Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2016 4:30:57 PM EDT
I got 2 Adams Arms L-BUF-T-CAR-K buffer tube kits today that consist of Carbine Buffer, Buffer Spring, Black Plate, Castle Nut and what is supposed to be mil spec. buffer tubes.

I tried to put a Magpul CTR on one and a Magpul MOE on the other with the same results... very sloppy fit. It's sooo loose that they both rattle. My calipers measure the tube diameter at 1.1480".

The question is do I infact mil spec. buffer tubes? If so does Adams Arms always have a fit like this? I tried to search Adams Arms site to verify what I have but I couldn't find that model number anywhere in the search.

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 4:39:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Post pics and we can at least tell you if they're obviously NOT milspec tubes.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 5:09:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Flat back, Diameter of tube measures 1.1480". All things point towards mil spec tube but the fit is just sloppy... idk.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 5:22:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Flat back, Diameter of tube measures 1.1480". All things point towards mil spec tube but the fit is just sloppy... idk.
View Quote

Mil-spec diameter does not mean mil-spec - just doesn't rule it out.

Closeup of the threads and their transition to the stock tube will reveal if they're rolled or just cut.

overall fit and finish of the tube does NOT remind me of my milspec tubes, but that could be a matter of surface texture, I guess.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 5:37:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 11:38:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I see you measured it, and it seems to be within spec, so I would have to say, just a bit sloppy, I have a couple that are sloppy.  Does not affect the way the gun shoots.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:20:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Have you checked to make sure the Magpul stocks are not Commerical Spec?
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 4:57:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Everything that I buy I make sure to check the sticker for mil. Spec.

But I know that not necessarily what's in there... but I check.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top