Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2017 10:55:26 PM EDT
Anyone using them? Any input? Lpks minus fcg. I already use ALG fcgs, and love them.
CMMG is my go to for lpks, just want to know about the ALG brand kits.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 11:02:00 PM EDT
[#1]
no specific experience with the LPKS but i have used several ALG rails and the ALG triggers with fantastic luck....

anything with Geissele in the name is gtg in my book.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 11:08:14 PM EDT
[#2]
My thinking as well. They have probably been available awhile now, but have just caught my attention. Considering a couple for upcoming builds.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 4:29:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I used to be an ALG fanboy.... but their QC seems to have gone down the crapper lately. Their QD cup's suck on their EMR rails (they are a joke. The RL "ribs" are easily overpowered, as well as the thin, non stabilizing HG material make them worthless), and their QMS trigger leaves a LOT to be desired. The QMS has a VERY clean break, but the reset is gritty and their trigger spring is weak (requires complete removal of trigger finger to reset). Not impressed. The PSA "EPT" is a MUCH better trigger for $15 LESS than the QMS (the EPT has a clean break, as well a clean reset, although also suffers from a weak trigger spring).
I am no longer an ALG fanboy. For the money they ask (although a "budget" brand)... they had better step up their QC. Until then, I'll refrain from any of their products in the future.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 10:34:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I used to be an ALG fanboy.... but their QC seems to have gone down the crapper lately. Their QD cup's suck on their EMR rails (they are a joke. The RL "ribs" are easily overpowered, as well as the thin, non stabilizing HG material make them worthless), and their QMS trigger leaves a LOT to be desired. The QMS has a VERY clean break, but the reset is gritty and their trigger spring is weak (requires complete removal of trigger finger to reset). Not impressed. The PSA "EPT" is a MUCH better trigger for $15 LESS than the QMS (the EPT has a clean break, as well a clean reset, although also suffers from a weak trigger spring).
I am no longer an ALG fanboy. For the money they ask (although a "budget" brand)... they had better step up their QC. Until then, I'll refrain from any of their products in the future.
View Quote

For a milspec trigger, I love the QMS.
And strangely enough, I was so impressed with my EPT trigger that I gave it away.

Guess everybody likes different shit.

Now, on to the lpks.Anyone?
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 1:58:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I wouldn't call the weak QD point on the EMR a QC issue, its a design issue.

Making a QD point using thin wall 6061 AL is not a good idea.  I used mine once and it showed signs of the QD starting to pull out.

As for the LPK

The markings on the selector and bolt catch look to be the same as Colt...
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 3:28:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I wouldn't call the weak QD point on the EMR a QC issue, its a design issue.

Making a QD point using thin wall 6061 AL is not a good idea.  I used mine once and it showed signs of the QD starting to pull out.

As for the LPK

The markings on the selector and bolt catch look to be the same as Colt...
View Quote

Agreed. Mine are marked same as my Colt fcg.(Hammer/trigger).
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 7:49:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have you tried I duno, contacting them about the QMS trigger? Because mine doesn't do that, works perfectly fine and isn't gritty. Sorry OP, no help on the LPK but I wouldn't worry to much about trying them.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 8:02:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I just put together a lower with one. It was fine.

Honestly the only time I have noticed a difference in LPKs is an Anderson that was kinda crappy but functional.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 8:30:31 PM EDT
[#9]
I've bought 2 of them (One with an ACT trigger and the other with a QMS) and both were fine.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:55:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I have you tried I duno, contacting them about the QMS trigger? Because mine doesn't do that, works perfectly fine and isn't gritty. Sorry OP, no help on the LPK but I wouldn't worry to much about trying them.
View Quote

Meh, it's not bad enough to warrant me contacting them. I still use it, I just don't like MINE as much as my EPT's. True, though... that mine may not be the "normal" and I may have gotten a less QC'd one. I'm sure they all vary to some degree.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 12:03:39 PM EDT
[#11]
The trigger parts are ALG, but from what Ive seen the rest of the LPK is DPMS.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 1:14:04 PM EDT
[#12]
I recently got an ALG LPK with the G2S deal from PA for $119 shipped.

Parts look fine and I put them in this lower:

Link Posted: 2/28/2017 3:58:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The trigger parts are ALG, but from what Ive seen the rest of the LPK is DPMS.
View Quote

What do you base that assumption off of?
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 7:18:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

What do you base that assumption off of?
View Quote

Item description on their website.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 7:18:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Doubletap.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 10:39:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Item description on their website.
View Quote

Did not know this.

I am having site issues, can't view ALG site.  (Thinking my wife disabled access for me?)
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 2:07:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted: The trigger parts are ALG, but from what Ive seen the rest of the LPK is DPMS.
View Quote

Where in ALG's descriptions are you seeing DPMS?

I didn't find a single mention of DPMS on their site.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 2:10:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted: Did not know this. I am having site issues, can't view ALG site.  (Thinking my wife disabled access for me?)
View Quote
https://algdefense.com/
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 2:47:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Where in ALG's descriptions are you seeing DPMS?

I didn't find a single mention of DPMS on their site.
View Quote

Unless ALG chimes in and confirms, disregard my post.  I got it mixed up with a kit brownells was selling, ALG trigger and DPMS parts kit.  I was on a dozen different sites yesterday looking for a LPK, got them mixed up.

Brownells LPK
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 7:42:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Yeah, I saw that Brownells advertised kits that way, but still can find nothing from ALG stating the same.

As they are not an Industry Partner , I doubt they will post here.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 11:49:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted: Unless ALG chimes in and confirms, disregard my post.  I got it mixed up with a kit brownells was selling, ALG trigger and DPMS parts kit.  I was on a dozen different sites yesterday looking for a LPK, got them mixed up.
Brownells LPK
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted: Unless ALG chimes in and confirms, disregard my post.  I got it mixed up with a kit brownells was selling, ALG trigger and DPMS parts kit.  I was on a dozen different sites yesterday looking for a LPK, got them mixed up.
Brownells LPK
I do so much part scouring myself that I easily start doing the same.  I think it's normal.

Quoted: Yeah, I saw that Brownells advertised kits that way, but still can find nothing from ALG stating the same. As they are not an Industry Partner , I doubt they will post here.
They sort of are.

I need to figure out when i'm going to take these rifles out now.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 12:50:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I do so much part scouring myself that I easily start doing the same.  I think it's normal.

They sort of are.

I need to figure out when i'm going to take these rifles out now.
View Quote

Yeah, guess you are right. Not much on ALG in there though.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 12:39:38 AM EDT
[#23]
My only gripe with the ALG LPK I got was the trigger-guard roll pin was gold but I had plenty of spares so I threw it in the bag with the others.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 12:52:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Got one of those gold roll pins in a kit awhile back, cant remember where. Still have it, hated it.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 5:56:35 PM EDT
[#25]
I've got one in an AR15 and another in an AR10. The set in the 15 replaced a cheaper set from somewhere that failed me. The bolt catch on the original ended up not working 100%, it would randomly fail to keep the bolt locked on last round. The ALG fixed it. That rifle now has an ALG rail, ALG gas block, ALG QMS trigger, and ALG LPK. For the 10 I'm building I have an ALG ACT and LPK. (they don't make a 308 rail or a .875 gas block unfortunately). Everything I've had from them has been great and given me no problems.

I will say that the QMS has less creep than my ACT, the ACT doesn't have much and the QMS doesn't really have any.

Also, their customer service is really good. I stripped a screw for my ALG rail and e-mailed about ordering a new one. They sent me a full set for free. It arrived in two days.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 11:05:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 11:20:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 12:22:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Give us a call at the shop, if youre having issues with your QMS we will happily get it resolved. Even though it is a mil-spec kit it should be very smooth that was the design intention. We also do not use a weak spring, we use a standard mil-spec trigger spring on the QMS, which is where the name is derived, Quality Mil-Spec (QMS). So if you need to push your trigger back forward manually, there is clearly an issue with your FCG and we should be able to get you fixed up. As for the rails, they are made from 6061-T6 aluminum, the same aluminum used by almost every hand guard manufacturer. Any manufacture that has QD's machined into 6061 will experience the same issue with wear and abrasion, especially when using a steel QD. When we make rails for the military we typically use steel QD inserts, however those inserts are very expensive and will inflate the cost of the rail well beyond what most people are willing to pay for, and most civilians are not using their sling to save their life and hang from a helo skid during a jump snafu. We have tested the QD slots to 800lbs free hanging without failure, and we felt that this was acceptable for the civilian market. if your rail has an issue with the QD not functioning properly we will be happy to take a look at that as well. Even though the rail was designed to be affordable, it shouldn't have any features that are not working properly. i have seen some cases in the past where the anti-rotation of the QD's was failing and the QD would free spin inside the QD slot, that is in fact a problem and we will replace the rail if that is something that is happening.
View Quote

Nice! ^^^^^^^ I'm ALL ALG from here out.

Well, 90%.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 11:34:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Give us a call at the shop, if youre having issues with your QMS we will happily get it resolved. Even though it is a mil-spec kit it should be very smooth that was the design intention. We also do not use a weak spring, we use a standard mil-spec trigger spring on the QMS, which is where the name is derived, Quality Mil-Spec (QMS). So if you need to push your trigger back forward manually, there is clearly an issue with your FCG and we should be able to get you fixed up. As for the rails, they are made from 6061-T6 aluminum, the same aluminum used by almost every hand guard manufacturer. Any manufacture that has QD's machined into 6061 will experience the same issue with wear and abrasion, especially when using a steel QD. When we make rails for the military we typically use steel QD inserts, however those inserts are very expensive and will inflate the cost of the rail well beyond what most people are willing to pay for, and most civilians are not using their sling to save their life and hang from a helo skid during a jump snafu. We have tested the QD slots to 800lbs free hanging without failure, and we felt that this was acceptable for the civilian market. if your rail has an issue with the QD not functioning properly we will be happy to take a look at that as well. Even though the rail was designed to be affordable, it shouldn't have any features that are not working properly. i have seen some cases in the past where the anti-rotation of the QD's was failing and the QD would free spin inside the QD slot, that is in fact a problem and we will replace the rail if that is something that is happening.
View Quote

Way to step up and take care of a customer. Made a fan out of me.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 12:08:43 PM EDT
[#30]
I used an ALG LPK in my last build with an ALG ACT in an Aero forged lower.  Zero problems and the parts just "feel" better than those in most kits.  I used a Magpul trigger guard so the roll pin went in the parts box.

FWIW, Geissele/ALG had a display at the Outdoor Show in Harrisburg this year and all the guys manning the booth were knowledgeable and obviously happy to be there showing off their wares.  Unlike a lot of the other booths were you can tell the employees were volun-told to be there and smile for the public.  I know where I want to spend my money.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top