Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2016 3:28:06 PM EDT
I'm trying to balance out a nose heavy rifle.

Is there a chart listing, or does anybody know who makes the heaviest mil-spec tube?  

I'm trying to avoid swapping out my buffer weight until I get the tube squared away. Right now I have an H buffer and it works fine.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 3:42:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Put a Magpul UBR on it, I have one on my government profile upper and it balances out well. The UBR mounts on to it's own buffer tube, it's heavy but solid as a rock. The gen 2 UBR is lighter but I don't have any experience with the new version.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 4:10:34 PM EDT
[#2]
The tubes are going to be pretty much the same.  They inside and outside diameters have to be to spec, so there isn't room for much variation.  They make weights to put into A2 buttstocks if you want to go that far.  I think they weigh like 3 lbs.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 7:48:38 PM EDT
[#3]
V seven weapons has a steal one, probably the heaviest and strongest you can buy.
Only issue its out of stock on their site.
Maybe it can be had elsewhere

http://www.vsevenweaponsystems.com/collections/lower-parts/products/v7-buffer-tube
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 11:17:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
V seven weapons has a steal one, probably the heaviest and strongest you can buy.
Only issue its out of stock on their site.
Maybe it can be had elsewhere

http://www.vsevenweaponsystems.com/collections/lower-parts/products/v7-buffer-tube
View Quote

Was gonna post this. I've handled one, they're nice. If I needed something like that I'd not hesitant to buy it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 12:01:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for help everyone.  I sources an STR stock, I think I might have t figured out with some batteries in the storage tube and testing out an h3 buffer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top