Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2017 10:27:33 AM EDT
I am looking at getting a base model ar15 and upgrading some furniture. I want to use Magpul's sl hand guard and either Magpul or BCM's grip, but I am not sure about the rear stock. I like Magpul's sl stock, but it is heavier and does not do anything special from the original stock. Also i looked at the MFT minimalist this is lighter but I don't like how it looks. The only difference a new stock over the original stock is a snug fit. Also Magpul has a sl-k stock but i don't know if the small size look right on a 16 in rifle. I am prone to leave the milspec style stock over replacing it because the only benefit I see from replacing it is looks and a better fit. I also an kind of short on money and would rather buy ammo that furniture.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:34:14 AM EDT
[#1]
A little weight at the rear isn't necessarily a bad thing for balance.  For something that will have a sold fit you may want to look at the magpul stocks that have a friction lock like the CTR.  You also need to decide if you want one that will provide a more comfortable cheek weld like the SOPMODs or similar.

Come up with a list of what you want, make a list of what meets your requirements and budget.  Pick whichever you want/like the looks of.

For an affordable basic stock, I like the B5 SOPMOD Bravo.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:41:06 AM EDT
[#2]
The Magpul CTR clamps down tight but I love the MFT minimalist, and that baby is a real tight fit!
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:58:43 AM EDT
[#3]
B5 stocks are my favorite.  Whichever one fits you better, I prefer the enhanced sopmod.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 12:56:44 PM EDT
[#4]
My favorite Magpul stock is the STR, I have a couple of these. A close second would be the B5 SOPMOD stock.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:43:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My favorite Magpul stock is the STR, I have a couple of these. A close second would be the B5 SOPMOD stock.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:47:54 PM EDT
[#6]
My favorite go to collapsible stock is the MFT minimalist. It is very comfortable and tight fitting.  I have the MOE, B5, and SI Viper on other rifles, but the MFT is by far the most comfortable IMO.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 3:02:12 PM EDT
[#7]
All stocks mentioned are good ones, one that isn't mentioned a lot and that I have come to like for its features is the Rogers Superstoc.  Its light, has QD, and you can tighten it down to the tube pretty easy.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 3:04:48 PM EDT
[#8]
;thanks for the input I seen some videos of the Magpul sl k stock I think it would work out well, but I also like the B5 I am from Wisconsin so I would like to support local business as much as possible and BCM is a great brand. so right now I'm between those two stock options or keeping the original milspec stock. The rifle I am looking is the Ruger ar556 I have shot this rifle a little and it feels very good for the price. Does anyone have any experience with rifles like Armalite's Eagle and other budget rifles after high round counts.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 4:40:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Honestly I really like the standard m4 stock. I have other stocks, like the b5 bravo and sopmod, 4 position car stocks, and recently ordered a sl-k, but I like the m4. I use a 2 point sling and I like how the m4 has a bottom mount swivel, something almost no other stock has. IMO there is nothing "wrong" with the m4 stock.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 5:05:27 PM EDT
[#10]
The best answer it to try as many different ones as possible and go from there. There is nothing wrong with the standard M4 waffle stock, IMO I like it a lot better than some of the aftermarket options. My favorite are the BCM gunfighter stocks. Magpul MOE is great too on a budget, but I got tired of them pulling my beard hair. I'm not a huge fan of the sopmods, although I concede the cheek weld is comfortable .

IMO buy ammo, the standard m4 stock is fine
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 6:41:18 PM EDT
[#11]
I appreciate the cheek weld on sopmods.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 8:12:32 PM EDT
[#12]
I can't wait until I turn 18 and can pick up an ar
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:41:47 PM EDT
[#13]
B5 Sopmod is awesome
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 12:16:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Topic Moved
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top