Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2017 3:02:17 PM EDT
Anyone had any experience with using a side charge upper with a .50 Beowulf. This will be my first big bore build just looking for so good advice thanks
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 8:27:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anyone had any experience with using a side charge upper with a .50 Beowulf. This will be my first big bore build just looking for so good advice thanks
View Quote

Only issue I see is finding a side charger with enlarged ejection port. Otherwise, shouldn't be and issue.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 7:08:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Only issue I see is finding a side charger with enlarged ejection port. Otherwise, shouldn't be and issue.
View Quote
Do you know how the port size requirements would compare with 458 SOCOM?  A few manufacturers (e.g., Gibbz for nonreciprocating, CMT for reciprocating) make them with ports enlarged for that round.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 8:26:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Not a 100% sure but I have read elsewhere that the 458 & .50 Beowulf use the same brass it's just necked down for the 458. Thank you for the links I've not seen either company before will definitely be contacting both
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 11:42:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Not a 100% sure but I have read elsewhere that the 458 & .50 Beowulf use the same brass it's just necked down for the 458. Thank you for the links I've not seen either company before will definitely be contacting both
View Quote
No, not the same brass. I use a .458 upper that aero used to sell on mine. It works great.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 11:43:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Do you know how the port size requirements would compare with 458 SOCOM?  A few manufacturers (e.g., Gibbz for nonreciprocating, CMT for reciprocating) make them with ports enlarged for that round.
View Quote
If it works with .458, it'll work with 50beo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top