Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2017 2:49:16 PM EDT
So, looking for a barrel, something in 16" with a Mid-length gas port, kinda drawn to Faxon ATM. Anyone have any experience with them? Ar they good barrels? Or are there better options to look at?
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 2:59:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Faxon is gtg. You budget would redefine the original question though.As would the role of the weapon.

There are several great bbls out currently. And several opinions.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 3:11:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Faxon makes fantastic barrels with multiple lengths and profiles.  Your intended usage will help narrow down which profile to look for, but you really can't go wrong with Faxon whatever profile you choose.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 3:29:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Faxon and Ballistic Advantage are my main picks.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 3:31:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Faxon makes fantastic barrels with multiple lengths and profiles.  Your intended usage will help narrow down which profile to look for, but you really can't go wrong with Faxon whatever profile you choose.
View Quote
This! Faxon barrels are amazing for the value to cost ratio. For pinned FSB builds, my go to is Ballistic Advantage, but for almost all other builds, I run Faxon barrels exclusively.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 3:47:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Can't go wrong with either Faxon or Ballistic Advantage, I run BA on the majority of my rifles, but have friends that run Faxon, they both are good shooting and good values today.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 7:14:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Can't go wrong with Faxon or Ballistic advantage. I run many barrels from both manufacturers. Usually just buy whatever is having the best sale when I am looking.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 10:28:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Faxon is solid is is all I use on my 3-Gun rifles.

Here's a 100-yard group from my Heavy Optics rifle, with an 18" medium contour barrel.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 11:57:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 12:06:34 PM EDT
[#9]
good to go...love my gunner barrel it is perfect
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 3:39:14 PM EDT
[#10]
I have the 20 inch heavy fluted ss, the first thing you see is the finish on the outside, it's beautiful. Then when you start shooting it it's even more beautiful the groupings you get. I just ordered a gunner 14.5 it's going to replace a barrel that's perfectly good, but it's not a Faxon. Faxon is the way to go for accuracy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top