Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2016 12:40:28 PM EDT
Is the Rainier Arms Match barrel (not the RCB) worth $65 more than the Ballistic Advantage Premium Series of the same general specs?

- 16"
- 1:8"
- Wylde
- mid-length
- HP and

Rainier Arms
Ballistic Advantage

Are there more reviews/experience with this particular BA barrel?
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 2:52:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I have no experience with either but after researching Larue, Rainier, and BA I bought this. I just took delivery and will probably not get the chance to shoot it until Spring. If it shoots as well as it's machined and finished I will be very happy.

The vendor does business through the EE. I've ordered through them a few times now and they are better than gtg. On sale and in stock.

BA Hanson premium w/ gas block

Link Posted: 10/26/2016 3:22:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I own 14 guns with Ballistic barrels on them and just ordered 4 more the other day and I have been very happy with all of them.  People keep asking, but I can honestly say, they are a great barrel and they are very reasonable in price.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 3:54:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 4:34:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Why not a Larue Stealth barrel for $225, or $245 with m4 ramps?

http://www.larue.com/556-stealth-barrel

Link Posted: 10/26/2016 5:27:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thank you very much!!

Use coupon code: Full30.com

Once you apply the coupon code select free shipping from the drop down memu
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have no experience with either but after researching Larue, Rainier, and BA I bought this. I just took delivery and will probably not get the chance to shoot it until Spring. If it shoots as well as it's machined and finished I will be very happy.

The vendor does business through the EE. I've ordered through them a few times now and they are better than gtg. On sale and in stock.

BA Hanson premium w/ gas block

Thank you very much!!

Use coupon code: Full30.com

Once you apply the coupon code select free shipping from the drop down memu

My pleasure! You guys seem like good people.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 8:46:32 AM EDT
[#6]
any numbers for expected barrel life and accuracy?
I have a Rainier 18" Match that is in a sub MOA gun, but never found the spec on barrel life.
And know nothing about this particular BA
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 8:48:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have a 20" Stealth from 2009ish that is still one of my most accurate guns. If they were still running their barrel sale, I would probably buy it (though I kind like the Matte Stainless for this build (will have a purple ALG rail))
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 8:54:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I have a 20" Stealth from 2009ish that is still one of my most accurate guns. If they were still running their barrel sale, I would probably buy it (though I kind like the Matte Stainless for this build (will have a purple ALG rail))
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it not on sale at 225? I just bought a 20" stealth with the m4 feed ramps for 245. I also have a ballistic advantage barrel that I love. Match grade wise though, LaRue all day.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 9:34:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Is it not on sale at 225? I just bought a 20" stealth with the m4 feed ramps for 245. I also have a ballistic advantage barrel that I love. Match grade wise though, LaRue all day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

After shipping and the M4 feed ramps, it's back to the $63 more than the BA shipped. (about $15 more than the Rainier Arms Match; again I have both a Stealth and a RA Match barrel in 18" and both have netted me about the same excellent results in accuracy)
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 10:58:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 11:52:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Glad to be considered! This barrel (as well as all other BA barrels) is guaranteed to be sub-MOA. We do not charge extra for M4 feed ramps, nor for shipping.

I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have.

-Tony @ BA
View Quote

Thanks Tony. What kind of accuracy life do these barrels have?
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 1:26:14 PM EDT
[#12]
I know the question isn't directed at me but I'd like to chime in.

Accuracy life is dependent upon many variables, not the least of which is each shooter's definition of accuracy.

Barrel material is one variable. I didn't check the barrel material used in each of these barrels, but they're all SS and I'm assuming the same type of SS. Chambered in .223 is a given. Chamber pressure in a particular load is another. Particular bullet used. Rate of fire. Cleaning schedule and type of cleaning products used.

It's almost an impossible question to answer, but the .223 cartridge is generally easy on barrels if reasonable precautions are made to prevent the barrel from reaching extremely high temperatures. I wouldn't subject a high dollar accuracy type barrel to extended bouts of rapid fire combat type shooting; for me, those sessions are reserved for barrels in the more expendable equipment price range. I also don't use bi-metal jacketed bullets.

That's me, but I too would really like to hear from Tony.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 4:27:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Glad to be considered! This barrel (as well as all other BA barrels) is guaranteed to be sub-MOA. We do not charge extra for M4 feed ramps, nor for shipping.

I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have.

-Tony @ BA

10 seconds +/-
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 4:28:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I know the question isn't directed at me but I'd like to chime in.

Accuracy life is dependent upon many variables, not the least of which is each shooter's definition of accuracy.

Barrel material is one variable. I didn't check the barrel material used in each of these barrels, but they're all SS and I'm assuming the same type of SS. Chambered in .223 is a given. Chamber pressure in a particular load is another. Particular bullet used. Rate of fire. Cleaning schedule and type of cleaning products used.

It's almost an impossible question to answer, but the .223 cartridge is generally easy on barrels if reasonable precautions are made to prevent the barrel from reaching extremely high temperatures. I wouldn't subject a high dollar accuracy type barrel to extended bouts of rapid fire combat type shooting; for me, those sessions are reserved for barrels in the more expendable equipment price range. I also don't use bi-metal jacketed bullets.

That's me, but I too would really like to hear from Tony.
View Quote

Thanks for the info.
I'm just looking for a ballpark, even with a Standard Deviation of 2-3k rounds.
It would be great if Tony from BA would come back and chime in.

Spoke with Rainier Arms.
Not a hard tested number, but they suggested that one could expect the Match to at least get around 10k of normal use with quality ammo.
Their CHF barrels, like DD, FN, etc. ~20k.

I don't rape my guns (ARs), with pointless (but fun) mag dumps into the dirt. And, like yourself, I don't buy crap ammo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top