Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2016 3:47:27 PM EDT
Has anybody ever bought or used one of these. I'm really thinking about getting one and I'm trying to see if anybody has any experience with them.https://www.dsarms.com/p-16255-dsa-ar15-16-chrome-lined-barrel-w-geissele-mk8-fde-13-handguard.aspx
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 6:26:14 PM EDT
[#1]
My only gripe with those is that the upper has lightening cuts in the middle of the rail. I suppose it is not as big of a deal since Geissele now puts the same cuts on the SMR
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 6:37:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't some of the QD optic mounts recommend against using on uppers like that?
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 7:25:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't some of the QD optic mounts recommend against using on uppers like that?
View Quote

If the mount doesn't use a full width recoil lug (Larue and Bobro come to mind) you will damage it.  Mounts with cross bolts (ADM, Geissele, etc) will be fine.

The Mil-spec doesn't allow for an interrupted rail I don't think does it?

Here is an example.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 8:25:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My only gripe with those is that the upper has lightening cuts in the middle of the rail. I suppose it is not as big of a deal since Geissele now puts the same cuts on the SMR
View Quote

Those are MLOK mounting slots.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 8:35:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In the 12 o'clock position?
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 9:14:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I think they are a fantastic deal and the cuts keep a smooth and even flow thru the rail.  I want to purchase one myself and I already have 3 G rail'd uppers...........
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 9:21:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I think they are a fantastic deal and the cuts keep a smooth and even flow thru the rail.  I want to purchase one myself and I already have 3 G rail'd uppers...........
View Quote

Do eet
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top