Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2016 6:48:00 PM EDT
If so, how has it held up?

I just got my Black Nitride Toolcraft BCG from Cryptic Coatings and I am VERY impressed with the finish. Slid it into my Daniel Defense V11 and charging is noticeably smoother in comparison to the DD phosphate BCG. I can only imagine how slick the more expensive coatings such as Mystic black, bronze, gold, etc feel. I bought one of the "blems" for $102 shipped and I seriously cant find a blem anywhere.

I safely chambered a live round to make sure chambering and extracting with the toolcraft worked and I noticed when I ejected the live round, the actual bullet itself had a 45 degree vertical hairline cut across it (not crack, cant feel with fingernail). I chambered a 2nd round and noticed the same thing when I looked at it after ejecting it. Is this just normal for an AR? Ive never really ejected any rounds before they were fired
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 6:51:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Post a picture?

I have one, haven't fired thousands of rounds through it, maybe 70ish, functions fine. I posted pics and my thoughts of it in a build thread on my son's carbine next to a BCM BCG.

Link Posted: 10/26/2016 7:40:31 PM EDT
[#2]
soundslike its from the feed ramps...not the BCG
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 7:48:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
soundslike its from the feed ramps...not the BCG
View Quote

^^^^^^

This, it has nothing to do with the BCG, you are banging on the feed ramps causing a small scratch, look at the ramps and if you have to make sure they are lined up.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 8:00:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys.....Im going to take it out with the Toolcraft BCG this weekend. Ideally, id like to beat the shit out of this one and keep my original DD BCG for later down the road

Link Posted: 10/26/2016 11:20:17 PM EDT
[#5]
As stated, it is most likely the feed ramps causing the scratch on the actual bullet.

I have a few thousand rounds on a Nib Toolcraft BCG with no issues at all.  The majority of the ammo that was ran through this rifle has been ZQI 62gr.  I was doing a not very scientific test on this BCG and the longest I went without lubing it was around 1100 rounds.  I have never removed the extractor on this BCG and it's only had one good cleaning with a cleaner and nylon brush at around 2400 rounds.  The other cleanings were just a quick wipe down with a rag.  I have quite a few other Toolcraft BCGs in Nib, phosphate and nitride.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 11:21:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a couple hundred rounds through my phosphate Cryptic BCG and it has easily become my favorite in the collection.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top