Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2017 8:11:27 AM EDT
I was shooting some prone and sitting positions.  Yes, the sling was under some pressure as I "strapped in" to my positions, but I feel like this should be WELL within expected tolerance.

There is a sleeve in the quick detach slot that has the detents for quick detach slings to snap into.  This ENTIRE sleeve pulled out under pressure: the sling was still attached to the sleeve, but the entire sleeve was out of the buttstock.  It didn't so much break as it failed.  I'm considering epoxying it back in, but I might contact the company first.

Any thoughts as to repair or company contact?

Thanks.

EDIT:  Within 30 minutes of contacting the company at 0730 Eastern, I had an Email from the company.  It is shipping a replacement, no questions asked.

SUPER PRODUCT, SUPER CUSTOMER SERVICE.  THANK YOU ROGERS!
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:38:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd just epoxy it back in and roll.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 10:57:46 AM EDT
[#2]
That was a known issue with the earlier versions of this stock that was fixed in the newer versions.

You might be able to get a replacement if you contact them.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:59:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Just saw your edit, that is some good customer service!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top