Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2017 10:25:26 PM EDT
For 300 Blackout?

Ive scratched Faxon off my list bc I don't like their profile and 1:8 twist.

I was thinking of Geissele 9.5 rail with BA 10.3 performance barrel. But the more I think about it, I want as short of a barrel as possible. Don't think the Hanson profile will be good enough to hang a sup.

What options are out there? I kind of Griffin Armament 9.5" barrel, but I don't know if I like the a SS barrel. Not to mention $$$. Rather keep the barrel under $250
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:31:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I got a 9.5" Ballistic Advantage barrel. Haven't shot it a lot yet, but at 40 yards I was shooting cloverleafs with a red dot.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:39:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got a 9.5" Ballistic Advantage barrel. Haven't shot it a lot yet, but at 40 yards I was shooting cloverleafs with a red dot.
View Quote
is that the "modern" series? Wish they have a 9.5" in "performance" series.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 3:37:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
For 300 Blackout?

Ive scratched Faxon off my list bc I don't like their profile and 1:8 twist.

I was thinking of Geissele 9.5 rail with BA 10.3 performance barrel. But the more I think about it, I want as short of a barrel as possible. Don't think the Hanson profile will be good enough to hang a sup.

What options are out there? I kind of Griffin Armament 9.5" barrel, but I don't know if I like the a SS barrel. Not to mention $. Rather keep the barrel under $250
View Quote

I am delving into the 300blk world, too.  I have a BA Hanson 10.3 performance barrel on its way from Righttobear.  I like the 1:7 twist and pinned gas block.  We'll see what it's like when I get it built.  I've seen a couple suppressor equipped 14.5" Hanson profile barrel builds around.  I didn't see them mention any specific problems.  Also, the Aero Precision M4E1-SD uses a Hanson profile 7.5" barrel with suppressor.  Theoretically, shorter barrels should be stiffer.  So I would guess the 10.3", being somewhere in the middle, should also handle a supressor somewhere in the middle, too.  But that's just my non-expert, didn't-stay-at-a-Holiday-Inn, guess for what it's worth.

BTW, if you decide to go with the BA modern series, Right To Bear has the 9.5" on sale.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:13:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:38:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nuts. How do we earn your business next time?
View Quote

I have a Gunner 5.56 barrel from you guys. I like it a lot.

My understanding with 300 Blk is, in order to stabilize the 220gr+ reliably, you want a 1:7 barrel. Especially in a much shorter barrel. I know the 300 is suppose to burn much quicker, negating a longer barrel, but what I've read, the cartridge is still gaining FPS with longer barrels.

There doesn't seem to be a downside to using the 1:7 vs potentially using 1:8.

Also, the Gov/Socom profile with less metal in front of the chamber area and heavier profile further out, I never cared for. Especially when a heavy can will be dangling from the end. Just makes sense to me to have more meat on the barrel profile.

What I like is the profile you guys did for RainierArms batch. Looks great. I could always get it chopped. Just too bad about the twist.

Concerning the RA barrel. If I could get it in that profile, with full length flukes just to reduce some weight, in 1:7 and whatever length I decide, it would be perfect. CL vs QPD, I think either one works for me.

Maybe I'm just ignorant about the twist and profile. I am somewhat open minded and can be convinced.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 11:52:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:21:44 AM EDT
[#7]
So no major POI shift with Hanson profile?

Bummer about the rate of sale. Should have bought one back then.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 3:24:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 11:07:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Bravo Company has a 9" barrel that is a continuous tapper all the way down with flutes. I got it in a 300blk upper (complete) when BCM first sent that email stating they were in-stock. Have not shot accuracy groups as it is on a pistol lower, and no can either.

Edit: forgot to mention the 1:7 twist rate as well (was one of my requirements).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top