Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2017 4:56:02 PM EDT
I recently picked up an AR-15 by Bushmaster in an XM-15-E2S Model, .223/556 Cal. Love the rifle, but slightly annoying however, is the play in handgaurds. It orig had the 7" plastic guards, but I've switched them with same length drop-in aluminum quad rails. Both had same amount of wiggle. I've already performed the rubber o-ring mod to take up what very little slack I had between the upper and lower receiver. I took the hand guard off completely and it seems have excessive play of maybe 1/32" from both the delta ring and the piece opposite behind gas block. I have a fore grip and bipod, which really makes the annoyance worse when using either. Is this normal? Bad delta ring? I've never owned any rifle of this kind before...
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 5:12:45 PM EDT
[#1]
That is normal. I've seen Colts, LMTs, S&Ws, etc, all have that characteristic.

Switching to a free-float handguard will be the solution you seek.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 5:45:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That is normal. I've seen Colts, LMTs, S&Ws, etc, all have that characteristic.
View Quote
This^^
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top