Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2016 9:25:49 PM EDT
Looking at 15" handguards to put on my 18" LaRue stealth barrel. I like the look and function of a half quad rail. I was looking at the Yankee Hill Machine YHM-5009 TJ 15" or the Bootleg Inc Handguard 15" PicMod.

I'm not sure if the YHM has a customizable center section in case I wanted to add to it. Also not sure if the Bootleg is a free float.

Does anyone have any experience with either (or recommend another that's not going to break the bank <$250)? I'd like to be able to customize the center handguard while having a half quad rail at the tip.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 10:02:13 PM EDT
[#1]
have you thought about an Mlok rail and then just put sections of rail where you like?

I would  take a peak at Midwest industries offerings they make good rails

there's quite a few solid MFR's(YHM included)
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 11:28:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Geissele MK4 Mlok and you'll have the best of both worlds.  Good shit those G rails...................
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 9:22:40 AM EDT
[#3]
BCI Defense

This is what i used on my 18" LaRue Stealth build.  Barrel nut uses a standard 1 1/4" wrench, so there's no hassle of timing the gas system.

I was able to get it for less from a local dealer, so check for a local dealer before you order.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 2:32:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Guntech USA makes a budget 15" free float M-LOK rail. I can't comment on the quality though because I have not owned one personally. They are super light at 8.8oz with mounting hardware and the barrel nut.

M-LOK - $115 in Black, FDE, or OD
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 2:35:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Geissele MK4 Mlok and you'll have the best of both worlds.  Good shit those G rails...................
View Quote

This.  Most definitely this.

Only slightly more than your budget, but worth the added cost.  These handguards are damn near bulletproof.

http://www.primaryarms.com/geissele-super-modular-mk4-15-rail-handguard-m-lok-black-05-315b

Link Posted: 10/22/2016 9:48:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the 13 inch MK8 rails on mine with a 18 inch stealth bearrel.

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 11:14:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Looking at 15" handguards to put on my 18" LaRue stealth barrel. I like the look and function of a half quad rail. I was looking at the Yankee Hill Machine YHM-5009 TJ 15" or the Bootleg Inc Handguard 15" PicMod.

I'm not sure if the YHM has a customizable center section in case I wanted to add to it. Also not sure if the Bootleg is a free float.

Does anyone have any experience with either (or recommend another that's not going to break the bank <$250)? I'd like to be able to customize the center handguard while having a half quad rail at the tip.
View Quote

I have a couple of LaRue handguards (12 and 13.2) and a couple of SLR Solo Mlok handguards (11 and 15). If you're building an SPRish type build I would go with LaRue full quads. They just look good on the 18-20 inch barrels.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top