, by the way.  I highly doubt they're sending out counterfeit stuff.
View Quote
This. RSR is excellent. MI on the other hand.. Not so much. I had a problem with on of their rails back in Dec and they were no help. I was very underwelmed. While their prices are great the lack of good customer service puts them on my DNDB list.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 3:50:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Had a similar problem with the nuts for my griffin armament rail covers. First time using mlok and thought why is this shit so hard to put on. The nut wouldn't rotate by itself perfectly. Had to hold it in place with a small flat head, lol.

Today, installed a magpul grip and the nut rotated perfectly once I preset the thread locker. Was amazing.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 5:57:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 12:34:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 1:49:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
First of all two people here replied to the email you sent us on a Sunday at 1700 hour.

I personally checked our supply of nuts and found zero problems. I informed you that if you were having problems to please return it to Amazon for a refund.

The problem with you getting gun parts from Amazon is the tremendous amount of counter fitting that takes place there.
Yes RSR is a great company, but what can happen is product gets sent to a buyer from Amazon and the buyer switches it for a fake and then sends it back. Amazon sees an unopened package and just puts it right back into the distribution. The next buyer gets screwed.

I am not saying that is what happened here, but it is the reason we do not take care of amazons returns.

Now because us telling you how to handle this was not good enough and because you felt the need to start this thread I grabbed my iPhone and a bipod adapter and made you this video.

Hope this helps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQlwi7rUnFU
View Quote
Maybe a better use of your time would have been to reach out to the OP, get his address and send him some nuts to solve his problem. Then this thread would be a thread praising MI, talking about how great your customer service is and this thread might actually drive some sales to MI. Instead you came in on the defensive and posted a snarky reply to the OPs post. Great job. You cost benefit ratioed the fuck out of this one guy. Excellent customer service, they should promote you or something.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 1:57:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 2:07:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Ill let my boss know you think I deserve a promotion.

Have a fantastic day!
View Quote
Please do. Go ahead an continue to be arrogant. This isnt a sellers market anymore. This is a buyers market. We president now.

Please tell him that I spent a little over $1500 last month on parts. Not one cent was spent on an MI product. I plan to spend a lot more before the years out and because of the stellar customer service you have shown here, and my experience back in Dec, not one dollar will be spent on any MI product. Thank you.

ETA: OP, this is the number for RSR group. Since MI was no help I recommend you reach out to him. All of my dealings with him have been outstanding. Even to the point of him answering emails at 3AM in the morning. Clearly he understands customer service. 8007524867 Good luck sir.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 2:56:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 3:13:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Midwest Industries, when you elect a pugnacious course with a customer in a public setting it's nothing but an unnecessary risk to your company's image with absolutely zero chance for gain.   Is it worth losing customers?    I think you've lost me today.  Anyone else?
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 3:44:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Is it just me or do those nuts (and the video MI posted) look like the old MOE style nuts/mount and not M-Lok? M-Lok is supposed to tighten down in a 90 degree turn only due to the camming action of the nuts, and that is not what is being shown at all.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 4:33:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 4:39:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Did you try them?  I bet they would work just fine.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 5:43:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 5:53:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Midwest Industries, when you elect a pugnacious course with a customer in a public setting it's nothing but an unnecessary risk to your company's image with absolutely zero chance for gain.   Is it worth losing customers?    I think you've lost me today.  Anyone else?
View Quote
There was a similar response a little while back when someone dared to call their rails budget, or bottom shelf, or something like that.  The response was quickly edited, but the original response made me change my mind on the rail I was about to buy.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 6:07:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

There was a similar response a little while back when someone dared to call their rails budget, or bottom shelf, or something like that.  The response was quickly edited, but the original response made me change my mind on the rail I was about to buy.
View Quote
If this thread was in their industry forum it would probably be deleted. Fortunately his comments have been quoted for all to see and he doesn't have the ability to delete this thread to cover up his condescending attitude. I love how the problem lays with the OP, either he is installing the part wrong, or his rail is the problem or the part is counterfeit. Because MI apparently has never made anything that might be out of spec. Midwest Industries; "When in doubt, blame the customer". Solid strategy.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 10:42:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 8:10:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I started the thread to investigate the strange nuts, not to give opportunity to vent against MI, which I think is bad form here, so please cool it. I've not gone on a tear, so please follow my lead.

MI, I'll happily send one of the nuts to you. If nothing else it can be a sample to keep on hand in case more of them show up in the wild. Please IM me where and to whom you would like it sent.
View Quote
I do not believe you get to dictate what others do here. Threads are organic, once you post one up they go off on their own. If you didn't expect people to comment here you should have continued to email MI. You could have also posted this over in MIs section of the forum. Instead you chose to post this thread here. A rep for MI came into this thread and showed his ass. People are responding to that behavior. Maybe you do not mind being treated that way by a rep of a company but I have a problem with it. It is uncalled for and inappropriate. I am not alone in pointing that fact out. Others in this thread have also pointed that out. A rep from MI  treated me much the same way back in Dec. Here we are in May, another person with a problem with another MI product and the behavior from MI is much the same. Blame the customer, suggest that the product is a knock off, suggest that maybe the problem lies with the other companies product that MI's product interfaces with, and be a condescending jerk the entire time. The possibility that your product is out of spec and was missed by QC is more likely than any of those scenarios and that is the point. They do not want you to discuss that in the open forum. That is why you were called out for making this thread by the MI rep. I doubt sending those nuts to MI is going to do you any good. If they are out of spec based on this reps actions here I doubt he will admit that.

This thread is very useful for two reasons. First, if someone else buys an MI bipod mount with m-lok and has a problem with it and googles that they will find out they are not alone. Second it shows MI's response to a customer issue. I assure you OP you are not the first person to have this problem and I am not the second and we will not be the last. If you search around you will see this behavior from MI is not at all uncommon. Maybe if someone is doing research on an MI bipod mount with m-lok they will find this thread, read the responses and make a more informed decision. You possibly saved someone a future headache. I hope it works out for you. Please follow up and let us know if MI sends you a replacement after you send those.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 9:17:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Return that mount and get the Magpul M LOK bipod mount.

https://www.magpul.com/products/firearms-accessories/rails-and-accessories/m-lok-bipod-mount

Everything else seems like a lot of hassle for a $20 part.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 10:48:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 10:51:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 12:23:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Charlie Foxtrot,

We treat customers with the same respect that they treat us. After reading your post in this thread and others we can see you have an attitude problem.

We did not try to avoid an issue with a product. We simply informed MRW as well as anyone else reading this thread that we do not handle Amazon product concerns and we clearly stated why.

Because of your hostility I will now ask you to not ever buy our products. We have many very pleasant customers. We do not need to deal with people who go out looking for a fight.

MRW, please email [email protected] to talk about having your amazon purchase looked at.

Thank you,
Pete
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Charlie Foxtrot,

We treat customers with the same respect that they treat us. After reading your post in this thread and others we can see you have an attitude problem.

We did not try to avoid an issue with a product. We simply informed MRW as well as anyone else reading this thread that we do not handle Amazon product concerns and we clearly stated why.

Because of your hostility I will now ask you to not ever buy our products. We have many very pleasant customers. We do not need to deal with people who go out looking for a fight.

MRW, please email [email protected] to talk about having your amazon purchase looked at.

Thank you,
Pete
Pete,

The comments posted in this thread quoted below were condescending and rude. Others here came away with the same feelings and as noted they share the same feelings towards that initial reply. My reply was simply a response to behavior that was on display here, that not only I have experienced myself but seen exhibited before as well. This isn't a one time event and I am confident it will not be the last. That being said I will gladly honor your request. Since we are putting it out there, my personal feeling is the quality of your products are not worthy of my money anyhow.

Quoted:
First of all two people here replied to the email you sent us on a Sunday at 1700 hour.

I personally checked our supply of nuts and found zero problems. I informed you that if you were having problems to please return it to Amazon for a refund.

The problem with you getting gun parts from Amazon is the tremendous amount of counter fitting that takes place there.
Yes RSR is a great company, but what can happen is product gets sent to a buyer from Amazon and the buyer switches it for a fake and then sends it back. Amazon sees an unopened package and just puts it right back into the distribution. The next buyer gets screwed.

Now because us telling you how to handle this was not good enough and because you felt the need to start this thread I grabbed my iPhone and a bipod adapter and made you this video.
Quoted:
They are not the problem. Your attitude is the problem! Lol at least that is what they think.

Quoted:

Yep. This thread isn't the first time MIs response to someone was derp. Not sure what happened but this is a link to another MI thread and the response to that thread vs this thread was night and day. It is a great example of what good customer service looks like and it is initially what lead me to go ahead and buy an MI rail. Not sure what happened between 2013 and 2017 but the MI today is not the same IMO.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/623695_What_would_you_do___Midwest_Industries_Gen_2_SS_Rail_Problem.html
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 1:28:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 2:28:15 PM EDT
[#27]
This is no longer technical. Please resolve this with the vendor off line. In this case that would be RSR Group.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top