Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2017 2:38:53 PM EDT
In the market for a new barrel for my 5.56 AR, but I'm starting to think that what I want doesn't exist. Anyone know of a barrel meeting these specs:

18"
1:7 twist
CHF
Melonite
Not stainless

The closest I can find is PSAs 18" FN CHF CL MG steel heavy, and I'll be fine with that if what I want is unobtainium.

Am I SOL on my wish list?

It exists! Daniel Defense 18" CHF Nitride 1:7

Thanks fellas!
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 2:45:30 PM EDT
[#1]
not thats melonited and CHF....no idea

the PSA(FN) barrel is a good barrel, DD is worth a peak but they are a tad more expensive, but probably a better barrel.

if your willing to walk away from the CHF and go with melonite/Nitride/QPQ type finish Ballistic Advantage and Faxon make some top notch stuff.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 2:55:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
not thats melonited and CHF....no idea

the PSA(FN) barrel is a good barrel, DD is worth a peak but they are a tad more expensive, but probably a better barrel.

if your willing to walk away from the CHF and go with melonite/Nitride/QPQ type finish Ballistic Advantage and Faxon make some top notch stuff.
View Quote

That DD is a very nice option, and the $40 difference from PSA is not a deal breaker. How does salt bath nitride compare to melonite?
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 3:39:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That DD is a very nice option, and the $40 difference from PSA is not a deal breaker. How does salt bath nitride compare to melonite?
View Quote

They are the same. Different words.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 4:01:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Nitrided, QPQ, Melonite, Armornite? (S&W?

All the same.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:53:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Wilson Combat SPR Barrel.
18" 1-7 twist chrome lined vote with a phosphate finish. 4140 steel.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 11:15:35 PM EDT
[#6]
And if you look in AR discussion you can see some data I posted on the PSA CHF nitride 14.7" barrel. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top