Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2017 8:56:01 PM EDT
I might build a HD with this barrel.  My buddy is building an upper using them.  It's a good price and he has used them before and say they're good.  I haven't bought AR parts in a long long time and I always got them from the same place.    So this would be a knew thing for me.  So many people make stuff now, I don't know who to trust and who you don't....

Spinta Precision Barrel
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 1:49:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I have that same barrel on my LW build, I can say it's a great barrel for the money. I used a Spinta Low profile gas block SS gas tube and the Spinta BCG. It's light fast handling and surprisingly accurate. I shot some black hills 69 match and it grouped .80 at 100. I liked it so much I ordered two more for future builds.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 4:12:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Uh oh....  

Would you trust it for a Home Defense gun?  I'm not sure what can go wrong with a barrel....  Unless it's just garbage.  But heck even if it was smooth it would probably work at 12 yards or so....  

But I suppose it could just fail at some point....  How is one supposed to know how good these things are now a days.....  Everybody and their brother makes AR stuff...  Seems like.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 5:18:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Uh....I'm a Spinta fanboy. I've used several of their BCG's and a half dozen of their barrels. 
All gtg.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 5:56:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Uh oh....  

Would you trust it for a Home Defense gun?  I'm not sure what can go wrong with a barrel....  Unless it's just garbage.  But heck even if it was smooth it would probably work at 12 yards or so....  

But I suppose it could just fail at some point....  How is one supposed to know how good these things are now a days.....  Everybody and their brother makes AR stuff...  Seems like.
View Quote

It could have the wrong sized gas port and not work at all, the barrel extension could be improperly torqued or the feed ramps could be misaligned just for starters. I think those things might qualify as "just garbage" but considering the price of these barrels I could see why OP is wondering.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 8:31:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It could have the wrong sized gas port and not work at all, the barrel extension could be improperly torqued or the feed ramps could be misaligned just for starters. I think those things might qualify as "just garbage" but considering the price of these barrels I could see why OP is wondering.
View Quote

That could potentially happen with many manufacturers. The question is.... if there is a problem will the manufacturer/vendor back it up.
Considering the price point- there are several vendors with self-branded "value-lines" of barrels. Brownells "B-Tac" line and Midway USA's "AR Stoner" line to name a couple.
They have been getting good reviews and some of them are under $100.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 11:05:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, thank you.  Good points.  I guess I kind of meant once it was installed and running, how much could go wrong at that point?  But I'm no expert on any of these. I know a while back Pat Rogers chimed in on a thread about what brands you can trust and he was kind of a, aaa, how would you say, it definitely seemed like he was saying you should stick with "good quality" stuff.  And Colt was definitely talked about.  It was before BCM was a company, I think.  Or a well known company.  So I know he advocated BCM more recently (I know he's passed now), but I'm not sure what else....

But so many people make stuff now, I don't know how you're supposed to know what's good or what's not.  Other than if you knew the place first hand.  Or if you knew something about barrel making and knew how they did it.......

But yeah, when they sell for 70 bucks......  You have to wonder.....

That being said, these things (Spinta) might be as good or better as anything out there.  And they might sell them for that because they're not getting rich and they need to make a name for themselves.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 3:59:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I might build a HD with this barrel.  My buddy is building an upper using them.  It's a good price and he has used them before and say they're good.  I haven't bought AR parts in a long long time and I always got them from the same place.    So this would be a knew thing for me.  So many people make stuff now, I don't know who to trust and who you don't....

Spinta Precision Barrel
View Quote

I have the same barrel that I bought on a whim but have nothing to build as of yet. I already have 2 complete rifles but will will probably make this into a NY Safe rifle for my son. I am glad to hear that they are good to go!
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 12:57:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I have this barrel also but haven't built up an upper for it yet. I will say maching etc all looks great.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 5:38:47 PM EDT
[#9]
My buddy finished his upper on Sunday, with that barrel

Link Posted: 3/3/2017 4:44:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Get us a range report using match ammo.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 8:06:13 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll try.  He might be sidetracked because 3 days after he got done building it, he bought an FDE Kel Tec RFB and is really excited about it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top