Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2016 3:37:20 PM EDT
I am in the market for a upper on my first build and came across Aero Precision and liking what it see so far. My question is if I purchase the M4E1 upper does it limit my ability in any way with different hand guard rails if I choose not to purchase a Aero one?
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 3:45:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, you can only use those with BAR nut compatibility.  But, there are several out there to choose from.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:59:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, you can only use those with BAR nut compatibility.  But, there are several out there to choose from.
View Quote

OK thank you for the info.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:07:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That being said, I'm kind of surprised how much I like the Aero handguards.  They're a little think, with an ID of 1.8", but fills the hand Nicky and gives me better stability when I'm braced against a barrier.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:20:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

That being said, I'm kind of surprised how much I like the Aero handguards.  They're a little think, with an ID of 1.8", but fills the hand Nicky and gives me better stability when I'm braced against a barrier.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I really like the look and the price is fair on their stuff. I am definitely going with their upper and handrails.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 12:41:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I really like the look and the price is fair on their stuff. I am definitely going with their upper and handrails.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have quite a few of the Aero M4E1 uppers with either their standard M4E1 handguard or the newer Quantum and I really like them.  It is a very solid set up and easy to install/ uninstall.  Make sure you check out Schuyler and Granite Ridge for cheap upper and rail combos that are normally fairly cheap.  Both are site sponsors.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 12:33:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I got a great deal on my M4E1 upper and 12" handguard from Granite Ridge. Works well with my 16" Faxon Gunner.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 4:21:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a 16 inch barrel with 12 inch mlok upper on my M4E1.  I quite like the size of it, fits in my hand nicely.  The handguard is super solid.  Will fit any BAR style handguard, and swapping them should be a breeze.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 10:33:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I have quite a few of the Aero M4E1 uppers with either their standard M4E1 handguard or the newer Quantum and I really like them.  It is a very solid set up and easy to install/ uninstall.  Make sure you check out Schuyler and Granite Ridge for cheap upper and rail combos that are normally fairly cheap.  Both are site sponsors.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

SOB wish I read this yesterday. I ordered the Aero M4E1 yesterday from primary arms and I see these two website have better deals. Saving both as favorites.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 1:29:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Aero has complete standard 16" barreled keymod uppers on sale today for $299 and free shipping...
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 5:08:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Aero has complete standard 16" barreled keymod uppers on sale today for $299 and free shipping...
View Quote

Thanks I took a look but I am not a fan of the keymod look.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 1:23:04 AM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 10/3/2016 7:41:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Nice , what length barrel and handrail?
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 8:46:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

10.5" M4E1 quad complete upper, 15" M4E1 complete upper
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 1:40:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Love the look of the bottom one, is that a 16 barrel? I have my eye on a 16inch barrel with 12 inch Aero Handguard.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 9:12:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Is your AFG on backwards or are you using a different technique?
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 1:00:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Is your AFG on backwards or are you using a different technique?
View Quote

Works wither way for me. Forwards feels like a magpul afg, backwards gives you a vfg c-clamp option/barricade rest.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top