Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2016 12:58:57 AM EDT
When I'm done, I'll have a MK18 inspired build. Starting off with this upper     http://www.lmtstore.com/uppers/upper-receiver-assemblies/105-upper-receiver-assembly-with-flash-suppressor.html

I kinda wanted to go with the Daniel Defense rail, but they always seem to be on back order, so I'll probably be going with a Larue http://www.larue.com/larue-tactical-90-handguard-lt15-9. WIll this fit the upper? Anyone have experience with this combo?

Also, anyone know what gas system this is?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 12:56:28 PM EDT
[#1]
LMT's 10.5" upper uses a carbine length gas system.

The Larue handguard will work on that upper but only if you either cut the pinned FSB down and contour it to be like a low profile gas block, or use a 2" long .750 ID block like one of these:

I recommend cutting the FSB down as it's pinned in the correct position for your application.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 9:03:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmmmm..... I was wanting to keep the FSB, I saw an old video from Shooting USA  and it showed them putting a Larue rail on with the traditional A post FSB.  Actually in the link above for the Larue handguard click on videos and there's the video I saw.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 11:57:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hmmmm..... I was wanting to keep the FSB, I saw an old video from Shooting USA  and it showed them putting a Larue rail on with the traditional A post FSB.  Actually in the link above for the Larue handguard click on videos and there's the video I saw.
View Quote

You linked a 9". Carbine is 7". It isn't the sight, you linked the wrong length.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 10:46:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You linked a 9". Carbine is 7". It isn't the sight, you linked the wrong length.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oops.    Thanks for all the help.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 1:31:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Just keep it simple with a MOE ML. That way you can add ML accessories to it (not that I, personally, would add ANY accessories to a carbine length HG).
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:24:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Just keep it simple with a MOE ML. That way you can add ML accessories to it (not that I, personally, would add ANY accessories to a carbine length HG).
View Quote

This will end up being a home defense/truck gun. Just adding an AGF and a light.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top