Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2017 3:24:23 PM EDT
Anybody have experience and an evaluation of the quality of their uppers, lowers and rails? I am going to attempt a to build my version of a quality AR.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 3:43:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Mega has been around for a while now. At one time they were one of the very few who were selling AR lowers. They are known for their excellent machine quality and finish quality. Resale might suck since most people don't know who they are. However, I would use Mega in a quality build.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 4:02:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Finish is best I've seen for forged receivers and the fitment is excellent.  Are they worth twice the price of an aero precision set?  Probably not but it's your money.  No experience with their handguards though as they were out of my budget.  Very happy with my mega upper and lower though.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 4:26:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Their billet sets are absolutely top notch.

I understand their forged receivers are just as nice, but I don't have any personal experience with them.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 5:05:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep, the fit and finish is excellent. They have been my go to for my last two builds. Keep in mind that they have a unique finish that might not match other components perfectly.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 8:25:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I give Mega a stellar rating on pretty much everything with their name on it.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 11:55:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't know about any of their internal/small parts or handguards but I've built 4 rifles using their stripped uppers and lowers and I am 100% satisfied.  They will be my first choice for any future builds.

I don't think it is possible to do better than Mega recievers with other parts from BCM or LMT.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 1:49:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Absolutely my first choice when it comes to receivers.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 2:21:08 AM EDT
[#8]
One of the few forged uppers that many top end builders skip truing due tight tolerance control. I've used them for a couple builds -- excellent finish and fit consistency with uppers and lowers purchased at different times, comes with tension screw, perfectly machined in spec, and cool design (imho). I've seen some uppers (forged) that come with the hole drilled for the V Seven and Noveske NSR rails -- a $50 something service that Adco charges right from the get go. Get the Mega Trigger while you're at it.

Quick note: If you plan on installing V Seven or Geiselle match trigger pins (.155), the fit will be quite tight. I would either use/work in standard pins for awhile and then tap in the lubed Geissele match pins (or in my case I worked in back and forth the pins from a spare PSA fcg, tapped in the Geissele pins five times, and then tapped in the V Seven pins "Geissele pins size .155" for my V Seven build.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 1:04:02 PM EDT
[#9]
I just built an A4 with a stripped upper and lower from them. All I can say is they have the best fit and finish I have ever seen! The upper and lower have NO play between them at all, yet the takedown pin still comes out withe the push of a finger. I didn't bother putting in the tensioning pin that eliminates play between the two. Didn't need it. Those people know what they are doing.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 1:58:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Excellent quality!
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 12:01:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Mega is my all-time favorite lower.  Top quality inside and out,
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 12:32:06 AM EDT
[#12]
MEGA sets an example as to what a flawless lower/lower should look like (not that AR uppers/lowers should be cosmetically flawless). The only lower that is its equal is made by AXTS.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 9:52:03 PM EDT
[#13]
I just finished building a bunch of uppers & lowers I had laying around(Spikes, Rainier, Noveske, BAD, Aero, BCM). My Mega forged upper/lower had a deeper, darker finish than all the others. Honestly, all-around, they were the best fit/finish of the bunch.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 10:01:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Finish is best I've seen for forged receivers and the fitment is excellent.  Are they worth twice the price of an aero precision set?  Probably not but it's your money.  No experience with their handguards though as they were out of my budget.  Very happy with my mega upper and lower though.
View Quote
+1 on the finish.  Best finish I've ever seen.  It's actually kinda crazy how good it is.  DSG gets forged uppers and lowers quite frequently at fair prices. Picked up a stripped lower for like $70 after tax not too long ago.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 1:54:25 AM EDT
[#15]
I built two rifles on mega uppers and lowers; the fit and finish is excellent on both. And I own a .308 Mega barrel too which shoots like a laser. Mega is GTG.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 2:09:16 AM EDT
[#16]
They have a well deserved reputation for making some of the highest quality receivers currently available.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 9:49:54 PM EDT
[#17]
I am building my match service rifle on a Mega upper and lower I got in a group buy I setup in 2008. They are great receivers and wouldn't hesitate to buy them again. I only have one set left after this build. Maybe go with an SBR just for fun after I finish the current build.

I worked with Brian on the group buy, he is a helluva good guy. We got them for a great price back then. I sold about $12,000 worth of stripped uppers and lowers at the time. I had no complaints. Everyone was pretty impressed with the quality from this company none of them had ever heard of before.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top