Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2016 2:21:43 PM EDT
I need a cheap 2 piece forend that fits into a delta ring for an AR-10 that has a top rail that lines up evenly with the upper's rail.  

I could care less about any other bells and whistles, brand names, etc.

Just needs to fit my rifle and have a rail up top that is level with the upper's rail.

Thanks

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 2:43:31 PM EDT
[#1]

utg brand is 90 bucks

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 3:11:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
utg brand is 90 bucks
View Quote

Someone else had suggested that.  But when I looked at some of them on UTG's site I only saw the free floats.  

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 3:13:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 3:17:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Someone else had suggested that.  But when I looked at some of them on UTG's site I only saw the free floats.  

-Emt1581
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
utg brand is 90 bucks

-Emt1581

I see 4 on this page alone that should work for you. Google works really good.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 3:25:49 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

I see 4 railed carbine handguards.  Not finding any for 308.

-Emt1581

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 5:21:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 8:47:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If you don't care about anything other than price, airsoft is what will get recommended and is what you seek.  
View Quote

Maybe, but the more I keep searching around the more the answer would seem to be something having to do with ditching the delta-ring and going free float.  Whereas there are only a handful of carbine length 2-piece handguards for a gun with a delta ring, there are exponentially more options when it comes to free float handguards.  

I don't really understand why that is.  

Also seems like, where I can get a railed handguard for $50 for an AR15... parts made for an AR10 are just more expensive.  Almost identical material used, very similar in size...but at least double the price of an AR15.  Probably has something to do with proportion of AR15 accessories sold compared to AR10.

EDIT:  Only reason I'm even considering changing the handguard is for a BUIS which is turning out to be a ROYAL pain in the ass to figure out an inexpensive solution for.  A gas block hight front sight- $80, handguard- $100+...and I can't add a section of rail to the stock handguard because then it's too high.  Can't use a standard metal BUIS on the gas block or it's too low.    For now I think I'll just use my aimpoint or Leupold vx-II.  Maybe just look into swapping out the railed gas block for a standard front sight gas block.  

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 8:55:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Is it a DPMS Lr-308 or an Armalite AR10, there are differences between the 2
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 8:58:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
That sounds a lot like a DPMS LR-308 instead of an Armalite AR10, there is a difference you know.
View Quote

Yup... It's labeled as an AR-10 but yeah, I bought an Oracle.  Normally I'll swap parts rifle to rifle or buy some stuff from Magpul and I'm good.  Can't really do that here.

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:15:46 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Yup... It's labeled as an AR-10 but yeah, I bought an Oracle.  Normally I'll swap parts rifle to rifle or buy some stuff from Magpul and I'm good.  Can't really do that here.

-Emt1581
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That sounds a lot like a DPMS LR-308 instead of an Armalite AR10, there is a difference you know.

-Emt1581

An Oracle is made by DPMS so it's marked LR-308 not AR10 because those are made by Armalite.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:26:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Aren't you the guy I offered to send the UTG metal front sight that sits on your gas block last week?

Offer still stands if you want it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:12:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

An Oracle is made by DPMS so it's marked LR-308 not AR10 because those are made by Armalite.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Emt1581

Interesting.   Never seen AR10 claimed as a branded model.  

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:14:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Aren't you the guy I offered to send the UTG metal front sight that sits on your gas block last week?

Offer still stands if you want it.
View Quote

Yup, like I said I thought I had this figured out.  If I dont ill shoot you a pm.

Thanks

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:57:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Topic Moved
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top