Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2017 5:17:55 PM EDT
I live in NY, let me start there.  I own a Larue tactical Predatar 556, it has a welded break and a classic A2 stock on it.  In NY I couldn't have a telescoping stock even prior to the safe act.  I am looking to replace my basic old school stock with a modern one.  It CANNOT be adjustable, and I'm 6'4" so I would use the thing wide open either way.  I'm looking for a weight savings, fixed stock, black in color.  If it matters I ordered a Trijicon Accupower 1-8, but I don't plan shooting beyond 300 yards.  It will be a general use rifle from point blank to 300, unless something unusual were to happen.  Price isn't the deciding factor, quality is.  Any questions please let me know.  Any Suggestions would be welcome.  I haven't looked at stocks in at least 5 years so I don't really know whats out there.
                                               Thanks,
                                                           Woody
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 9:30:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I was going to say a2, then I finished reading and that's what you already have.
No reason to replace an a2 IMO.

Want something exotic looking? I recently bought one of these. I like it. It's actually made by lancer and they can be had in a1 or a2 lengths.

There's also those "stocks" that just clamp onto the end of the buffer tube, I think guntec makes one, length of pull is kinda short though. http://www.guntecparts.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_60&product_id=766
Another option is ace.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 9:33:40 PM EDT
[#2]
For a fixed rifle length stock, I'm really digging the Luth AR MB2

Luth AR
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 2:22:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you guys for the help.  I kind of liked the "tent" style top to some of the newer stock styles I've seen.  The stocks recommended here are definitely unique.  If there are any there ideas out there please let me know.  
                                               Thanks,
                                                           Woody
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 2:33:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 5:54:16 AM EDT
[#5]
You can get any stock and then put a roll pin or screw (etc) in the adjustment mechanism and boom- fixed stock
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top