Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2017 8:27:07 PM EDT
So I got lucky and won a Larue 12" barrel a while back and have been piecing together a upper. Rather than use existing parts i figured I would look at new stuff because why not. Everyone mentions how big the Aero enhanced hand guards are so I was wondering if they would allow me to use my AAC 51t cans with a 12" rail on my 12" barrel or if I need to go down a size.

If it won't work which rail would you recommend for a 12" barrel? I thought about going geissele just to stir the pot
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 9:32:19 PM EDT
[#1]
the aero rail should have room for your can but the mount will be sunk about an inch inside the rail

this could make getting the can on/off difficult and i also would not shoot it much without the can mounted.  the rail and anything you might have attached at the front of the rail will take a beating from muzzle blast

unless it's a suppressed only setup i would prob drop down to a 10 to 11 inch rail depending how close you want the muzzle to the rail
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 9:52:34 PM EDT
[#2]
It will definitely fit inside that handguard. But I believe my 12 inch Aero handguard is actually almost 13" from receiver to end(not 100% on that).

What type of Mount is it? Direct thread it trilug type mounts would work.

Something like an ASR would be difficult to get on and off.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 9:52:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a 9" Odin rail on my 8" blackout. As long as I make sure my thread adapter is tight with the tube I don't have any issues with muzzle blast or rail getting hot. I also use a liner comp when the suppressor is not mounted.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 10:59:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
the aero rail should have room for your can but the mount will be sunk about an inch inside the rail

this could make getting the can on/off difficult and i also would not shoot it much without the can mounted.  the rail and anything you might have attached at the front of the rail will take a beating from muzzle blast

unless it's a suppressed only setup i would prob drop down to a 10 to 11 inch rail depending how close you want the muzzle to the rail
View Quote
This above ^^^^^

The can will fit inside but about 3/4in of the mount will be inside the rail.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 12:17:24 AM EDT
[#5]
It's a AAC 51t mount so I didn't know if the latch would be accessible
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 7:53:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I would go down a size. It seems the listed lengths on rails are all short. My 12" Seekins NOXs rail is actually almost 13". My 15" Cross Machine Tool rail is closer to 16". I'm in the same boat with my Specwar suppressors. I'm looking for a rail for my 12.5" 6.8 SBR, and the rail can't cover the end of the suppressor because I have to have access to the locking collar on the back of the can.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 11:54:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I would go down a size. It seems the listed lengths on rails are all short. My 12" Seekins NOXs rail is actually almost 13". My 15" Cross Machine Tool rail is closer to 16". I'm in the same boat with my Specwar suppressors. I'm looking for a rail for my 12.5" 6.8 SBR, and the rail can't cover the end of the suppressor because I have to have access to the locking collar on the back of the can.
View Quote
Been in the same boat as well, SLR rifleworks seems to have what I need, good variations in lenghts
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 3:21:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Been in the same boat as well, SLR rifleworks seems to have what I need, good variations in lenghts
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah I saw they damn near make one in every length
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 4:30:10 PM EDT
[#9]
It's best if your rail is .750-1in shorter than your barrel if you want your can mount to clear.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top