Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2017 6:40:29 PM EDT
What companies are currently making MLOK 13.5" free float handguards utilizing the standard barrel nut? I did some searching but the info I found seems outdated.

I have a PSA Premium 16" 300 BLK upper with pistol length gas. I want to have the front sight removed so I can install a MLOK handguard about 13.5" long. The pistol gas system is separate from the front sight.  If I select a handguard that uses the standard barrel nut, I'm thinking I can install the handguard myself since I won't have to remove the barrel.  I don't have tools to change out the barrel nut.  Or should I just forget about the standard barrel nut and pay a gunsmith to install the proprietary barrel nut for a handguard?

I'm looking for a quality but reasonably priced handguard. Thank you for the information!
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 3:02:46 AM EDT
[#1]
https://www.rainierarms.com/fortis-rev-2-0-free-float-rail-system-14-mlok That is what I would get if I were in your position.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 6:56:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I 2nd the Rev 2.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 7:25:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Troy makes one
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 10:37:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I appreciate the replys.  I went with a Gen 3 Midwest Industries 15" Keymod handguard.  It requires a proprietary barrel nut but I had a local gunshop (Trinity Ordinance in Lake Worth, TX) that was willing to do the work at a reasonable price. The guy did a good job on the installation.  It looks and works nice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top